Sugar Bowl Bakery is one of Northern California’s largest family-owned and operated retail/wholesale bakeries. With nearly 100,000 square feet of state-of-the art production facilities, we operate 7 days a week and service, national warehouse clubs, major supermarket chains, distributors and retailers. We are one of the Bay Area’s Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies as reported by the San Francisco Business Times and have been named Bakery of the Year numerous times. We have an immediate need for a motivated and dynamic individual to assume position of Production Supervisor.
Production Supervisor (salaried) – MUST be able flexible to work overtime, weekends and holidays. This current opening is for our graveyard shift.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of the production staff and
assist with improving efficiency of the production floor.
- Plan and coordinate activities to meet production schedule and
ensure products are in compliance with all applicable
- Maintain high productivity and cost effectiveness through
proper scheduling of production, manpower, downtime for
sanitation and maintenance. Responsible for control of
budgeted areas such as overtime, waste of raw material and
finished goods, yield, efficiency, expense, etc..
- Follow all HACCP program requirements to prevent system
failures and ensure compliance with all Good Manufacturing
Practices and customer requirements.
- Facilitate programs in training, safety, communications, and
employee development. Hold subordinates accountable for their
responsibilities. Maintain accurate records (i.e. production
reports, assigned documents required by AIB/NSF, training, safe
and work instructions).
- Daily review and analysis of production data. Recommend
solution and/or initiate actions to further increase
efficiency, improve quality and reduce cost.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and
have demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to interface
with management, employees and business partners in a
competent, productive manner.
- Minimum 2-3 years Supervisory experience in a
manufacturing/production environment required.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel
Please include cover letter, resume and salary requirements when applying.
No recruitment agency calls or referrals will be accepted. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.