Sugar Foods Corporation

Sugar Foods Corporation United States Employee Reviews

Great Place to work my first year.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Sun Valley, CAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches for office staff
Cons: management hold personal grudges.
I had lots of great memories in my first year. But the beginning of my second many changes where implemented biggest change staff. People who had been there for years and made it productive and fun left or had been let go. The new staff members all knew one another and began to form a click almost imminently. I was let go to make room for a former employee whom position I had taken over when he left out of state. The excuse they gave me was that I had stolen sugar from the warehouse. Don't know who is still there or who inst but my only recommendations is to be cautions.
Great People, Great Organization
Regional Sales Manager, Foodservice Sales- (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2014
Great people great organization. No micro management and get to run your own business. Very good products with a great reputation in the industry
great place to work if you have no family
machine operator (Current Employee), Villa Rica, GAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: insurance, holiday pay, 401 k
Cons: employee attitude, management
The work environment is sometimes hostile. Some employees will make you feel less important to the company . management only cares if you work your tail off and if you have family you can kiss time with them goodbye. The bakery side has too much so called horseplay going on and the employees think their job is sorta like play time. The dry side is more serious about what they do. Regardless of the area you work in, the pay could be better for deserving employees.
hard job, lots of overtime
packer (Current Employee), Villa Rica, GAAugust 12, 2014
lots of overtime available
low pay
hard work
mandatory overtime
Revolving door with management
Employee (Current Employee), Villa Rica, GAJune 16, 2014
Pros: employee lunches, holiday party with good gifts
Cons: culture, revolving management door
Small company with big company dreams. Leadership team is made up of people who "put their time in" but not necessarily the right people. On the bakery side of the business, there have been 5 different plant managers in 7 years and an almost equivalent amount of other leadership changes. There are some good people there but it is hard to work in an environment where you always have to watch your back.
Repack/ HR Clerk (Former Employee), Villa Rica, GAMay 31, 2014
Pros: 30 minute lunch, team work, great management
Cons: hot temperature in the warehouse
There was a lot of hard work that was put into this job, but the atmosphere makes it fun. A lot of nice people work here, including management. Management is very understanding, always asks if you could work instead of demanding that you work. Two 15 minute breaks, and one thirty minute lunch break.
Decent, better out there
Technical Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Commerce, CAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: steady job
Cons: heavy workload, pay isn't up to par.
Sugar Foods is more of a retail/marketing/sales company, if you are in R&D/Q/A you feel under appreciated and underpaid. Promotions depend on who your boss is and how much pull they have within the company.
great company culture
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Commerce, CAFebruary 13, 2014
Everyone takes pride in what they do here at Sugar Foods. Everyone is also very helpful and knowledgeable.
excellent company to work for
Cycle Counter (Former Employee), Villa Rica, GADecember 19, 2013
excellent company to work for/excellent balance allowed for work and time off
Great overtime opportunity but could not keep management
Packer/ Machine Operator (Former Employee), Villa Rica, GADecember 12, 2013
Pros: great benefits and overtime opportunities
Cons: couldnt keep management
Was a good place to work with good benefit package. Great people to work around. I averaged 62 hours a week when i worked there which was great for my check. The downfall was that we had around eight supervisors in a year because they didnt stay with the company long
Workplace experience
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Sun Valley, CAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: salary pay
I started from the bottom of the company, working as a packer and eventually making my way up to a forklift driver. I then moved on to become a quality controller and finally a supervisor for the company.

I have learned many important values and skills through my time at the company. Providing a safe working environment for all my employees and ensuring a positive working atmosphere was maintained was important to me. I managed reports and records for the company, and made sure the working equipment was used appropriately, safely, and working efficiently.
Really fun workplace
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Sun Valley, CAJuly 25, 2013
Pros: good benefits, bonus pay, sometimes free lunch when goals are met.
Each and every day you worked was felt like you are your own boss but with rules of course. You just needed to get work done and management is so flexible.
Family Oriented
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Villa Rica, GAJuly 24, 2013
Aside from one manager, and the low pay this place was a great place to work. I LOVE the employees...and as mentioned 99.9% of the management. The company does require long hours at very minimal pay though..
Production as Sugarfoods
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 4, 2013
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: short breaks
On a typical work day we got strait to work. I learned that working in a production as an machine operator is was good to arrive early and set up so my workers would be able to get started when they arrived at the machine. My co - workers where very respectful, they always asked for permission before leaving the work area. The hardest part of my job was constantly having to troubleshoot the machine from non stop operation.
summary
Machine Operator / Mechanic (Current Employee), Levittown, PAFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: overall great company
Cons: closed the plant
Set-up site for daily production, operated multiple machines, performed preventive maintenance, modified and repaired equipment to increase production. Loaded and unloaded trucks, utilizing expertise as fork lift operator. Performed quality assurance testing to maintain high level of accuracy of equipment.
• Created program to enable machine operators to focus on efficiency of equipment, ensuring accurate and consistent weight of product, decreasing losses and increasing revenue.
• Developed electronic record keeping system of quality assurance documents
• Cited for active role in continuous improvement of sanitation program.
• Selected to train incoming temporary employees on GMPs and proper food safety practices.
• Chosen to fill in for quality assurance managers during vacations and other absences.
• Assumed leadership role on second shift during rotation of hours;
• Provided flexibility in personal time to ensure optimum efficiency of staffing.
Good Growing Company
Lead Machine Operator (Former Employee), Villa Rica, GADecember 7, 2012
Pros: management
Cons: pay
Work is easy but repetative, pay is not good. Many oppurtunities for overtime. Sundays off almost always.
Sugar Foods a very family oriented place to work
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 3, 2012
Pros: family environment
Cons: no advancement oppurtunity
Working at Sugar Foods is definitely challenging until one breaks free of the need for change. The environment at Sugar Foods is traditional, which works great for the privately owned company. The employees and senior management are very nice people and truly work as a family. The opportunity for growth in the company is slow, most employees tend to stay within the company for a long period of time and are used to wearing multiple hats to get the job done. I've learned to juggle multiple roles simultaneously.
Very Productive
Quality Control Tech., Packer (Current Employee), Villa Rica, GaNovember 15, 2012
Very busy,I learn something new all the time I love been in Quality
SFC is a very family oriented fun place to work.
Senior Staff Accountant (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 7, 2012
My normal work day consisted of working closely with vendors and co-workers to run daily operation smoothly. One of the lessons I learned at SFC is take time to think creatively even if the plans do not materialize. The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge to solve problems that come up in day-to-day activity.
Very busy work enviroment
Forklift operator (Former Employee), USAAugust 30, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
A typical work day was very busy...
I learned you must watch out for the safety of others as well as for yourself, especially in a fast pace enviroment.

Management could have communicated with each other a little better.

Most of my co workers were hard working people.

The hardest part of the job was when a co worker was out and I had to make up the slack.

The most enjoyable part of my job was completing assignment.

About Sugar Foods Corporation

The sweet spot for this company is at your favorite restaurant. Sugar Foods owns the marketing and foodservice distribution rights – Read more