Sullivan's Steakhouse

Sullivan's Steakhouse Employee Reviews in United States

Productive workplace with good pay.
Server (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 7, 2016
Coworkers nice. Customers generous on tipping. Hardest part of the job is a lot of sidework! Management could use improvement.
Pros
Free meals provided. Good tips.
Cons
Breaks scarce. Management
Great company, great employees, tough customers
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 6, 2016
Apple is a great company to work for, the benefits are amazing from the discounts to the insurance. Also the people you work with are really better then any one could ask for. You have the ability to build amazing relationships. The tough side is the demand from the customer.
Fun crew and great training
Fine Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 26, 2016
I helped open this restaurant when it first opened in Seattle. I really enjoyed the upscale atmosphere.The food was excellent and they really took pride in the final product.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Took a while to get business coming in
Cool place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 20, 2016
Great food, reliable and consistent clientele. Coworkers are fun and friendly. Nice place to work and make a few friends
Slow paced fine dining in downtown Chicago
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2016
This was my first management job outside of college. I was able to manage in many areas included front office and payroll as well as assistant manager. I gained a lot of experience working with the general public, managing expenses and people.
Fast pace fine dining
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton RougeOctober 15, 2015
The restaurant and concept has a great atmosphere and a great selling culture. Some of there processes are out dated however it seems to work well. They also have a great culture of Hospitality.
Raleigh's Fine Dining at Its Best
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 14, 2015
Your typical fine dining restaurant with pretentious and needy guests, uptight management, the strange and irrational politics only existent in the service industry. Interesting and diverse employee pool, but surprisingly handful of diamonds in the rough.
Server
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 6, 2015
I tried to give this restaurant only one star. I hope they have got this place turned around by now. I was very disappointed with the corporate oversight and the in house management.
Fast paced with great food
Lead Host and Employee Trainer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 3, 2015
There was never a dull moment. Multitasking at its finest, keeping a positive attitude, being professional and courteous were key.
Fun bar environment with excellent food and service
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 1, 2015
Fun place to cocktail and interact with customers. Excellent food and service. Good managers. Late night hours. Not much room for growth
Server/Bartender/Trainer
Trainer, Bartender, Server (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 30, 2015
I was responsibly for serving, bartending, and training. I took care of my guests and made sure their dining experience was optimal. I learned a lot about steak, wine/liquor, customer service, supervising, working as a team, multitasking, etc. The hardest part of the job was the inconsistent pay. The most enjoyable part was the regulars I acquired and the relationships I formed with them.
upclass steakhouse where advancement was based on who you know
DMO/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 20, 2015
typical day consisted of over seeing co-working DMOs that spoke very little English. I speak a little Spanish, but not enough to explain things, so i would have to show them to explain fully. I would help out with DMO responsibilities when business picked up. I would also act as a prep cook, due to previous experience, and close down the DMO section at the end of the night. I was ask to over see the DMO section due to my outstanding organization skills. Line cook positions opened and I was over looked and told I was not being offered the position because I was to valuable in my current position. I was denied opportunities to excel in other positions because I was too good at my current position.
Pros
free lunch every day, very easy job
Cons
it's not whatyou know, its who you know
Sullivan's has a fun work environment.
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSJuly 8, 2015
I enjoy working at Sullivan's and like to spend time with coworkers. It is a fun place to make money. My favorite job is to work in cocktail but I also like to serve and bartend.
Sullivan's
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 8, 2015
Not a welcoming environment for new people at first but gets better over time. The management team is very professional and helpful.
Pros
location
Cons
inconsistent hours
Good food, good music and co workers
Kitchen Mgr (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMarch 11, 2015
Really enjoyed working at Sullivan's Steakhouse. Everyone from the owners to the dishwasher has been nothing but kind to me.
Pros
free peanuts
Cons
no direct deposit
Corporate Workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 5, 2014
You are just a number, way too corporate. GM only cared about the bottom line, not the employees. The money was decent though. Co-workers were great. You just didn't get compensated properly for all parts of the jobs which you have to do. The job wasn't too difficult, just serving steak and potatoes to guests.
Decent Steakhouse
Admin (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 6, 2014
I really enjoyed the work I did at Sullivan's, I cant say I enjoyed the working environment. The office was very small with two computers, and shared between 3-5 people in a day. I at times would get bumped off the computer and 98% of my work was done on the computer. I would start my day off doing employee payroll, depending on how busy the night was before it would take me anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour. After payroll I check emails and take care of any small duties before I start inputting vendor invoices. We had invoices from liquor companies, beer companies, meat, seafood, produce, just to name a few. All Invoices needed to be put in correctly for all inventory to be accounted for. I did the daily deposit and went to the bank. Management was not management I would not want to have again. Most of my co-workers were pleasant.
Cons
not always fed having to pay for own parking
Fun but no money
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2014
Procedures do not make sense, made very little money. A fun place to work if you want a little extra cash but not to support yourself or a family.
Only busy during the fall.
Server (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 8, 2014
A typical day at work is setting up for the shift and then waiting at least a few hours before I get a table. I have learned that this is a good job until I can get a job in my career field. The GM is an amazing manager and I wish the rest of management was the same. My co-workers are great team players and are willing to help at any point. The hardest part of my job is working really hard and not making the amount of money I deserve. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I serve guests that know how to tip.
Pros
every day we are given a "family meal" which means the kitchen makes us breakfast and dinner.
Cons
the money is definitely not consistent.
Very well run company...amazing food
Executive Chef - (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 23, 2014
typical day consists of running entire shift from start to finish. responsible for all BOH operations in P&L environment

Sullivan's Steakhouse Reviews by Location