SugarHouse Casino Employee Reviews

its full of drama and it feels like high school
Player Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAFebruary 9, 2017
If you are young and single its a fun place to work. I had one good manager, the rest try to act better then you. The managers only hired their friends for promotions. Work environment too politically correct and lots of drama. If you didn't hang with the cool click or DON'T kiss butt you won't last.
Pros
meeting people and making tips
Cons
drama, full of haters
Great company to work for, horrible management in market place
Market place cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 3, 2017
Being a former employee, I loved working for sugarhouse. Hated the way management operated. Never any communication between employees and management, it's very unorganized. It's like high school in a sense. Breaks aren't long, you don't make any money. If you want to live pay check to pay check, this is the job for you. Micromanaging is a huge thing for them in there, so get used to being treated like a toddler to do your job.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, micro manage, horrible management
Market place cashier
Market place cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 5, 2016
Honestly the worst place to ever work at. Very poor management and system. They don't care about the employees very understaffed you may be working by your self at times. The customers are rude and nasty and they will disrespect you. And the schedule sucks if your new you most definitely going to overnights. It's not worth it you don't ever see your family or children and also they may have you working 9 days straight with no over time . WORST JOB EVER! It's not worst the stress with the low pay they offer you. And you will never move on up!.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Breaks, low pay, no advancement, poor management, attendance point system
Nice Benefits
Marketplace Lead (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2016
working here is ok but the company is understaffed sometimes. Not much room to move up in food and beverage because of the consistent hiring of new Food &Beverage Managers.
Pros
Weekly Pay, Over 30+ days paid Days off
Cons
No Room for Growth, No Overtime Allowed, Mandatory 40 Hrs
Reliable and Dedicatied Employee
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2016
I enjoy working with the customers and my co-workers this is by far one of the most exiting jobs I've held there's never a dull moment at this establishment
Ptoductive and fun workplace
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2016
I would recommend anybody to work here. The benefits,food and management are great! The environment overall is phenomenal. It's always something going on, the atmosphere is fantastic! Employee bonuses,holiday bonuses,employee meal discounts,job advancements,employee appreciation day etc.!
Pros
Bonuses, Holiday bonuses, employee meal discounts, company parties etc.
Cons
Point system
To be reviewed at interview
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2016
Successful growing business offering a wide varieties of amenities in a typical gaming environment. Unique culture offering room for advancement including the ability to transfer to other departments or properties.
Excellent workplace
General Buyer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2016
Excellent benefits! Great opportunity for advancement! Flexible hours. Excellent people to work with! I enjoy working with all the people around me!
Pros
Flex Hours
Cons
Distance to drive
Sugarhouse Casino
Player Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 15, 2016
The job was really befitting for me at the time. I made great connections with the guest and coworkers. The smoking environmental is a bit of challenge and one of the negatives.
they need to do better
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2016
it would be a better place to work if the employer actually cared about their employees like they say they do. the only good thing about this job is the pay and bonuses.
Pros
tips, bonuses, weekly pay, benefits
Cons
attendance policy, never closes no matter the weather, not understanding
Eh
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2016
Good paid time off system. Not paid as accordingly with the type of work. Currently a mess during the expansion that they're rushing through
Fast Pace
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 1, 2015
Very fast pace, you'll deal with lots of people, you'll need a lot of energy and very good customer service skills and deal with the sounds and lights of the machines
Director and Managers and co workers were wonderful
Players Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2015
This was a great experience, although the hours were not conducive to a good home life.
The position in itself was fun and I worked along great people.
Working 4 - 10 hour days with 3 days off was nice.

Benefits were great.

Handling a wallet with $5500 cash in it on the casino floor was NOT something that I felt comfortable with doing.
Fast Pace
Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2015
As a server you have to work long hours in uncomfortable heels and you don't get a break during your shift. The cliental is horrible I never been so disrespected in my life at any other job then I have here. And they also have a point system that I don't agree with which makes it easy to lose your job.
Pros
getting paid every week
Very fun and exciting work environment where customer service is prriority
Security Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 28, 2015
Great place to work, very fast paced environment where customer service is key and is a crucial element in the production of the casino business.
Fast Paced
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2015
Fun place to work, Great work environment, I would recommend anyone to work there. Excellent and competitive pay, Management is really influential and fun.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Short breaks
Unreasonable work schedule
VIP Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2015
Customers we're always unhappy. I barely made any extra money from tips. I felt that managers we're extremely biased. It was close to impossible to advance. My work schedule was unreasonable.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Schedule
A place to work on financial stability
TABLE GAMES DEALER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2015
Good environment. Customers can be very outspoken and negative at times. Aids in gaining financial freedom. Could have a better place for employees to sound time on their breaks.
Pros
Free uniforms, good pay, good 401k plan
Cons
short breaks, have to pay for employee meals, hard to get requested days off
Family atmosphere
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 5, 2015
The Sugarhouse casino is a great company to work for. The staff members treat each other with respect and during just a couple of days on the job, they accept you as family. Also, while working for the Sugarhouse casino you are exposed to dealing with customers. This helped me developed my customer service skills to new heights. Great place to work for the benefits are great, the managers doors are always open and always are willing to listen to questions or concerns one might have.
fun place to work at
Casino Host (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 22, 2015
I've learned the role as a Host, micromanaging myself and in the casino buiness. I work various hours throughout the week. What i enjoyed the most, is just meeting different people each and every day and ensuring customers leave with a smile and a great experience at my casino
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
one break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SugarHouse Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

SugarHouse Casino Reviews by Location