Sullivan & Cromwell LLP

Sullivan & Cromwell LLP Employer Reviews

great experience
Office Clerk & Receptionist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches. great bonus
Cons: no advancement
I was not very happy with the management. co-workers were pleasant to work with . the hardest part of the job was to please the administrator
Partner Secretary (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 16, 2014
Great peers, good work environment, great benefits a good place to make long term business associations.

Nice staff benefits
Worked there 27 years! Learned and made a number of friends in the Legal world.
Asst Supervisor of Office Services (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: travel
Cons: long hours
Daily day included the shipping and receiving of all postal and courier parcels. The daily distribution and collection of the companies mail.
Supervisors taught me the proper use of all dept equipment ie. copiers,fax machine, postal meter, etc
Promoted later to Assistant Supervisor of Service Dept.
Promoted to Assistant Manager of Reproduction.
Hardest – more... part, long hours
Most enjoyable,,,Travel all over the country and some international travel for the firm, Met some prominent people. – less
Very productive environment
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2013
Pros: free lunch for about 8 years. cab home after 8:00 pm; great benefits
Cons: i really don't have any
I was with the Firm approximately 19 years. That speaks for itself.
I loved the job and the Company. Very diverse duties and was able to move up through the Firm
Busy and exciting environment. Permitted to lead and provide council to our team members.
Lead Operator (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2013
Pros: experienced supervisory rules and procedures, attended management training, worked with a wonderful staff
Cons: moved to the midnight shift for several years, and not able to attend all telecom meetings
Lead operator who started the midnight shift. Call center reports and reviews provided to management. Staff of ten operators who handled calls professionally, and in a timely manner. I was allowed the opportunity to implement the standard of operating the midnight staff and rules. The most difficult issues where the scheduling of staff during sicknesses – more... which I would work if there were no available operators. Management allowed me create schedules as needed and did not question my decisions in such matters. – less
Hands on Environment
Adm. Asst/Legal Asst. & Analyst Services (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 9, 2012
Pros: cafeteria, back-up child care, convenience store and coffee shop on site
Cons: free coffee isn't so great
You are always useful to the firms growth. You learn new things and build on your talents. This is the most enjoyable part of working here because you feel like you distribute to the firm no matter how small your tasks. There are always new workshops to help you develop yourself as an employee and an individual.

A typical day at work for me is helping – more... manage a few hundred Legal Assistants and Analyst from lateness' to days out of the office and running reports. Sometimes I work alone for most days and sometimes I interact with the managers of the department to discuss various things. It's an easy work environment and can sometimes be demanding but exciting. Management is easy to work with and talk to as well as my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is covering for other people when your swamped. Mostly while co-workers are on vacation. However it always seems to work out and everyone usually pitches in to help out with the work load. Great team work.

I have mostly learned how to help manage a large group of individuals as well as coming up with new ways to improve the department on a larger scale. Two things that I was unfamilar with in the past. Previously I worked in smaller groups and was expected to keep my tasks close to protocol. Here I was able to improve by bringing in my knowledge and skills from previous jobs. This was also the first time I didn't work as closely with partners and lawyers and took on more managerial tasks as opposed to mainly assistant tasks. – less
retro
support staff (Former Employee), DCFebruary 24, 2012
Pros: bonus, paid time off.
Cons: poor at promoting, backward technology for support staff, tolerance of abuse.
feudalism incarnate. the partners are considered "gods" and woe be unto those who don't act accordingly: bullying, disapproving head-to-toe glances, brusqueness and public humiliation await those who show even the slightest benign advances by action or suggestion, no matter how well-intentioned.
Professional atmosphere
New York, NY (Former Employee), Office CoordinatorNovember 9, 2011
Pros: benefits
Was the best job and company I ever had the pleasure to work for.