SugarHouse Casino Employee Reviews in United States

they need to do better
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2016
it would be a better place to work if the employer actually cared about their employees like they say they do. the only good thing about this job is the pay and bonuses.
Pros
tips, bonuses, weekly pay, benefits
Cons
attendance policy, never closes no matter the weather, not understanding
Director and Managers and co workers were wonderful
Players Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2015
This was a great experience, although the hours were not conducive to a good home life.
The position in itself was fun and I worked along great people.
Working 4 - 10 hour days with 3 days off was nice.

Benefits were great.

Handling a wallet with $5500 cash in it on the casino floor was NOT something that I felt comfortable with doing.
Fast Paced
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2015
Fun place to work, Great work environment, I would recommend anyone to work there. Excellent and competitive pay, Management is really influential and fun.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Short breaks
Fast Pace
Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2015
As a server you have to work long hours in uncomfortable heels and you don't get a break during your shift. The cliental is horrible I never been so disrespected in my life at any other job then I have here. And they also have a point system that I don't agree with which makes it easy to lose your job.
Pros
getting paid every week
Sugarhouse Casino
Player Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 15, 2016
The job was really befitting for me at the time. I made great connections with the guest and coworkers. The smoking environmental is a bit of challenge and one of the negatives.
Amazing environment, great company benefits and pay
Employee Dining Room (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2015
-Room for internal growth
-Pays well
-Great employee benefits and appreciation
-Provides fun appreciation incentives for employees
Pros
Internal growth, pay and benefits
Cons
Management can undervalue employees and point system fails
Family atmosphere
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 5, 2015
The Sugarhouse casino is a great company to work for. The staff members treat each other with respect and during just a couple of days on the job, they accept you as family. Also, while working for the Sugarhouse casino you are exposed to dealing with customers. This helped me developed my customer service skills to new heights. Great place to work for the benefits are great, the managers doors are always open and always are willing to listen to questions or concerns one might have.
managers and coworkers are excellent
Front House Food and Beverage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 26, 2015
A typical day at work starts with a friendly smile and conversation from fellow employees on a game plan for the shift at hand. Off to work for the day begins stepping right into the work that needs to be done. Teamwork is wonderful, as we pull together to execute an excellent work day. Although as in all jobs, problems can arise. The management and staff are fully trained and equipped to handle these problems almost flawlessly. The hardest part of my job was being away from my family most all of the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers have a wonderful and enjoyable experience. I also admired the way that there was a constant guidance to help employees all day, everyday, from not only management but fellow co-workers. We where always there to help each other. That is one of the reasons I think it is so unique.
Pros
quarterly bonuses, excellent training, easy access to answers for any questions
Cons
to hot in work area sometimes, work home balance
A place to work on financial stability
TABLE GAMES DEALER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2015
Good environment. Customers can be very outspoken and negative at times. Aids in gaining financial freedom. Could have a better place for employees to sound time on their breaks.
Pros
Free uniforms, good pay, good 401k plan
Cons
short breaks, have to pay for employee meals, hard to get requested days off
Eh
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2016
Good paid time off system. Not paid as accordingly with the type of work. Currently a mess during the expansion that they're rushing through
Fast Pace
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 1, 2015
Very fast pace, you'll deal with lots of people, you'll need a lot of energy and very good customer service skills and deal with the sounds and lights of the machines
Interesting staff
Food & Beverage Administrator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 17, 2015
It was always interesting and fast paced.

I learned that SHC could not figure out what department I should work for.

Management was fair.

Great workers!

The hardest part of the job - nothing it was always interesting.

Great Staff.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Paid Time Off
Unreasonable work schedule
VIP Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2015
Customers we're always unhappy. I barely made any extra money from tips. I felt that managers we're extremely biased. It was close to impossible to advance. My work schedule was unreasonable.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Schedule
A good day at SugarHouse Casino
Steward (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2015
Sugarhouse casino as a steward can be tough without team effort, however, the team members that I was fortunate to work with produced enthusiastic energy, causing productive shifts. It helped me that I wanted to be the best at what I did as a steward, which motivated my co-workers to do better. I've learned a new meaning of teamwork everyday and developed a good deal of communication skills from them. The stewarding manager always complimented me on my consistency, team effort, reliability, as well as other attributes by which we've gotten along well. Although the hardest part was maintaining the energy and fatigue from constant lifting, fast walking, running up/down stairs and dishwashing, I always enjoyed ending the day knowing that I gave my 110% effort. It was always nice to hear that from my co-workers/managers too
Pros
Team work and fun staff
Cons
Absent Credit System
Very fun and exciting work environment where customer service is prriority
Security Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 28, 2015
Great place to work, very fast paced environment where customer service is key and is a crucial element in the production of the casino business.
Great environment with constant employee events and bonuses
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2015
I love working for SugarHouse where the employees feel appreciated and there is a strong connection between management and its employees. The pay could be better but I still love going to work anyways.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses, break room, buffet
Cons
low pay
fun place to work at
Casino Host (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 22, 2015
I've learned the role as a Host, micromanaging myself and in the casino buiness. I work various hours throughout the week. What i enjoyed the most, is just meeting different people each and every day and ensuring customers leave with a smile and a great experience at my casino
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
one break
One of Philadelphia's Best Places to Work
Team Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2015
Building relationships with Team Members is the ultimate reward in this role. Understanding everyone's needs and motivations are different supports having a "no door" policy. Team Members describe me as "fair"; what an honor. I enjoy learning and growing from our Team Members.
Pros
We work for our team members!
Cons
Not enough time in the day.
High Volume, Very friendly
Casino Table Games Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 19, 2014
The sugarhouse casino is still under ways we do not have rooms or a garage some of the offerings of other casinos. Sugarhouse makes up for what they don't have with there gambling experience. There are only fifty table games there and there always full people gamble there for extreme amounts of time. I did enjoy the challenges that came along with opening a new casino and watching the plans unfold. I would work there again
Pros
401k, healthcare, experience
Cons
rough crowd, bad air due to the second hand smoke and air ventilation, parking lot to small, bad food
High pace,details a plus.
Food & Beverage Steward (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 29, 2013
Well in what ever shift you are in need to keep in mind,the place stays open 24 hours.Therfore work well with others and get your work done.Many oportunities not essy to recieve yet with determination and hard work somebody will teach you something.Management has littel room for error.many diferent workers many diferent personalytis.Trying to remember your schedule.Knowing the place is growing at a very fast pace.
Pros
have time off with pay
Cons
have not yet acchive its potencial.

SugarHouse Casino Reviews by Location