SuddenLink Employee Reviews

Poor Management, held accountable for things that you cant control
DSR (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVFebruary 2, 2016
You can sell to 20 new customers a week but if for any reason they don't get installed, you are held accountable for it. Your job is sales not installation but you are punished if they don't get installed. If you chose to work for Suddenlink don't work for the direct sales department.
No Contact after muti-interviews
sales rep (Former Employee) –  Payson, AZJanuary 15, 2016
I went through multi-interviews and ultimately was not contacted after the last one to confirm if I was a proper fit or not.
Absolutely unprofessional by the group in Payson, Arizona and I am glad the true colors showed before wasting another 5 years with an unthankful company.
Pros
Interview Experience
Cons
Lack of communication... from a communication company.
Requires very quick/strong engagement of prospects, detailed follow up, strong closing skills and exceptional customer retention.
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Texoma RegionOctober 25, 2015
It is a very high demand work environment for the Texoma Sales Region.
Quotas are closely monitored including closing, activity,value added service selling, follow up skills and results are bench marked Nationally.
Goal setting is bimonthly and upward progressively challenged. Our team is one the top national teams and sought after as a "role model" sales production team.
Pros
free media services
Cons
residential meaning a large part of sales efforts are when prospects are home.
Revolving Management door
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 22, 2015
This campus is so unstable with new department heads and management every year. All they care about is taking student pell grants and then dropping them. Instructors are accepted with no skills.
Pros
pay is decent
Cons
Unstable and insecure environment
fast paced
Customer Service, High (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 19, 2015
staying busy, always having something productive to d. Help was always available. Mangers where good when they knew what they were doing.
Very friendly place
CCR I Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 9, 2015
A very flexible place to work at, the environment is very friendly and positive. Easy job as well, with great customers and management.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short breaks
Great company
IT Specialist I (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 4, 2015
Very family and culturally oriented.
Wonderful people work here.
Teams work well together.
Knowledge is shared freely without the fear backstabbing.
Pros
Moral uplifted by the "Fun Department" weekly
Great place to work at
Customer Service/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tyler TXOctober 4, 2015
I worked at the Regional office as a receptionist, everyone there was real nice and helpful. My supervisor really cared about all of his employees and would make sure everyone was well taken care of. On a typical day you greet, meet people, answer and transfer calls. Provide customer service to inside employees.
Pros
Cons
none.
Fun workplace at times
Online Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 21, 2015
Handle customer issues all day online via chat and email. Learned a lot about technical support and troubleshooting. As well as how cable, internet and home phone really work.
Pros
Free lunch and certian perks from time to time
Cons
Short breaks, point system
Good company but a little redneck-y & provincial
DIRECT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 2, 2015
It's fun selling the best and Suddenlink has the best internet product around. Unfortunately, once a customer has a bad experience with them, they are very very difficult to turn.
Pros
Some really nice people work there
Cons
Way too many managers mooching off sales force
Be Prepared for Outside Sales
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 13, 2015
This is door-to-door sales in every part of your town. Some parts you wouldn't want to visit during the day much less after sundown. You are assigned random areas - watch for stray dogs and wear lots of sun protection.
Pros
The training is top-notch.
Cons
Stray dogs and dangerous environments.
Suddenlink
Senior IT Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2015
Suddenlink was a good company. Insufficient pre -planning caused multiple problems at commercial launch. Product was not ready for launch.
Pros
General Company enviroment
Cons
Poor planning
Unorganized and Unethical
RTA Command Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 28, 2015
Management looks out for those who will basically stroke egos. This company does not value family or medical needs. The Hardest part of the job is trying to work around your personal or family needs. You have to go through too many hoops to get a medical leave approved and sometimes they simply won't to it.
Pros
Free Cable and benefits
Cons
Unethical Company with no integrity or family values.
A company with good people,but far too many executives
Broadband Sales Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg ,WvApril 7, 2015
When I 1st started with this company it was an excellent place to work. Since then the turnover rate has been unbelievable to say the least. Everyone is expected to sell by reading a worthless script called the Wizard that ONLY crams product after product onto customers.
A great place to work
Field Tech (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 2, 2015
I've learned that Coax cable is not what it was when it first came out years ago. I go to customers house and disconnect cable, take money or equipment for Non Pay customers. The hardest part is during the hot and cold seasons. I enjoy the fact that I don't have someone looking over my shoulder.
Pros
Free Cable service
Cons
Hard work at times
Great Place to Work
Commercial Tech Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Lubbock TXFebruary 26, 2015
Typical day:
Show up on time pull up all needed programs to assist customers, took customer calls, and used critical thinking to resolve various customer complains or issues.
I learned how to problem solve and used a web like mindset to narrow and identify customers probably issues. My coworkers are amazing individuals and each very different. Which allowed us to be an effective team.
Hardest part of the job has to be addressing each customer as a new customer and trying to address their issue. It can be very exhausting and tough to inform the customer that there is no current solution to their problem.
My favorite part was working through a tough call and changing the customer's mood. Usually when they ask for your name again or contact that really makes my day.
Pros
consistent schedule, benefits, atmosphere, and overtime oportunities.
Cons
lots of calls, customers can be unpredictable, and if precautions not taken back fatigue (i'm 6').
Interesting
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCFebruary 25, 2015
Good work enviroment.Good training program and very good trainers. Work hours are good and pay is good. Very helpful supervisors.
good comany enviroment to work for
plant maintenance (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 19, 2015
day of work is average,fiber ,management is fair and honest,co-workers are friendly,hardest part of the job was having the most up to date tools, the best part of the job was being able to use the knowledge that i have.
Pros
training
Good Company
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Halfway, MOFebruary 11, 2015
I worked for this company a lot of years. I worked from a installer to a regional manager and had support the entire way.
I like where the company was at 18 year ago compared to where they are at today. It just tells me where they are going and where they want to be.
Pros
enjoyable company
Cons
travel
Technical support (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 14, 2015
1. A typical day at Suddenlink was good in doing my work and having 2 min between calls.

2. I learned how to deal with upset customers

3. Management at suddenlink was real good. They knew how to work with you and always had family first.

4. My co-workers that were on my team were GREAT! We all worked together a as a team. We helped one another get a understanding of things we could not get.

5. The hardest part of the job was in august when it was college rush, Meaning all college kids go back to school and is needing services.

6.Sales Blitz was what I enjoyed the most. Every sale we got we got a gift card or got a chance to get a raffle ticket for a ice cream sundae