SugarHouse Casino Employee Reviews

Fast Pace
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 1, 2015
Very fast pace, you'll deal with lots of people, you'll need a lot of energy and very good customer service skills and deal with the sounds and lights of the machines
Director and Managers and co workers were wonderful
Players Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2015
This was a great experience, although the hours were not conducive to a good home life.
The position in itself was fun and I worked along great people.
Working 4 - 10 hour days with 3 days off was nice.

Benefits were great.

Handling a wallet with $5500 cash in it on the casino floor was NOT something that I felt comfortable with doing.
Fast Pace
Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2015
As a server you have to work long hours in uncomfortable heels and you don't get a break during your shift. The cliental is horrible I never been so disrespected in my life at any other job then I have here. And they also have a point system that I don't agree with which makes it easy to lose your job.
Pros
getting paid every week
Very fun and exciting work environment where customer service is prriority
Security Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 28, 2015
Great place to work, very fast paced environment where customer service is key and is a crucial element in the production of the casino business.
Fast Paced
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2015
Fun place to work, Great work environment, I would recommend anyone to work there. Excellent and competitive pay, Management is really influential and fun.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Short breaks
Unreasonable work schedule
VIP Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2015
Customers we're always unhappy. I barely made any extra money from tips. I felt that managers we're extremely biased. It was close to impossible to advance. My work schedule was unreasonable.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Schedule
A place to work on financial stability
TABLE GAMES DEALER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2015
Good environment. Customers can be very outspoken and negative at times. Aids in gaining financial freedom. Could have a better place for employees to sound time on their breaks.
Pros
Free uniforms, good pay, good 401k plan
Cons
short breaks, have to pay for employee meals, hard to get requested days off
Family atmosphere
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 5, 2015
The Sugarhouse casino is a great company to work for. The staff members treat each other with respect and during just a couple of days on the job, they accept you as family. Also, while working for the Sugarhouse casino you are exposed to dealing with customers. This helped me developed my customer service skills to new heights. Great place to work for the benefits are great, the managers doors are always open and always are willing to listen to questions or concerns one might have.
fun place to work at
Casino Host (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 22, 2015
I've learned the role as a Host, micromanaging myself and in the casino buiness. I work various hours throughout the week. What i enjoyed the most, is just meeting different people each and every day and ensuring customers leave with a smile and a great experience at my casino
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
one break
Excellent and exciting atmosphere
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2015
Provided security and customer service for everyone in casino. Very fun atmosphere to work in and great leadership. Would recommend to anyone else to work here.
Amazing environment, great company benefits and pay
Employee Dining Room (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2015
-Room for internal growth
-Pays well
-Great employee benefits and appreciation
-Provides fun appreciation incentives for employees
Pros
Internal growth, pay and benefits
Cons
Management can undervalue employees and point system fails
Interesting staff
Food & Beverage Administrator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 17, 2015
It was always interesting and fast paced.

I learned that SHC could not figure out what department I should work for.

Management was fair.

Great workers!

The hardest part of the job - nothing it was always interesting.

Great Staff.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Paid Time Off
managers and coworkers are excellent
Front House Food and Beverage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 26, 2015
A typical day at work starts with a friendly smile and conversation from fellow employees on a game plan for the shift at hand. Off to work for the day begins stepping right into the work that needs to be done. Teamwork is wonderful, as we pull together to execute an excellent work day. Although as in all jobs, problems can arise. The management and staff are fully trained and equipped to handle these problems almost flawlessly. The hardest part of my job was being away from my family most all of the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers have a wonderful and enjoyable experience. I also admired the way that there was a constant guidance to help employees all day, everyday, from not only management but fellow co-workers. We where always there to help each other. That is one of the reasons I think it is so unique.
Pros
quarterly bonuses, excellent training, easy access to answers for any questions
Cons
to hot in work area sometimes, work home balance
One of Philadelphia's Best Places to Work
Team Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2015
Building relationships with Team Members is the ultimate reward in this role. Understanding everyone's needs and motivations are different supports having a "no door" policy. Team Members describe me as "fair"; what an honor. I enjoy learning and growing from our Team Members.
Pros
We work for our team members!
Cons
Not enough time in the day.
A good day at SugarHouse Casino
Steward (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2015
Sugarhouse casino as a steward can be tough without team effort, however, the team members that I was fortunate to work with produced enthusiastic energy, causing productive shifts. It helped me that I wanted to be the best at what I did as a steward, which motivated my co-workers to do better. I've learned a new meaning of teamwork everyday and developed a good deal of communication skills from them. The stewarding manager always complimented me on my consistency, team effort, reliability, as well as other attributes by which we've gotten along well. Although the hardest part was maintaining the energy and fatigue from constant lifting, fast walking, running up/down stairs and dishwashing, I always enjoyed ending the day knowing that I gave my 110% effort. It was always nice to hear that from my co-workers/managers too
Pros
Team work and fun staff
Cons
Absent Credit System
Great environment with constant employee events and bonuses
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2015
I love working for SugarHouse where the employees feel appreciated and there is a strong connection between management and its employees. The pay could be better but I still love going to work anyways.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses, break room, buffet
Cons
low pay
Diverse customer base.
Table Games Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Great management team. Probably a good fit for someone who is younger and doesn't mind shift work. Be prepared to give up your weekends and holidays.
Sugarhouse
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia PA 19082October 28, 2014
My day is always hectic. I run 5 outlets with 11 cooks. They are fun to be around and I have the pleasure of teaching and molding them. My coworkers are different, I share daily conversations and work with them. The most enjoyable part of the day is when the customers are satisfied and have many compliments about my food.
Pros
customers love food
Cons
many outlets to run
Sugarhouse equals teamwork
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2014
Sugarhouse is a fast paced, challenging, energizing and enriching work experience. No two days have been alike since opening... the best, most collaborative people ever!!
Pros
great team
My particular experience a nightmare
Outtide Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 2, 2014
In a nutshell this place is fine if you don't have to go up against vindictive, harassing managers and even being a new employee if you don't know the ropes. In my short less than 2 month employment there were many a employee who were very unhappy with the treatment by supervisors but it was not until by reporting on an simple incident that i felt reflected on me perhaps not being able to do my job that i experienced what many had warned me that this place is not the happy family it's promoted to be. Upper Management will turn a blind eye to any harassment and basically show you the door if your not happy. The talk the talk at orientation as to how you can reach out even giving cards with numbers for ANY problems be it personal, work, financial stresses, but its really a lot of bull. I will say that prior to my incident i was very proud to be employed here..the positives are great benefits, good pay and in some minor ways i did see an occasion of them showing appreciation in a general way to their employees as a whole!. But let me say that the traumatic demeaning experience of having your dignity especially being a senior at this establishment well..i felt i had to leave mind you i did nothing poor as to job performance! (with absolutely no options as to moving me to a shift or other placement within another department) or perhaps stick this out under bully tactics and with having my mental and physical health, no one has the simple guts and professionalsm standards to simply tell all involved to quit the intimidation and just everyone do their job. You also get mixed signals  more... from their many supervisors and managers as to what to do at your job even to the point of the GM giving you instructions to follow and a low level employee telling you do otherwise and the GM of all people should see him!! LOL. What i went through here is the very worst i've ever experienced in having a vindictive, intimidating environment and the worst part is that its is either condoned or turned a blind eye too. I also would suggest joining a union, as they give a long dissertation about the cons of doing at their orientation.. i do feel you need at least another option when you are at the point of having to leave a job that you had performed well and due to others lack of professionalism and you doing nothing 'wrong' you walk into a situation unknowing that rocks their boat.  less
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
poor supervisors, harassment, mixed instructions, too many bosses, lack of consideration of employeee dignity, poor health conditions, upper managment no support