SuddenLink

SuddenLink Employer Reviews

Great Place to Work
Commercial Tech Support Rep (Current Employee), Lubbock TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: consistent schedule, benefits, atmosphere, and overtime oportunities.
Cons: lots of calls, customers can be unpredictable, and if precautions not taken back fatigue (i'm 6').
Typical day:
Show up on time pull up all needed programs to assist customers, took customer calls, and used critical thinking to resolve various customer complains or issues.
I learned how to problem solve and used a web like mindset to narrow and identify customers probably issues. My coworkers are amazing individuals and each very different. Which allowed us to be an effective team.
Hardest part of the job has to be addressing each customer as a new customer and trying to address their issue. It can be very exhausting and tough to inform the customer that there is no current solution to their problem.
My favorite part was working through a tough call and changing the customer's mood. Usually when they ask for your name again or contact that really makes my day.
Interesting
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), New Bern, NCFebruary 25, 2015
Good work enviroment.Good training program and very good trainers. Work hours are good and pay is good. Very helpful supervisors.
good comany enviroment to work for
plant maintenance (Former Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: training
day of work is average,fiber ,management is fair and honest,co-workers are friendly,hardest part of the job was having the most up to date tools, the best part of the job was being able to use the knowledge that i have.
Good Company
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Halfway, MOFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: enjoyable company
Cons: travel
I worked for this company a lot of years. I worked from a installer to a regional manager and had support the entire way.
I like where the company was at 18 year ago compared to where they are at today. It just tells me where they are going and where they want to be.
Technical support (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJanuary 14, 2015
1. A typical day at Suddenlink was good in doing my work and having 2 min between calls.

2. I learned how to deal with upset customers

3. Management at suddenlink was real good. They knew how to work with you and always had family first.

4. My co-workers that were on my team were GREAT! We all worked together a as a team. We helped one another get a understanding of things we could not get.

5. The hardest part of the job was in august when it was college rush, Meaning all college kids go back to school and is needing services.

6.Sales Blitz was what I enjoyed the most. Every sale we got we got a gift card or got a chance to get a raffle ticket for a ice cream sundae
No Support
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day: customer calls in and would like to speak with supervisor and there is no supervisor that wants to take the call. This was the must STRESSFUL JOB I have ever had. There is "NO Management Support" or enough training.
Wasnt pleased with this company.
Cable Technician/Installer (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MONovember 13, 2014
Although I wasn't Pleased working with this company I always provided excellent service to our customers.
poor managment
Direct Sales Manager (Current Employee), Abilene, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: leadership
Mid and upper management have experience in Sales or Management.
Productive and management takes care of their employee'a
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Parkersburg, WVOctober 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: time of work hours
This Comany is great to work with for, but there is a few flaws that is why I am looking for a new job. They have shift bids 2 times year and I am working 3p.m. - 12:00a.m. and have to work the weekends too. Its very hard on a family. I work at a call center and take calls from customers . Some calls I have to trouble shoot a cable internet or phone problem. Others I have to take payments or explain the billing system.
Would not recommend
Account Executive (Former Employee), TexasOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free services
Cons: management is the worst
This company has the word "Family" in their motto but it couldn't be further from the truth. They don't care about their employees because it's all about sales & the bottom line.
not a great expierence
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXSeptember 30, 2014
I did not enjoy working for suddenlink. The company was based on sales.
I'm in controll of my work, unfortunatlly we have a very small work force
BBTV (Current Employee), Truckee, CASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: i'm in controll of my work day and do not get a scheduled route.
Cons: some days just dont end, and this has taken a toll on my private life.
We have a short season to complete maintenance projects, and few helpers to complete these. It makes for long days. Proper management is a necessity. We happen to have a sales driven management, that believes preventive Maintenance should take a back seat. My company also tends to higher young inexperienced people with no loyalty to the company or the customer. Living in a small town with all of my customers knowing during my off hours and still wanting personal service when I off work. I enjoy being in control of my work day and having close contact with my customers, I like to fix their problems
set schedule with repeated dailey tasks
Sales/Technician (Former Employee), Sulphur, LAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: able to advance if you meet sales quatas
Cons: never home any eairlier then 6 and wont get off till all calls are done
ok pay ok hours very click like atmosphere and free cable and internet paid sick and personal days available
So-so Company to work for.
Project Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2014
Pros: .25 cent soda and free snacks.
Cons: indifferent managers
Some managers good others bad.
Co-workers very helpful.
Weak Project Management Office
Customer Service Manager
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Buckhannon, WVJune 9, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working in the cable industry.
Cons: extremely stressful at times.
Supervised 4 Satelite offices in MD. Penn. & West Virginia. Managed and Supervised 13 office customer service representatives.
sales rep oklahoma
DIRECT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Enid, OKMay 15, 2014
it is not a 80.000 dollar a year job....in some areas yes or maybe...but in oklahoma....think smaller...
Room to Learn
Work Order QA Specialist (Current Employee), Prestonsburg, KYMay 12, 2014
There is always something new to learn with the upgrading of cable, phone, high speed internet and new equipment to learn.
DSR
DSR (Former Employee), WVApril 30, 2014
I worked briefly as a direct sales rep. I feel like I was almost duped into the position. They offered an 80k earning "potential" and protected territory. It wasn't until I got to the interview that I found out it was a door to door sales job. I still took it though. But the hours are hideous - 11 am to 8 pm. There's really no way feasible to make the money that they tout at first. And they allow, rather encourage the technicians to compete with the DSRs for sales. Although we have territory boundaries and minimum sales quotas or we don't get paid - they don't. Also, you have to drive around for 9 hours a day on your own gas.
Overall, a good place to work.
Broadband Technician (Former Employee), Tyler, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: company truck, no micromanagement
Cons: weather, attics, under houses
This job had its ups and downs like every other, but as a whole, it is a good company with opportunities for advancement, pretty good pay too.
Worst part of the job is going under houses. Attics in the summer are awful too!
nothing
Tech Support Agent (Current Employee), lubbockApril 8, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: bad hours
love my job but the hours are a little out of control. why do u need this it really dont matter anyways

1 2 3

About SuddenLink

Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink,¬†provides cable TV,¬†high-speed Internet access, and phone – Read more

SuddenLink Salaries