Suffolk Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Climate is political and requires a constant watch over shoulder
Vice President Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYDecember 13, 2016
I worked for this credit union 20 years and the last several years were hard to take. I struggled to reach the 20 year point for my pension. The CEO was a micro manager and flaunted his power over other people's jobs. Senior management stayed the same course or were forced out. Pay increases were insulting when they were offered. It was a constant requirement that you watched your back.
Member Service Specialist
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYSeptember 23, 2013
My typical day would be to assist members with daily financial transactions and open accounts. I would create debit cards and help members change their PIN numbers. Coming from TFCU I didn't seem to learn anything new besides the products and services that SFCU offered. The management was very unorganized and did not appreciate their employees. The co-workers would have to take lunch seperately and were not allowed to have a relationship outside of work. The hardest part of my job was trying to get the correct information from the management team to assist the members. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to teach myself information about SFCU by reading the website and manuals they had.
Pros
Working with members and helping them achieve their goals
Cons
short breaks, benefits, insufficient management
Excellent opportunity for relationship building
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYMarch 7, 2013
Great place to work. Amazing co-workers and the nicest members.
Pros
excellent client relationships
Cons
low salary
Positive place to work with great group effort to keep team close
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MedfordJune 26, 2014
overall a nice place to work, friendly environment. Lots of room to improve and move around the company. SFCU worked hard at keeping its employees happy and connected not only as workers but friends. I was sad to leave when I resigned to take on another position in a different company
Pros
fun place to work with group togetherness
productive and fun
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NYMay 24, 2013
learned alot about the banking field and I loved it. I learned how to open up accounts, deal with money etc. I was doing this job along with college full time and another part time job on the side.
Pros
loved it!!!!
Cons
some of the managers sucked

Want to know more about Suffolk Federal Credit Union?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suffolk Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8