Sullivan University Employee Reviews

Like Family
Steward (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 19, 2017
That's what sullivan was like. However everyday of work someone would be slacking and no one would scold them or fire them. It's an embarassment to the work force.
Pros
free meals
Cons
few benifits and low pay
Productive and great work enivornment
Clerical duties (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 18, 2017
The staff at Sullivan university is so friendly and efficient.

Everyone is so helpful and willing to make sure that you have the necessary essentials to get your job done. Working there is one of my favorite memories, for that I got to see what every aspect that a employee does to ensure that a student has all that they need for classes; scheduling, ways to be involved with peers or for when they need extra help,(tutoring) and also help with job searches.
Nice place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 30, 2016
I have worked here for almost a year now and enjoy it. Most days are a steady pace, people and staff are friendly, and they all work as a team.
Great Place To Teach
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 23, 2016
I've enjoyed working here over the past couple of years, and have learned a lot about student engagement and my students have taught me a lot about the other side of what I do, both as an instructor and as an HR professional.
Great people in a great environment
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE CEO (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 21, 2016
My typical day at Sullivan revolves heavily around my email. Most communication is done through Outlook and I handle calendar requests and help from my supervisors, fellow staff, students, and external constituents.

I enjoy being in the administrative office because there is a lot of traffic flow and I have the opportunity to see a lot of my coworkers and know them on a first name basis. I think it is important to greet everyone with a smile and know their names, from the CEO to the janitorial staff. Everyone wants to be respected, to feel that they matter and it helps them do a better job and take pride in their work.

I've learned to look ahead to what's coming up next, to anticipate what needs to be done and when. My personal management comes down to doing things quickly but thoroughly, to proofread before sending things out, and to prioritize tasks. I keep a running list of what needs to be done and categorize it by what is most important, what can wait, and what can be delegated.

The most enjoyable part of the job getting to know all the people at Sullivan. The culture there is focused on the employee with being voted one of the Best Places to Work for 3 years in a row.
Pros
Wellness Rewards
Great place to work, great people, great job satisfaction!
Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 13, 2016
Although it does require long hours at times, knowing that I am helping prospective students a chance to better their lives with a degree that "works" makes it all worth it. Management is supportive and works hard to make sure we have what we need to do our job effectively. The culture of the office is fantastic! My coworkers are awesome. We are a real family. Even when things get stressful, it is good to know that there are people you can go to that understand and are there to help share the load and give an encouraging word.
Pros
Salary, Educational Benefits
Cons
Stress, Communication between departments at times
Very Educational
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 5, 2016
A day at Sullivan University is cheerful and fun. Nice and clean facility, safe environment as well. If there was ever a problem was no hesitation to talk to management very open and understanding. Within no time the problem was solved. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unpleasant customers. Most enjoyable was the job in general.
Pros
Free chef cooked meals
Cons
short breaks
Work Hard/Play Hard
Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 27, 2015
I love my job! All day I get to talk with people and find out about their goals and dreams, as well as take time to listen about their lives and what they are missing. Then I help them see how Sullivan can be a great solution to help them get to where they want to go. With a variety of degree programs and a lot of flexibility (day/evening/online classes), they offer solutions which are a good fit for a lot of people! The management is focused on helping employees get better everyday. There are some negative people, but they are typically your underperformers and people who don't want to work hard. For the most part, it's an awesome culture: one focused on helping people, reaching goals, and celebrating when we get there! They offer lots of training opportunities, including Dale Carnegie courses and free education after a year of employment. There's a reason why Sullivan has been selected Best Places to Work in Kentucky for two consecutive years!
Pros
Student-centered culture, training/advancement opportunities
Cons
Hourly position, OT is limited sometimes
quiet workplace
Housekeeper/janitoril (Current Employee) –  3101 Bardstown RdNovember 5, 2015
a typical night details getting cleaning supplies together for the start of the night to clean. I work with one other person who handles the second floor while I handle the first floor, there's nothing hard about the job. I enjoy it very much because I work alone I can move in my own paste and I don't have anyone hovering over me.
Pros
there's no set time cleaning has to be completed within the night
Professional and Fun Enivornement
Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 22, 2015
Great opportunity to use all skill sets and cross train in other departments. Constant training and company wide trainings
To work here, be satisfied with tricking students into debt
Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 4, 2015
Your typical day consist of cold-calling students. You're expected to make 150-200 calls per week plus emails and text messages. It is a sales position masked as a position in which you will help students. You are expected to meet weekly goals, and if you don't meet those goals you will be fired for "not following the admissions process". Normal goals might be Set 16 appointment, See 8 appointments, and enroll 4 students. They are always hiring admissions officers because they lose about 1 per month. They will tell you "one late night per week and one Saturday per month" until you don't meet your sales goals and get put on mandatory Saturdays.
Pros
Occasional free food, fun coworkers
Cons
Nights, Weekends, No advancement, Poor Health Insurance, Awful upper management.
Wonderful Staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington KyAugust 13, 2015
Sullivan is a wonderful, state of the art, educational institute. Their staff is very friendly and always happy to help students. It is very gratifying to see students succeed and knowing that you had a part in that success.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone...
ADMISSIONS OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 6, 2015
It started out really great, everyone is really nice. Coworkers are very helpful and look out for each other, found out why later on. Goals were so unattainable, honestly they were laughable. Management micromanages everyone to death, even the people who hit their goals. Each department is their own separate island, in the end I would rather beat my own head into a brick wall than try to work with another department they were all on some power trip that they could say no... It was exhausting, I hated waking up every morning to go to work.
Pros
Co-workers in department are really awesome people
Cons
Everything but the co-workers...
Just Started Working
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 31, 2015
This has been a enjoyable learning experience for me. It has its challenges as I was assigned the class a day before it began.
Stressful place to work
Admissions rep (Former Employee) –  Lexington KYMay 5, 2015
This was a job that started out promising and then quickly went down hill. The faculty is great, but the management was terrible. The programs are way overpriced and they market to the poorest region of the state. It was a hard sell with absurd pressure from a first time manager. Most reps have a shelf life of 1.5 -2 years before you are "coached out".
Pros
The faculty and most of the leadership excluding Admissions
Cons
Hard sell. Overpriced, Poor admissions managemnet
I enjoy working as a tutor
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 21, 2015
There aren't very many students who come to the tutoring center in search of help. Sometimes the students who do come in looking for help only expect you to do their work for them which is frustrating.
Great co-workers and strong team ethics
Student Support Admissions (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 12, 2015
They have a great focus on team ethics and team building values with employees very kind and helpful to one another. The job does get difficult during registration periods.
Fun and exciting
Admissions Sales Representative, Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 22, 2015
As a college student, the College Heights Herald at Western Kentucky University was a great opportunity for me to learn and grow as a sales professional. They provide superior guidance to their sales team and challenge everyone to be the best representative of the organization.
Making a difference
Student in BSN Program (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 31, 2014
Each opportunity opened new doors. Going from the burn unit to the birthing center brought health care into a broad arena. Learning new techniques is always on the agenda.
Professional setting providing customer service to the student body.
Financial Planning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 11, 2014
While working as a Financial Planning Coordinator, daily responsibilities include meeting with prospective students; counseling them on financial options and student borrower responsibilities. Administrative responsibilities include reporting, acquiring necessary federal and institutional documentation, and maintaining accurate student files.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sullivan University. Our community is ready to answer.

Sullivan University Reviews by Location