SugarHouse Casino Employee Reviews

blah
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 3, 2017
hated it all of it, the only thing i liked was some of the people there. short staff every single day, dirty kitchen NOBODY cleans and nobody gets in trouble for it.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Ghetto
Full time dealee (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2017
They'll hire anyone because they can't keep anyone. Don't even ask to use the bathroom. Poorly managed . Ghetto customers everyday you see the same customers not all of them play they hang out at your table and watch other players play. You do hour and 20s . You have to buy your own food . Customers all ways take shots and lie
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Management, customers
Fast paced work environment, you build a relationship with the patrons
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2017
I've been employed with the company for the past 20 months, my experience has been good thus far, I just wanna broaden my horizon in the field of Security
Pros
paid lunch breaks
Cons
the point system, and lack of advancement
Unrealistic
EVS Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2017
The days seemed much longer sometimes,due to the fact that we kept losing guests. They complained often about how they were being mistreated by the casino itself from the entertainment and gambling aspect [EVS EXCLUDED]. My immediate manager was great. The departments were definitely divided. Working with co-workers was always interesting,when you were paired with those who actually worked. Interactions with customers made the job worth going to.
Pros
The honesty and integritiy of my immediate supervisors.
Cons
Untrustworthy individuals in upper management
Hard Not to Love
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2017
I was only here for 13 months but honestly I loved it. I worked security and while there were issues with the customer interaction policy, I would give SH a great review due to management and the leadership team. It seems like they try to please and look out for their employees.
Pros
Great open door policy
Cons
Pay rate (security)
Nice place to work
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2017
Highly recommend Sugar House as place to work, nice management, good benefits, easy to work, good career opportunities, fair salary, management is always looking forward to help you succeed and help you if you have any unexpected life situations, one of the best places to work.
Not very Professional
Valet Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2017
The Casino and management aren't very professional. They claim to be one of the best places to work but don't take of their people. Communication slacks and so does most other areas.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Too many to list
Great Place to Work!
FOOD & BEVERAGE SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2017
Great place to work and Grow! Lots of Growth opportunity. Awesome incentives for hourly employee. Hardest part of the job is just normal demands of working in a casino and running 24 hour operation. 8 hour shifts.
Pros
Yearly Bonus, great Pto for management
Fun Place To Work
Host & Security (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2017
One of the best jobs I've had. Great pay and environment. Learned so much from this job, it build my customer service skills extremely. Best part, I got paid weekly.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Fun workplace and great co-workers.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2017
It is a nice work environment with great co-workers. Overnight work is always steady with something to do at all times working with large sums of money. You have to learn your pace when working here and meeting so many new people, customers and co-workers, is the best part.
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2017
I worked there for two years and I must say I had a lot of fun. The people were grate and they tried to make it as fun as they could. The pay could have been a lot better for what we do deal with.
Good temporary job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2017
Benefits are decent for a kid who just turned 21. Don't plan on making a career here. No matter how much experience and time you put in, if there is a position that opens up that you fit perfectly, they will hire an outsider with little to no experience. They claim to be an "equal opportunity employer" but females and a few "favorite" males will always have the advantage when it comes to advancement. It's sad because the casino has a lot of potential, it's just being ran poorly.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Misguided VPs and Executives
Great company to work for
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2017
I have fun everyday I work. From higher up to my fellow teammates are awesome. I have worked for companies that don't care about their employees, I can honestly say Sugarhouse does.
Pros
Benefits, lunch, bonuses, location, great co-workers, great boss, able to transfer to gain experience in different departments
Clean up the place . to much rift raft go there and they treat employees bad.
Casino Dealer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 25, 2017
Tough place to work..rude customers go there and they run the casino..management is afraid of getting in a confrontation with them. If you're not part of the click or you speak your mind ,you'repretty much screwed..noone is ever in the same page
Good place to work, not a career
Deli Attendant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2017
Cleaning and food prep, not too hard, but management does play favorites so you may find members of your team sneaking off with no consequences.
Everyone tries to stay happy, but the customers are very rude and entitled. Back of the house is better. Hardest part is to stay smiling through the disrespectful customers and the saccharine-sweet management.
Most enjoyable part of the job is that tasks are organized and laid out in such a way that you always know what you have to do, when, and how, and you won't have supervisors or managers micro-managing you. Resources and supplies for the job are always there when needed, and the immediate supervisors are usually promoted from within so they're easy to talk to.
Pros
Cheap lunches, clean facility, easy work, friendly co-workers
Cons
Customers are RUDE and disrespectful, stressful environment, management will tell you anything so you'll go away, mandatory holidays
its full of drama and it feels like high school
Player Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAFebruary 9, 2017
If you are young and single its a fun place to work. I had one good manager, the rest try to act better then you. The managers only hired their friends for promotions. Work environment too politically correct and lots of drama. If you didn't hang with the cool click or DON'T kiss butt you won't last.
Pros
meeting people and making tips
Cons
drama, full of haters
somerimes a fun work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 6, 2017
Fast work place
Unprofessional work place
Management is unprofessional
Some co-workers were friendly and helpful
The kitchen always messed up food orders
a lot of call outs
Pros
wages
Cons
No break, rude customers
Great company to work for, horrible management in market place
Market place cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 3, 2017
Being a former employee, I loved working for sugarhouse. Hated the way management operated. Never any communication between employees and management, it's very unorganized. It's like high school in a sense. Breaks aren't long, you don't make any money. If you want to live pay check to pay check, this is the job for you. Micromanaging is a huge thing for them in there, so get used to being treated like a toddler to do your job.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, micro manage, horrible management
Nice Benefits
Marketplace Lead (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2016
working here is ok but the company is understaffed sometimes. Not much room to move up in food and beverage because of the consistent hiring of new Food &Beverage Managers.
Pros
Weekly Pay, Over 30+ days paid Days off
Cons
No Room for Growth, No Overtime Allowed, Mandatory 40 Hrs
Reliable and Dedicatied Employee
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2016
I enjoy working with the customers and my co-workers this is by far one of the most exiting jobs I've held there's never a dull moment at this establishment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SugarHouse Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

SugarHouse Casino Reviews by Location