Suffolk University Employee Reviews

a unique experience of tax practice
Volunteer Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 28, 2017
Working as a tax return volunteer is a fabulous memory in my life, you can meet nice people and colleagues.

The cite coordinator is an awesome professor.
Good people
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 9, 2017
Nice people and good environment. You can learn a lot and people are willing to help. Work and life are balance.It is only 6 hours a week
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Boring
Good place to work, Helpful employees and support system
Vice President-ALPFA Suffolk Chapter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 9, 2017
For students full of energy to learn and explore, this place is the best option. I am working here from past 6 months and never experienced anything bad here. From top to bottom, this place is full of opportunities and good support.
Lots of Training and learning new things!
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 2, 2017
As a new person to the American work culture, I was supposed to learn a lot of new things. And I trained myself to such scenarios and also worked along with the college management, board of members, the graduation admission team and also with the people working in library.
Great location for commuters
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 7, 2016
Quiet atmosphere
Typical office work 9 to 5
Faculty are pretty reasonable with administration staff/team
Great location for commute
Lunch breaks you can walk around Boston Public Garden when the weathers nice
Improving Management; Improving Work Environment
Associate Director, Center for Executive Education (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 17, 2016
Suffolk has gone through many changes over the years and has received some bad press; however, overall, it is still an acceptable place to work. The Suffolk community has rallied together and I think management is finally recognizing its employees on a more personal level more now than in the past few years.
No growth
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 8, 2016
No raises in years, no opportunities for advancement, and low pay. Employees work hard because of their love for their students. Faculty and staff go above and beyond their job titles/descriptions to help each and every student, with no incentives from administration. Most employees at Suffolk are either leaving for better jobs at other IHEs or looking for better jobs.
Pros
Excellent, but expensive, health insurance. High employer contribution to 403(b).
Cons
Low morale, no advancement, no raises in years, top-heavy administration
Flexible Workplace
Professor/ Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 16, 2016
As a fellowship student, you will work with a professor. Tasks could include grading, design homework, and research. Time is very flexible as long as you finish assigned tasks.However, your professor/supervise might not keep track of the time you work and assign you overload tasks. It's not a big deal, you just need to talk to them.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Overtime
No room for growth
Coordinator- SBS Dean's office (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 28, 2016
Growing within the university is down to who you know, and the connections you develop. There is little room to move, no raises in over 4 years, a culture, of low morale. Currently, work for a great department, but nowhere to move.
Pros
Work Like Balance, tuition benefits.
Cons
No cost of living increases, or raises. No Job security.
Great Team
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 21, 2016
The team here makes the atmosphere. It is very fast paced, but everyone there really cares about what they do. Typical day can last from 8am-8pm, but the work is fun and the students are great.
Pros
Great Location

Want to know more about Suffolk University?

Ask a question
Diverse and fun place to work!
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 6, 2016
Suffolk University has a great work-study program set up for students, where you can learn new skills and keep in touch with the wide spread student body.
Productive and fun environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 30, 2016
A normal day involves me working with student residents, answering questions, getting packages, and helping with minor problems someone may have. I work with other students creating a supportive work place. It's been great working around my class schedule.
Service oriented
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Office of Research and Sponsored ProgramsMarch 2, 2016
I manage the day to day activities of IRB submissions.

IRB matters are not often black and white, there are a lot of grey areas compliance must consider.

Management depends on what department you are in, our department is comprised of a very small group, which allows us to communicate effectively.

Having to guide new IRBNet user can be difficult if the user is unfamiliar with the system but I enjoy interacting and communicating with the faculty and staff.
Great work environment with collaborative team
Graduate Fellow (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 29, 2016
Working at Suffolk has been an enjoyable learning experience. I like working within a team setting, and feel it is very easy to share my ideas/opinions during collaboration times.
A typical day at work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 16, 2016
coming into my shift one of the first thing i do is check the messages to pass them along to my superior. then i proceed to the mailroom where i sort out the packages. as packages arrive student start to assemble to received their order. at the same time answer the phone whenever it rung to guide the customers through their question. and the cycle continue. few times a day students will need me to physically assist them with project. day in the life
good place to work
Sawyer Business School (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 26, 2016
great people, great environment to work. I would definitely recommend this employer. Its a productive environment to work in and interact with students, faculty, administrators, staff etc.,
very productive learning environment
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2016
Earned my MBA while working full time in the Deans office.. Was able to apply skills I learned thru MBA courses in the Deans Office, like revamping the database for professors. Great job and was very sad to leave after earning my MBA.
Pros
learning
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Theater Chair Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2016
Had an amazing time working there! I highly improved on my time-management skills. Everyone is very friendly and cooperative.
Don't let the name fool you
Support (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 6, 2016
There has been a 4 year pay freeze which looks to be continuing throughout 2016. A lot of in office drama and people who are constantly bitter. Best to try your luck at BU or Emerson.
Pros
Lots of holiday time off, cafeteria in building for students/faculty/staff, vacation and sick time
Cons
pay freeze, no advancement opportunities.
Mentoring incoming freshman help me grow as a person
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 7, 2015
Being nervous and not knowing what to expect as an incoming freshman was something every college student has to deal with. As a peer mentor i was able to make that process easier for not only incoming freshman, but their parents as well. Who were as expected, concerned about their children and how the transition to Suffolk University will be

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suffolk University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3