Position: Medical Receptionist (bilingual - English/Spanish)
Suffolk Orthopaedic Associates is a well established orthopaedic surgery practice located in
The Medical Arts Building of Bay Shore, NY. We currently have an immediate opening for a
full-time medical receptionist
Our medical receptionists take on an important task in helping our patients to feel comfortable and in leaving them with a "positive" first impression of our practice.
Our medical receptionists greet patients upon arrival, verify insurance information and assists patients in completing necessary paperwork. They collect co-payments, co-insurance and/or deductibles for services rendered.
- To deliver an overwhelming positive experience for our patients.
- To greet patients, visitors and employees in a professional and courteous manner.
- To gain patient cooperation by reducing anxieties, providing general information about our
practice and/or the doctors and answering patients questions.
- To accurately enter patient information and insurance information into patient's electronic chart.
- To confirm patient appointments.
- To review and verify insurance, referrals and authorizations.
- Calculating, totaling, collecting and reconciliation of patient co-pays, co-insurance and/or
- To prepare the office and front desk area for the next day.
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Any other relevant or necessary duties as assigned.
- Medical office experience
- To maintain a positive attitude and demeanor in the office at all times.
If you are a negative person, there is no place for you here.
- Regular attendance and punctual employee presence.
- A valid drivers license and own transportation to and from the office.
- To be able to interact with coworkers and patients in a polite and civil manner in a fast paced and
sometimes highly stressful environment.
- The ability to multitask and take on any other task or duties assigned as required.