Sugar Foods Corporation

Sugar Foods Corporation Employer Reviews

Repack/ HR Clerk (Former Employee), Villa Rica, GAMay 31, 2014
Pros: 30 minute lunch, team work, great management
Cons: hot temperature in the warehouse
There was a lot of hard work that was put into this job, but the atmosphere makes it fun. A lot of nice people work here, including management. Management is very understanding, always asks if you could work instead of demanding that you work. Two 15 minute breaks, and one thirty minute lunch break.
Decent, better out there
Technical Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Commerce, CAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: steady job
Cons: heavy workload, pay isn't up to par.
Sugar Foods is more of a retail/marketing/sales company, if you are in R&D/Q/A you feel under appreciated and underpaid. Promotions depend on who your boss is and how much pull they have within the company.
great company culture
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Commerce, CAFebruary 13, 2014
Everyone takes pride in what they do here at Sugar Foods. Everyone is also very helpful and knowledgeable.
excellent company to work for
Cycle Counter (Former Employee), Villa Rica, GADecember 19, 2013
excellent company to work for/excellent balance allowed for work and time off
Great overtime opportunity but could not keep management
Packer/ Machine Operator (Former Employee), Villa Rica, GADecember 12, 2013
Pros: great benefits and overtime opportunities
Cons: couldnt keep management
Was a good place to work with good benefit package. Great people to work around. I averaged 62 hours a week when i worked there which was great for my check. The downfall was that we had around eight supervisors in a year because they didnt stay with the company long
Workplace experience
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Sun Valley, CAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: salary pay
I started from the bottom of the company, working as a packer and eventually making my way up to a forklift driver. I then moved on to become a quality controller and finally a supervisor for the company.

I have learned many important values and skills through my time at the company. Providing a safe working environment for all my employees and ensuring – more... a positive working atmosphere was maintained was important to me. I managed reports and records for the company, and made sure the working equipment was used appropriately, safely, and working efficiently. – less
Really fun workplace
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Sun Valley, CAJuly 25, 2013
Pros: good benefits, bonus pay, sometimes free lunch when goals are met.
Each and every day you worked was felt like you are your own boss but with rules of course. You just needed to get work done and management is so flexible.
Family Oriented
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Villa Rica, GAJuly 24, 2013
Aside from one manager, and the low pay this place was a great place to work. I LOVE the employees...and as mentioned 99.9% of the management. The company does require long hours at very minimal pay though..
Production as Sugarfoods
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 4, 2013
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: short breaks
On a typical work day we got strait to work. I learned that working in a production as an machine operator is was good to arrive early and set up so my workers would be able to get started when they arrived at the machine. My co - workers where very respectful, they always asked for permission before leaving the work area. The hardest part of my job – more... was constantly having to troubleshoot the machine from non stop operation. – less
summary
Machine Operator / Mechanic (Current Employee), Levittown, PAFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: overall great company
Cons: closed the plant
Set-up site for daily production, operated multiple machines, performed preventive maintenance, modified and repaired equipment to increase production. Loaded and unloaded trucks, utilizing expertise as fork lift operator. Performed quality assurance testing to maintain high level of accuracy of equipment.
• Created program to enable machine operators – more... to focus on efficiency of equipment, ensuring accurate and consistent weight of product, decreasing losses and increasing revenue.
• Developed electronic record keeping system of quality assurance documents
• Cited for active role in continuous improvement of sanitation program.
• Selected to train incoming temporary employees on GMPs and proper food safety practices.
• Chosen to fill in for quality assurance managers during vacations and other absences.
• Assumed leadership role on second shift during rotation of hours;
• Provided flexibility in personal time to ensure optimum efficiency of staffing. – less
Good Growing Company
Lead Machine Operator (Former Employee), Villa Rica, GADecember 7, 2012
Pros: management
Cons: pay
Work is easy but repetative, pay is not good. Many oppurtunities for overtime. Sundays off almost always.
Sugar Foods a very family oriented place to work
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 3, 2012
Pros: family environment
Cons: no advancement oppurtunity
Working at Sugar Foods is definitely challenging until one breaks free of the need for change. The environment at Sugar Foods is traditional, which works great for the privately owned company. The employees and senior management are very nice people and truly work as a family. The opportunity for growth in the company is slow, most employees tend to – more... stay within the company for a long period of time and are used to wearing multiple hats to get the job done. I've learned to juggle multiple roles simultaneously. – less
Very Productive
Quality Control Tech., Packer (Current Employee), Villa Rica, GaNovember 15, 2012
Very busy,I learn something new all the time I love been in Quality
SFC is a very family oriented fun place to work.
Senior Staff Accountant (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 7, 2012
My normal work day consisted of working closely with vendors and co-workers to run daily operation smoothly. One of the lessons I learned at SFC is take time to think creatively even if the plans do not materialize. The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge to solve problems that come up in day-to-day activity.
Great with giving you a chance to advance in the company
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Levittown, PAJuly 21, 2012
Great company to work for and they value thier employees. I worked 10 hr work days running high speed machines. my bosses was good and you always had a open door policy with them. I enjoyed my job because i leaned something new everyday.
Great Company with great benefits.
Utility (Former Employee), Villa Rica, GAJune 20, 2012
Pros: incentives for production
Cons: unable to take breaks ontime.
I loved working for Sugar Foods. As a utility person, I learned many jobs which allowed job security.
Very busy work enviroment
Forklift operator (Former Employee), USAAugust 30, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
A typical work day was very busy...
I learned you must watch out for the safety of others as well as for yourself, especially in a fast pace enviroment.

Management could have communicated with each other a little better.

Most of my co workers were hard working people.

The hardest part of the job was when a co worker was out and I had to make up the – more... slack.

The most enjoyable part of my job was completing assignment. – less
AMBIENTE DE TRABAJO AGRADABLE Y CON EXIGENCIAS.
CONTABILIDAD (CUENTAS POR PAGAR). (Former Employee), Mazatlán, SINFebruary 19, 2014
Cons: la distancia entre la zona urbana y la fuente laboral.
SIEMPRE COMPROMETIDA Y DEDICADA AL TRABAJO Y CUMPLIR CON LOS REQUERIDO POR EL SUPERIOR
Trabajo divertido
PROMOTOR (Former Employee), Puerto Vallarta, JALOctober 25, 2013
Pros: seguro medico
Cons: indefinido
Lo que mas me gusto del trabajo es el ambiente en que te desenvuelves.
ambiente laboral bueno
tecnico de calidad (Current Employee), Mazatlán, SINNovember 11, 2012
Pros: horas extras, seguro, caja de ahorro.
Un día de trabajo es estar todo el tiempo en movimiento haciendo los chequeos constantes para que el producto que estemos enviando este siendo checado y así sea de calidad, pero al final del día sabias que tu trabajo se había hecho responsablemente y que el cliente quedaría satisfecho con nuestro trabajo.

Yo aprendí a ser responsable, a trabajar en – more... equipo, a apoyar a mi equipo de trabajo de trabajo y me ha dado muchísima experiencia.

La parte mas difícil era tener que para una maquina por que el producto no cumplía con las especificaciones.

Lo que más me gusto es el equipo de trabajo que hay,el apoyo con la oportunidad de seguir estudiando, – less

About Sugar Foods Corporation

The sweet spot for this company is at your favorite restaurant. Sugar Foods owns the marketing and foodservice distribution rights – Read more