SuddenLink

SuddenLink Employee Reviews

Be Prepared for Outside Sales
Direct Sales (Former Employee), TexasJune 13, 2015
Pros: The training is top-notch.
Cons: Stray dogs and dangerous environments.
This is door-to-door sales in every part of your town. Some parts you wouldn't want to visit during the day much less after sundown. You are assigned random areas - watch for stray dogs and wear lots of sun protection.
Suddenlink
Senior IT Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2015
Pros: General Company enviroment
Cons: Poor planning
Suddenlink was a good company. Insufficient pre -planning caused multiple problems at commercial launch. Product was not ready for launch.
Unorganized and Unethical
RTA Command Center Agent (Former Employee), Tyler, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Free Cable and benefits
Cons: Unethical Company with no integrity or family values.
Management looks out for those who will basically stroke egos. This company does not value family or medical needs. The Hardest part of the job is trying to work around your personal or family needs. You have to go through too many hoops to get a medical leave approved and sometimes they simply won't to it.
A company with good people,but far too many executives
Broadband Sales Specialist II (Former Employee), Parkersburg ,WvApril 7, 2015
When I 1st started with this company it was an excellent place to work. Since then the turnover rate has been unbelievable to say the least. Everyone is expected to sell by reading a worthless script called the Wizard that ONLY crams product after product onto customers.
A great place to work
Field Tech (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 2, 2015
Pros: Free Cable service
Cons: Hard work at times
I've learned that Coax cable is not what it was when it first came out years ago. I go to customers house and disconnect cable, take money or equipment for Non Pay customers. The hardest part is during the hot and cold seasons. I enjoy the fact that I don't have someone looking over my shoulder.
Great Place to Work
Commercial Tech Support Rep (Current Employee), Lubbock TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: consistent schedule, benefits, atmosphere, and overtime oportunities.
Cons: lots of calls, customers can be unpredictable, and if precautions not taken back fatigue (i'm 6').
Typical day:
Show up on time pull up all needed programs to assist customers, took customer calls, and used critical thinking to resolve various customer complains or issues.
I learned how to problem solve and used a web like mindset to narrow and identify customers probably issues. My coworkers are amazing individuals and each very different. Which allowed us to be an effective team.
Hardest part of the job has to be addressing each customer as a new customer and trying to address their issue. It can be very exhausting and tough to inform the customer that there is no current solution to their problem.
My favorite part was working through a tough call and changing the customer's mood. Usually when they ask for your name again or contact that really makes my day.
Interesting
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), New Bern, NCFebruary 25, 2015
Good work enviroment.Good training program and very good trainers. Work hours are good and pay is good. Very helpful supervisors.
good comany enviroment to work for
plant maintenance (Former Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: training
day of work is average,fiber ,management is fair and honest,co-workers are friendly,hardest part of the job was having the most up to date tools, the best part of the job was being able to use the knowledge that i have.
Good Company
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Halfway, MOFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: enjoyable company
Cons: travel
I worked for this company a lot of years. I worked from a installer to a regional manager and had support the entire way.
I like where the company was at 18 year ago compared to where they are at today. It just tells me where they are going and where they want to be.
Technical support (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJanuary 14, 2015
1. A typical day at Suddenlink was good in doing my work and having 2 min between calls.

2. I learned how to deal with upset customers

3. Management at suddenlink was real good. They knew how to work with you and always had family first.

4. My co-workers that were on my team were GREAT! We all worked together a as a team. We helped one another get a understanding of things we could not get.

5. The hardest part of the job was in august when it was college rush, Meaning all college kids go back to school and is needing services.

6.Sales Blitz was what I enjoyed the most. Every sale we got we got a gift card or got a chance to get a raffle ticket for a ice cream sundae
No Support
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day: customer calls in and would like to speak with supervisor and there is no supervisor that wants to take the call. This was the must STRESSFUL JOB I have ever had. There is "NO Management Support" or enough training.
Wasnt pleased with this company.
Cable Technician/Installer (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MONovember 13, 2014
Although I wasn't Pleased working with this company I always provided excellent service to our customers.
poor managment
Direct Sales Manager (Current Employee), Abilene, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: leadership
Mid and upper management have experience in Sales or Management.
Productive and management takes care of their employee'a
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Parkersburg, WVOctober 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: time of work hours
This Comany is great to work with for, but there is a few flaws that is why I am looking for a new job. They have shift bids 2 times year and I am working 3p.m. - 12:00a.m. and have to work the weekends too. Its very hard on a family. I work at a call center and take calls from customers . Some calls I have to trouble shoot a cable internet or phone problem. Others I have to take payments or explain the billing system.
Would not recommend
Account Executive (Former Employee), TexasOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free services
Cons: management is the worst
This company has the word "Family" in their motto but it couldn't be further from the truth. They don't care about their employees because it's all about sales & the bottom line.
not a great expierence
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXSeptember 30, 2014
I did not enjoy working for suddenlink. The company was based on sales.
I'm in controll of my work, unfortunatlly we have a very small work force
BBTV (Current Employee), Truckee, CASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: i'm in controll of my work day and do not get a scheduled route.
Cons: some days just dont end, and this has taken a toll on my private life.
We have a short season to complete maintenance projects, and few helpers to complete these. It makes for long days. Proper management is a necessity. We happen to have a sales driven management, that believes preventive Maintenance should take a back seat. My company also tends to higher young inexperienced people with no loyalty to the company or the customer. Living in a small town with all of my customers knowing during my off hours and still wanting personal service when I off work. I enjoy being in control of my work day and having close contact with my customers, I like to fix their problems
set schedule with repeated dailey tasks
Sales/Technician (Former Employee), Sulphur, LAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: able to advance if you meet sales quatas
Cons: never home any eairlier then 6 and wont get off till all calls are done
ok pay ok hours very click like atmosphere and free cable and internet paid sick and personal days available
So-so Company to work for.
Project Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2014
Pros: .25 cent soda and free snacks.
Cons: indifferent managers
Some managers good others bad.
Co-workers very helpful.
Weak Project Management Office
Customer Service Manager
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Buckhannon, WVJune 9, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working in the cable industry.
Cons: extremely stressful at times.
Supervised 4 Satelite offices in MD. Penn. & West Virginia. Managed and Supervised 13 office customer service representatives.

1 2 3 4

About SuddenLink

Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink,¬†provides cable TV,¬†high-speed Internet access, and phone – Read more

SuddenLink Salaries