Sullivan University Employee Reviews in United States

Very Educational
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 5, 2016
A day at Sullivan University is cheerful and fun. Nice and clean facility, safe environment as well. If there was ever a problem was no hesitation to talk to management very open and understanding. Within no time the problem was solved. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unpleasant customers. Most enjoyable was the job in general.
Pros
Free chef cooked meals
Cons
short breaks
quiet workplace
Housekeeper/janitoril (Current Employee) –  3101 Bardstown RdNovember 5, 2015
a typical night details getting cleaning supplies together for the start of the night to clean. I work with one other person who handles the second floor while I handle the first floor, there's nothing hard about the job. I enjoy it very much because I work alone I can move in my own paste and I don't have anyone hovering over me.
Pros
there's no set time cleaning has to be completed within the night
Work Hard/Play Hard
Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 27, 2015
I love my job! All day I get to talk with people and find out about their goals and dreams, as well as take time to listen about their lives and what they are missing. Then I help them see how Sullivan can be a great solution to help them get to where they want to go. With a variety of degree programs and a lot of flexibility (day/evening/online classes), they offer solutions which are a good fit for a lot of people! The management is focused on helping employees get better everyday. There are some negative people, but they are typically your underperformers and people who don't want to work hard. For the most part, it's an awesome culture: one focused on helping people, reaching goals, and celebrating when we get there! They offer lots of training opportunities, including Dale Carnegie courses and free education after a year of employment. There's a reason why Sullivan has been selected Best Places to Work in Kentucky for two consecutive years!
Pros
Student-centered culture, training/advancement opportunities
Cons
Hourly position, OT is limited sometimes
To work here, be satisfied with tricking students into debt
Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 4, 2015
Your typical day consist of cold-calling students. You're expected to make 150-200 calls per week plus emails and text messages. It is a sales position masked as a position in which you will help students. You are expected to meet weekly goals, and if you don't meet those goals you will be fired for "not following the admissions process". Normal goals might be Set 16 appointment, See 8 appointments, and enroll 4 students. They are always hiring admissions officers because they lose about 1 per month. They will tell you "one late night per week and one Saturday per month" until you don't meet your sales goals and get put on mandatory Saturdays.
Pros
Occasional free food, fun coworkers
Cons
Nights, Weekends, No advancement, Poor Health Insurance, Awful upper management.
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone...
ADMISSIONS OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 6, 2015
It started out really great, everyone is really nice. Coworkers are very helpful and look out for each other, found out why later on. Goals were so unattainable, honestly they were laughable. Management micromanages everyone to death, even the people who hit their goals. Each department is their own separate island, in the end I would rather beat my own head into a brick wall than try to work with another department they were all on some power trip that they could say no... It was exhausting, I hated waking up every morning to go to work.
Pros
Co-workers in department are really awesome people
Cons
Everything but the co-workers...
Wonderful Staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington KyAugust 13, 2015
Sullivan is a wonderful, state of the art, educational institute. Their staff is very friendly and always happy to help students. It is very gratifying to see students succeed and knowing that you had a part in that success.
Pros
Great environment
Stressful place to work
Admissions rep (Former Employee) –  Lexington KYMay 5, 2015
This was a job that started out promising and then quickly went down hill. The faculty is great, but the management was terrible. The programs are way overpriced and they market to the poorest region of the state. It was a hard sell with absurd pressure from a first time manager. Most reps have a shelf life of 1.5 -2 years before you are "coached out".
Pros
The faculty and most of the leadership excluding Admissions
Cons
Hard sell. Overpriced, Poor admissions managemnet
Fun and exciting
Admissions Sales Representative, Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 22, 2015
As a college student, the College Heights Herald at Western Kentucky University was a great opportunity for me to learn and grow as a sales professional. They provide superior guidance to their sales team and challenge everyone to be the best representative of the organization.
Great co-workers and strong team ethics
Student Support Admissions (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 12, 2015
They have a great focus on team ethics and team building values with employees very kind and helpful to one another. The job does get difficult during registration periods.
I enjoy working as a tutor
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 21, 2015
There aren't very many students who come to the tutoring center in search of help. Sometimes the students who do come in looking for help only expect you to do their work for them which is frustrating.
Professional setting providing customer service to the student body.
Financial Planning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 11, 2014
While working as a Financial Planning Coordinator, daily responsibilities include meeting with prospective students; counseling them on financial options and student borrower responsibilities. Administrative responsibilities include reporting, acquiring necessary federal and institutional documentation, and maintaining accurate student files.
Just Started Working
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 31, 2015
This has been a enjoyable learning experience for me. It has its challenges as I was assigned the class a day before it began.
Technical Sales Representative
Admissions Officer Inside/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 2, 2014
Established business to business relationships with Technology Departmental Heads such
as Managers, CIO’s and CEO’s to promote Netsysco’s Technical Training Products
Made Outbound calls Selling Continued Education regarding Enterprise Linux, HP-Unix, Oracle,
Microsoft, MC Service Guard, Shell and Perl Scripting products to companies nationwide.
Coordinated Student’s Airline Schedules and Hotel Accommodations
Pros
awesome environment, ability to network with employers nationally
Cons
company closed due to bankruptcy
Not a good place to work
corporate drone (Former Employee) –  LouisvilleJune 2, 2012
Sullivan University System has a dysfunctional management structure and a culture of fear among its employees. You will be expected to do a lot of work for pay for low pay. The place makes a lot of money, but it's going to the owners, not the employees. Expect to be a "yes" person; your opinion will not be valued or wanted. If you decide work here, go for the experience or because you need a job, but plan to get out. The only area I've seen with a somewhat different vibe is the College of Pharmacy.
Pros
decent location
Cons
poor benefits, poor management, fearful employees, low pay
Who I'm
Teachers Asst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 18, 2012
A typical day at work is helping out the instructors with students cooking in a controlled setting. I learn something everyday, which I would like to continue to do througout my life. I have fun working with the management at my jobs, As well as when I'm managing to keep morale a float. Thepeople I work wit are down toearth but focus driven, and love to teach and share knowledge. the hardest part is keeping the balance of emotional feelings when you've said the same thing over and over and over. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfacton you feel when food is being presented and the food looks and taste great!
Pros
free lunch, hands on, different everyday, wonderful experiences
Cons
mandatory 30 min breaks, little hours, no benefits, low pay
Poor Management
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 18, 2012
The benefits are horrible. I was paying over $500 a month for a family plan and it didn't cover anything. Management is arrogant and scared to council you on your performance. You don't get any feedback and it takes weeks to hear back on recomendations if you hear anything at all. The pay was decent and work life balance was ok. However, because of the management, I would not recomend working for this company.
Not well organized
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 9, 2013
Work space way too small. It was like being back in high school, if you have ever watched the movie Mean Girls this would be the real life event, have to be accepted socially to get ahead.

Lacks in communication between departments. Change over very high.

There is growth within the company but its who you know whether or not you get there.
Pros
free education
Cons
no good leadership, would not recommend for anyone over thirty.
Avoid
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  SullivanJanuary 27, 2014
Low pay, terrible benefits, no opportunity for advancement, absolutely no training or staff development. Lack of integriy throughout much of the institution. If you are a family member or friend of administration, you will probably get ahead whether or not you deserve it---otherwise, probably not.
Pros
free education
Cons
management some of the worst i have ever seen--from the top down.
Making a difference
Student in BSN Program (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 31, 2014
Each opportunity opened new doors. Going from the burn unit to the birthing center brought health care into a broad arena. Learning new techniques is always on the agenda.
High turnover within fp dept.
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 20, 2014
CONS: healthcare, high turnover rate, management, required to work Saturdays, not centralized (yet), not a team environment.
Pros
free education after 1 year of employment
Cons
healthcare, turnover rate, management, required to work saturdays, not centalized (yet), not a team environment.