Suffolk Construction

Suffolk Construction United States Employee Reviews

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST COMPANY I'VE WORKED FOR
Project Administrator (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 21, 2014
Pros: training was offered, many tools available, coworkers were nice, compensation was super
Cons: i got laid off because i had to be bed written due to a risky pregnany
Suffolk construction is the ideal company to work for, The owner cares a lot about the employees
When the housing market was blooming this company was one of the best!

The only bad thing to say is that i had to be hospitalized due to a complicated pregnancy and they laid me off after my child was born.(not sure if it was legal or not)
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2014
This company was a ok company I would go back to them if I could, I like that the company is close to my house.
I learned so much from this experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MaFebruary 6, 2014
One of the best places to work in Boston. The training and job experience was very educational and valuable to my future endeavors.
Could be a great place to work, depending on your ethnic background
Structural Superintendent (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: if you're white you'll fit just rite (right)
Cons: back their sub-contractors before their own employees
I honestly thought Suffolk was finally the right place for me. Project teams were well put together, offered ample training, had a good open door policy and most all paid well and offered good benefits. There issue was getting around the "good ole boy" system. While i was there, there wasn't one minority Lead/Senior Superintendent, not one! If there is ever an issue with a sub-contractors, engineers or architects whether you're to blame or not, they will not stand beside you. I personally witnessed all three (subs, archs and engineers) get out of line with supers and pm's only to see them moved or released. They are all about theirselves; Drink the cool-aid or you're not going to be very happy.
Productive experiance
Estimator (Former Employee), Roxbury, MA.November 14, 2013
Pros: great pay and enefits
Cons: very long hours.
Fun place to work even with the long demanding hours. Great company culture, always busy.
Professional, fun workplace
Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 6, 2013
Wonderful people
Hard workers
Lot of groups, teams to get involved in
Room for advancement
Push and support from supervisor
Hard working Enviroment
Project Administrator (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 20, 2013
A typical day is assisting Project Managers and making sure the behind the scenes of the job run smoothly
Great People and Work Life Balance
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Danvers, MAApril 7, 2013
Pros: great people, half day summer fridays, good work life balance, lots of team building
I'm sure everyone has heard some negative connotations with Suffolk Construction but I am very pleased to say that the company has been a great environment to work in. John Fish is very passionate about construction but does a lot to give back. Working there you get a lot of great benefits and you get a lot of opportunities to give back by working with charities and attending fundraisers and such. The people are really great to work with and are very eager to help as a team. They also have a lot of things in place to help with work life balance such as health fairs and half days on Fridays in the summer.Everyone in construction knows its a tough industry and is more than the typical 9-5 but Suffolk tries their best to make it a fun and enjoyable place to be. It shows that they know everyone works hard and try to show the appreciation. I honesty love working there a lot more than I thought I would. It's a great overall career and would recommend it.
Great Company
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 4, 2013
Great Company, Supportive staff, organized and professional, High Expectations and pressure to keep exceeding expectations.
I enjoyed working at suffolk construction
Superintendent (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 18, 2012
Pros: good health care
Cons: they did not practice what they preached
I think it was a good place to work, They took time to train and to promote with-in. They could have done a better job by listening to the guys that have been there instead of the freinds of freinds.

About Suffolk Construction

Suffolk Construction Company provides construction services from top to bottom. The company kicks off the building process with – Read more

Suffolk Construction Photos