SULLAIR Employee Reviews

Working for a large corporation is wonderful.
Temporary Employee, painter, forklift driver (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INJuly 17, 2017
I was a part time worker at sullair. I got paid great money to learn a lot of valuable skills. Forklift driving, painting, and even learned the receptionist job.
Pros
The hours, location, and pay
Cons
It was a temp job.
awesome job loved what i did
Precision Assembler (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INDecember 15, 2016
the job and fellow employees were some of the best i have ever experienced how ever management was a so-so situation. some of the supervisors like to change up your work load at a moments notice without any advance warning. its hard to reach your daily goals that way.
Pros
i really looked forward to going to work each day
Cons
micro management by some of the supervisors
Unethical Executive
Senior Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INDecember 5, 2016
The former Office Manager/Executive Assistant received an unwarranted promotion after having relattionships with the GM. Need a wriiten Ethics Policy on Workplace Relationship.

Many changes on the products and directions. New managements from the Dallas office.
Pros
New changes
Cons
A place where a supervisor micromanagers
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INOctober 4, 2016
Good paying job and a safe place to work, Always had a weekly safety meetings and always talked about what was going on for the week and what was coming up.
Software Engineer
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INSeptember 18, 2016
Sullair is a great place to work. I was given the opportunity to work on various project with cutting edge technology. I was free to do research and present plans to my manager. It is a great place to work.
Pros
New Technologies, good location, friendly atmosphere
Temp
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJuly 20, 2016
This was when I was a temp before I got hired in full time. The company back then was much more enjoyable to work for then it is now. Many things have changed since the recession in 2006.
Answer upon request
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INMarch 24, 2016
I will answer any questions about my work environment upon request. I handle all purchasing responsibilities of a buyer, work with our production facility, and other cross functional groups such as Quality and Engineering.
loved this job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INMarch 15, 2016
I loved this job had awesome benefits I knew exactly what was to be done without any supervision noir help . very easy going company to work for.
Not the place I thought.
Mutiple (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INFebruary 18, 2016
Former employee of 8 years that worked my way up from a machinist. I was layed off from a position I was personally asked to take by HR, because of my knowledge of compressors. Used to be a awesome place to work. New management and owners probably couldn't manage a checkbook. Little alone a company. In 8 years I saw 4 early buyouts and I think 8 or 9 layoffs. Business is slow, they're way behind on T4 emissions standards. Don't know how much longer they'll be in business, I know they're moving a lot to of the production of machines to China, so maybe that will help.
Pros
Use to be an awesome company.
Cons
New owners, Managers and VP.
proud to be on the Sullair team
Operation Assembler, Construction and Industry (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INMarch 27, 2015
being productive, able to show others how the job is done, they were there to back you up, always there to help others out, when I got laid off, completing the compressor by the end of the day.
Pros
summer pinic, weight lifting room, pool
Bad Place to work for
Material Handler/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INMarch 7, 2015
never worked for a place as bad as this one the management was bad they showed favorites to workers that already was working there, and they take for ever to hire people in.
Pros
Cons
breaks ok
Company was good to work for but now......
Former purchasing analyst (Former Employee) –  Michigan CityFebruary 1, 2015
New management has driven this company to be only concerned about profit. Very un-ethical practices going on. Beware.
Pros
Benefits, wages, good working family.
Area Sales Manager - International
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 19, 2014
I currently manage sales for industrial and portable compressors for Central America, Caribbean, and Venezuela. It is an interesting area with considerable business potential. The challenge is finding a committed channel partner that is creditworthy and will allocate resources to generating business. It can be a trying experience to maintain distributor sales staff to remain focused on promoting items that may take a year to sell. The hardest part of the job is to maintain distributors aligned with company goals. There is considerable cultural gap and impacts business practices.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendships developed over time and overall cultural enrichment. I have lived and worked in the region.
Pros
Exposure to virtually all industrial profiles, direct contact with end-users
Cons
Cultural gap, company leadership
Sullair was a good place to work with great benefits but this has changed since it was sold about two years ago.
QA Inspector (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INOctober 18, 2014
Good co-workers.
Plenty to do.
Enjoyable to find the root cause of problems and resolve them.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Job duties are constantly changing.
Companies future is questionable at best.
Customer Service II (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INOctober 1, 2014
Insecure management is steering the company right where the investment companies that currently own it want it to be. The employees suspect the company will be sold piece by piece. Those who are close to retirement are staying under the radar so they can reach retirement without being fired. Others are searching for other jobs. Stay away from this company.
Pros
Good pay for the office.
Cons
Management and no future.
sullair - misrepresentation of position
Sr. Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INSeptember 24, 2014
All I will say...is that my mother told me if you have nothing nice to say; don't say anything at all.
Pros
assumed stability
Cons
company misrepresented what the engineer would be doing
Family Atmosphere
Material Handler / Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJuly 23, 2014
No matter how many hours you were away from home you felt like you were home. I learned that you don't take safety for granted. Our management team really cared about us as a whole. My co-workers became family. The hardest part of the job was making sure that when you trained another co-worker that they worked to their full ability. The things I enjoyed the most was meeting our goals by the end of the day.
Great job
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INDecember 12, 2013
Very busy as soon as you walk in the door, very fast-paced.
Learned how to receive in material in a timely manner, worked with vendors and the Purchasing group, Customer Service was always a plus.
Management and my co-workers was great we was all like family.
The hardest part of the job was being able make everybody happy.
The people that I worked was the most enjoyable, they were fantastic.
Pros
The great benefits, and the rewards we received when doing a great job.
Cons
When we got on the time clock.
Clean environment
Large & Small Assembler (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INNovember 13, 2013
I enjoyed the clean environment and working hard to get the products out to the customers.
Fast paced assembly line work.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJuly 28, 2013
I enjoyed working the long-fast paced hours.
I became very familiar with the use of power and pnuematic tools.
For the most part the management team was average.
My co-workers were great!
Dealing with certain management.
The fast pace and benefits.
Pros
Convenient work location.
Cons
The short lunch breaks.