SuddenLink

SuddenLink Employee Reviews

Loved working with my customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tarboro, NCAugust 3, 2013
Loved my job and my customers ran a single person office for over 10 years the hardest day of the month was the 1st during that time dealt with over 300 people in a day,
Great Place to work
Broadband Tech 1 (Former Employee), Midland, TXJuly 18, 2013
Fun and friendly staff
Great pay and Benifits
Easy Job
Free Cable, Internet
Absolutely Hate this job!
Broadband Technician (Current Employee), Pineville, LAJune 27, 2013
Pros: easy to learn
Cons: working outside in the heat and in some houses is horrible
They are all ignorant and work way too many hours. Have NO home life with this job! Takes months/years to move up even if you were qualified for a higher position before coming to the company!
Excellent employer
Field Technician (Former Employee), Gladewater, TXMay 29, 2013
Pros: company truck, company phone
Cons: pay rate
I was home dispatched, meaning I took home the company truck every night. I also alternated being on call with 3 other techs, for outage purposes, everything from single outages, to multiple nodes being down. I would receive a new work load every day that typically included new installs and troubleshooting tickets. The new installs would normally consist of running an outside drop from the cable tap to the side of a building/demarc point, the house, or building would have anywhere from 1 to 16 coax cable outlets with isolation needed for the internet outlet if the building needed an amplifier. Configured home routers, troubleshot modems, DVRs, TVs, also ran dedicated cat5 lines for various equipment. Lots of attic work, crawlspace work, working in weather. I was also the unofficial security expert for my area. Any security system installation would normally get passed to me. I would do new, wireless security system installs, or wired system takeovers. Worked with 28' extension ladder daily and shorter ladders as needed. My work route would change often, daily, as dispatch would dictate.
Workforce Analyst (Current Employee), Tyler, TXMay 29, 2013
Working at this place of employment you are always learning. Things constantly change and new activities to do. It is a very active place to work.
Production and focus on satifying customers
CCR Tech (Former Employee), Tyler, TXApril 15, 2013
Pros: great benifit
Cons: have to meet sale goals even if your not saling
A typical day would be logging into my computer and helping customers about 60 to 100 avrg daily correct any problems that may be upsetting the customer. I've learn communicating skills and how to be very patient I also learn 4 or 5 different types of software to use for the company. The hardest part of the job was, losing a customer due to complication with the company, but my most enjoyable moments are when i make my customers happy by fixing all problems needed to be fix without them moving out of their sit.
Job security with steady work
Customer Service Representative/Back Office Duties (Former Employee), Logan, WVApril 13, 2013
Pros: ample time off after you have been 5+ years
Cons: time is not given to you at the start of the year you must accrue it per payday
The customer service/coutnter work job was a great job. You interact with customers on a daily basis, and work with them to help them resolve billing issues and take payments and make changes to their services. There are various other job duties also and you have to be good with money.
Productive and beneficial work place
CSR (Former Employee), Burkburnett, TXFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: free cable and internet, and good health insurance
A typical day at Suddenlink would consist of taking customers payments, putting in work orders and trouble calls, answering the phone, taking care of petty cash, and depositing money in the bank. I learned how to communicate better with customers, and how to use ICOMS billing system. I worked well with my manager and co-workers whom I became very close too. My hardest part of the job was when I couldn't satisfy a customers complaint of their bill being too high and they couldn't afford their bill. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my customers and interacting with people on a daily basis.
Challenging and ever changing
Sales Support Supervisor (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 31, 2013
Strict call center environment, high stress. I learned to push the barometer! With the assistance of fine leadership, I learned what being a leader vs. boss was all about. Sales and customer and employee relations all go hand in hand. I am an independent worker with good work ethic. We worked as a team and at times at to agree to disagree. The hardest part of the job was the ever changing technical issues. The most enjoyable was the incentives and the challenge of competing with my co-workers.
Bad management
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Bryan, TXJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: decent pay payed training
Cons: terrible management
Terrible Management. No training. Expected to go out in the field and be amazing right away. Alot of cold knocks/calls. Don't be fooled. It's more of a telemarketer job than a marketing job.
fast-paced growing Company... good fit for go-getters
Leadership (Current Employee), Tyler TxDecember 31, 2012
Pros: casual dress, good pay & benefits, great supervisors
Cons: 24x7 hours, sales goals may be challenging for some
Working at the Call Center has been awesome. Everyday we work to live our values and appreciate all employees. Everyone is empowered to take care of customers, and to be their unique self. Call Center employees can promote into leadership. Very sales-oriented... can make a ton of $. Very casual dress code is a huge plus.
greedy
sales associate (Former Employee), midland, texasNovember 16, 2012
The supervisor only cared about making money for her...she did not care for her employees...the schedule/pay is ridiculous...I would not recommend them at all.
nice pool table
customer service rep (Former Employee), tyler txAugust 9, 2012
Pros: give aways
Cons: short breaks
turn over rate extremely high. stressful work environment.
idiot management
BBT1, Technician (Former Employee), Purcell, OKJuly 31, 2012
Pros: working with friendly people
Cons: being worked to death
The purcell area is ran by a moron who is only out to save a buck, if you have svc around there i suggest dish or the phone company for internet.

June 12, 2013

HA! I was taking calls down in Tyler. I never heard anyone have anything good to say about that office.

Too much politics
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), West TexasJuly 6, 2012
Pros: good to start, benefits are excellent
Cons: commissions just aren't there-- job has been ruined by pay changes.
DSR's battle unrealistic sales goals, stolen sales from office, bad reputation from contractors and poor base/commission structure. Commission plan is constantly changed for the worse and the sales process is painfully difficult. All sales are subject to, of course, a satisfactory install in the field. If the installer screws up, or is rude to the customer, they'll likely cancel and guess who gets the chargeback? You got it-- the DSR,. Lastly, corporate rarely gives incentives anymore (discounts or free premium channels) so you are not competitive with the dishes...

June 24, 2013

This is true. They change commission structures, making it impossible to reach goal to get commission. Many TOP sales people have left due to poor practices. No way to track sales, because poor compter programs. They let you see what they want you to see. Then when a tech decides not to do your job, he steals it because the techs are required to get quotas on sales as well. You end up driving around on your gas all day long on minimum wage. Don't do it!!!!

This is a sells job.
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), Midland, TXJune 20, 2012
Pros: work hours, benefits, and family time.
Cons: did a lot of work on foot and helping people for nothing.
I had to work for compensation and the city were I live is mostly suddenlink city. So compensations for new set-ups were not there and the company did not compensate for it. So you had small pay checks.
Mule drivers and slave pushers
Broadband Tech 1 (Current Employee), Flagstaff, AZJune 6, 2012
Pros: a pay check
Cons: they dont care about thier techs
Have to put up with a lot of !!!!!! .Way out of touch. Not a good placve to work Lots of turn overs
I wonderful place to work.
Customer Satisfaction Team (Former Employee), Tyler, TexasApril 29, 2012
I'm always excited to go to Suddenlink not just for the internal customers but for the external customers as well.

About SuddenLink

Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink,¬†provides cable TV,¬†high-speed Internet access, and phone – Read more

SuddenLink Salaries