Sullivan's Steakhouse

Sullivan's Steakhouse Employer Reviews

Very well run company...amazing food
Executive Chef - (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKJune 23, 2014
typical day consists of running entire shift from start to finish. responsible for all BOH operations in P&L environment
Excellent company low covers
Server (Current Employee), HoustonMarch 18, 2014
Pros: increased wine knowledge
Cons: low covers
Have extreme attention to detail throughout guest experience
Use continuing wine knowledge to ensure guest get the best pairing with their entrée
Be a team player 100 percent of the time
Work large parties in formats up 120 people
Captain parties
Headwaiter
High wines sales and specialty cocktail
Far exceed expectations daily
General Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: mangement loves to teach
Cons: demanding work schedule
Run overall operations
Everything about the restaurant business
Management was great
Making people happy
Productive and fun workplace
Server/Server Trainer (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 19, 2013
• Sales and cash management
• Developed and facilitated training programs to improve both organization’s and individual’s needs of each employee
• Regularly assessed and evaluated job performance and productivity of staff members
• Maintained constant coordination with managers and other senior executives to identify and fulfill training and development – more... needs
• Cultivated and maintained constant coordination with all personnel to ensure compliance with established rules, policies, and standards – less
Productive and always busy work enviroment
Service Assistant/Training Manager (Current Employee), Wilmington, DENovember 16, 2013
Pros: free healthcare after 2 years employment, great oppurtunity for advancement, great coworkers, great training program
Cons: long days and hours
A typical day could change at any minute. Everyday there are different situations to manage. I manage over 30 employees and also must take care of the guests. Doing inventory, planning private parties, and getting all my paperwork and scheduling done as well. I've learned excellent managing skills and abilities to lead and train others.
Intense and fast-paced work environment at fine dining restaurant with great staff
LEAD HOST (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 8, 2013
Because of the high turnaround with managers at my location we didn't have solid leadership, but the staff was always dependable—we practically ran the place ourselves. Employees were great, learned a lot about a lot, and usually had a great time providing guests with awesome experiences.
suggestive selling of expensive wines and food as well as showing a great deal of hospitality
Server, Head Trainer, Wine Sommelier (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 30, 2013
Pros: lots of mentoring, coaching, and training
Cons: not the ideal business for a career
• As head trainer, I was responsible for teaching new employees steps of service, wine and liquor education, and ensuring they provided exceptional hospitality to our guests.
• Successfully achieved sales targets above and beyond expectations.
• Gained extraordinary experience in customer service and hospitality as well as engaging in teamwork.
Awards – more... Received:
• Recognized multiple times as employee the month; obtained top wine and dining sales. – less
Review Summary
Restaurant Administrator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 27, 2013
Pros: free lunches, fun people - employees and guests
Cons: hourly, i leave when i'm finished, no growth
Flexible hours, great management team, love the servers I work with.

A typical day at work is when I get in I check the labor and plug in the tips made by each server, bartender, and hostess on an excel spreadsheet. I process food, liquor, wine invoices daily, I count the safe and deposits, I make the deposit daily, I do more invoices when I get back – more... from the bank , which is usually after 12, I eat lunch, I order office supplies or marketing supplies, I organize the supplies, I go home. – less
Great team that works together to go above and beyond for our guests in a high paced dining establishment.
Server (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 23, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great co-workers
Cons: two-inch heels on a busy saturday night
We begin our evening with our family meal in which we all gather together and discuss what may or may not be working for our guest's experiences.
I have learned how to work within a powerful, cohesive team to better serve our guests and ensure that they have a positively memorable evening.
Our management staff is a strong unit that works well together – more... in and out of the office.
My co-workers are more like a second family.
The hardest part of the job is when we come across a situation that causes a glitch in our chain of activity, and our guests end up with a less than amazing experience.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the high energy, positive environment I get to work in where I have daily opportunities to meet interesting people and share in their celebrations. – less
Delicious
Busboy (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 16, 2013
Great atmosphere and working environment. Good pay for a restaurant at any level.
A great place to make great money.
Server (Former Employee), Leawood, KSMarch 27, 2013
I learned a lot about pairing wine with cuisine. I appreciated the continuing education that was required of us. The location was outstanding. Unfortunately it was very clique-ish.
Nice job for both the studying student and professional server
Server (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 25, 2013
Good place to work for both students and full time servers, great environment and company. Teamwork is a major part; provides a basis for how things should be done while encouraging that you bring yourself into your work.
Upper management very difficult
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Leawood KansasFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: employees
Cons: upper management
Equipment always breaking because bought used when opened. Employees great corporate not so great
Fun workplace
Trainer (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2013
Fun place to work. Advancement is easy if you work hard. Effort and great sales are rewarded.
late night job
Server's Assistance/Busser (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKFebruary 9, 2013
Management was poor, other employees not focused on job, worked late nights always.
Average $100 a night
Server (Former Employee), IndianapolisJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: horrible management selection and advancement system
Great place to work at, friendly faces and great customers!
Fun work place and great co-workers
Bartender (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 21, 2012
Pros: i only work the weekends, i love my co-workers, and i make decent money
Cons: i work until 3:00am, and i drive 45 minutes to work
I love my job, but I am ready to begin a new carreer that is not in the service industry.
Good job for immigrants
Hostess (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 17, 2012
Pros: experience
Cons: management
As an immigrant, the possibilities are limited. Therefore this position was a good start in gaining work experience. The management was my list favorite part. The management personal was very exigent, yet disrespectful in many ways.
Overall, the cultural diversity amongst co-workers was the most enjoyable part of the job.
productive and fun
Sauté Cook/Meat Cutter (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PANovember 7, 2012
Pros: always have specials
Cons: short breaks
Everything about sullivans steakhouse was great my co-workers and management was also great.
Great money with little security.
Server (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 5, 2012
Pros: great money, friendly staff
Cons: no job security, little room for growth
Sullivan's provides great benefits for servers including 401K. The staff provide a warm and friendly environment however the management is over-worked and constantly stressed. They are overly negative using passive-aggressive threats to promote their agendas. There was little room for growth however the money was above and beyond any other restaurant – more... in the area.
As a closing server, a typical day of work for me involved assigning closing side work to fellow employees, assuring completion of running side work by all employees, taking care of my section and all closing tables, assuring completion of all closing side work, returning the restaurant to an inspect-able condition, and reporting to the closing manager.
The hardest part of the job was going to work every day with no guarantee to how much money I would make. There is very little financial security in the service industry.
The most enjoyable part of the night was taking care of my guests. I took pride in trying to make every guest experience a memorable one. Sullivan's is a very expensive restaurant. Many of our guests only visited to celebrate a special occasion such as anniversaries, birthdays, graduations, etc. I would go above and beyond to make sure that were satisfied in all facets of their experience. – less