Sullivan University Employee Reviews

A good place to work
Associate Online Dean/Professor (Former Employee) –  Covington, Ft. Knox, Lexington or Louisville, KYJanuary 10, 2018
The university is a good place for someone starting out to learn the workings of having a demanding and an important job. The right personality can be very happy at the organization and many may find it to clannish for their tastes.
Pros
the culinary program
Cons
You have to get used to operating on a quarterly system as opposed to semesters.
Enjoying working with new students each day.
Regional Director Of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 31, 2017
Traveling to different schools in 2 states to make Culinary
presentations to students that were looking for future
employment. Helping the students change into a new
career and seeing them through to graduate and have
a job waiting just for the students.
Pros
Having celebrity Chefs showing their skills.
Cons
Being away from home 5 days each week.
stressful
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 28, 2017
a Great Place to work and had a great attitude toward students and education. Presently new management enforced and better avenues in packaging students financial needs
Pros
free education and degree program for em[ployees
Cons
stressful and deadlines for findinf funding for students
laid back environment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 27, 2017
My night start with clean the facilities and offices including the floors and hallways. what I learned how to use a carpet cleaner. Learned how to properly maintain hard floors. Management is understanding and helpful. Culture is laid back. Hardest part was making sure all tasks are completed in a timely manner. Making lasting memories.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
lack of benefits
Relaxed atmosphere, friendly staff, eager to help.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 15, 2017
The administrative office and professors are very professional and knowledgeable of their duties. It is an awesome school and workplace. The staff will give individuals the one on one treated as needed for that individual to achieve their goals.
Pros
It is a great learning institution
fast paced
Admissions Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 5, 2017
lots of phone calls (cold calling), students can be hard to work with but some are great, needs better benefits packages that people can survive on with the salary they offer
Pros
training
benefits
Part time online instructor
Online Instructor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40205August 31, 2017
Taught classes online. Great culture. Lots of supervisor support. Wonderful people to work with. Everything was prepared and ready to work with. Good place to work.
academics
Major Business Management /Marketing (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 7, 2017
working full time , going to school full time and taking care of a family Sullivan was the right fit for me goals. Enjoyed my teachers and classmates.
good
Cons
I loved the workplace environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 23, 2017
Working as a work study student allowed me to obtain the knowledge and skill set to advance my future endeavors. Sullivan University Academic Services provided me the tools to grow in the office administration workplace environment.
I learned so much
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 28, 2017
The best thing about working here was that I had so many great minds to work and talk with about my ideas. I had access to so much equipment and ingredients I would have not been able to work with.
Sullivan University was a very good experience.
Assistant Professor of English (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 25, 2017
Working at Sullivan was an excellent growth experience because the University was aware of what it took to maintain certification and actively innovated programs to improve its place in academia. The faculty was intellectually stimulating and the support staff was always willing to help. I was also given the opportunity to attend writing conferences and develop assessment programs in educational relevance.
Pros
see above
Cons
Unfortunately, the number and quality of students diminished as the economy slackened, and all programs were cut back.
Like Family
Steward (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 19, 2017
That's what sullivan was like. However everyday of work someone would be slacking and no one would scold them or fire them. It's an embarassment to the work force.
Pros
free meals
Cons
few benifits and low pay
Productive and great work enivornment
Clerical duties (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 18, 2017
The staff at Sullivan university is so friendly and efficient.

Everyone is so helpful and willing to make sure that you have the necessary essentials to get your job done. Working there is one of my favorite memories, for that I got to see what every aspect that a employee does to ensure that a student has all that they need for classes; scheduling, ways to be involved with peers or for when they need extra help,(tutoring) and also help with job searches.
Private University whose main focus is profit
Admissions Officer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 18, 2017
My entire day was spent interviewing and enrolling students. I was responsible for scheduling the interview, meeting with the student and parents, touring the campus, explaining the programs, explaining financial planning, and enrolling student
Pros
Salary and hours were great
Cons
Management is horrible
Nice place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 30, 2016
I have worked here for almost a year now and enjoy it. Most days are a steady pace, people and staff are friendly, and they all work as a team.
Great Place To Teach
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 23, 2016
I've enjoyed working here over the past couple of years, and have learned a lot about student engagement and my students have taught me a lot about the other side of what I do, both as an instructor and as an HR professional.
Great people in a great environment
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE CEO (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 21, 2016
My typical day at Sullivan revolves heavily around my email. Most communication is done through Outlook and I handle calendar requests and help from my supervisors, fellow staff, students, and external constituents.

I enjoy being in the administrative office because there is a lot of traffic flow and I have the opportunity to see a lot of my coworkers and know them on a first name basis. I think it is important to greet everyone with a smile and know their names, from the CEO to the janitorial staff. Everyone wants to be respected, to feel that they matter and it helps them do a better job and take pride in their work.

I've learned to look ahead to what's coming up next, to anticipate what needs to be done and when. My personal management comes down to doing things quickly but thoroughly, to proofread before sending things out, and to prioritize tasks. I keep a running list of what needs to be done and categorize it by what is most important, what can wait, and what can be delegated.

The most enjoyable part of the job getting to know all the people at Sullivan. The culture there is focused on the employee with being voted one of the Best Places to Work for 3 years in a row.
Pros
Wellness Rewards
Great place to work, great people, great job satisfaction!
Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 13, 2016
Although it does require long hours at times, knowing that I am helping prospective students a chance to better their lives with a degree that "works" makes it all worth it. Management is supportive and works hard to make sure we have what we need to do our job effectively. The culture of the office is fantastic! My coworkers are awesome. We are a real family. Even when things get stressful, it is good to know that there are people you can go to that understand and are there to help share the load and give an encouraging word.
Pros
Salary, Educational Benefits
Cons
Stress, Communication between departments at times
Very Educational
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 5, 2016
A day at Sullivan University is cheerful and fun. Nice and clean facility, safe environment as well. If there was ever a problem was no hesitation to talk to management very open and understanding. Within no time the problem was solved. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unpleasant customers. Most enjoyable was the job in general.
Pros
Free chef cooked meals
Cons
short breaks
Work Hard/Play Hard
Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 27, 2015
I love my job! All day I get to talk with people and find out about their goals and dreams, as well as take time to listen about their lives and what they are missing. Then I help them see how Sullivan can be a great solution to help them get to where they want to go. With a variety of degree programs and a lot of flexibility (day/evening/online classes), they offer solutions which are a good fit for a lot of people! The management is focused on helping employees get better everyday. There are some negative people, but they are typically your underperformers and people who don't want to work hard. For the most part, it's an awesome culture: one focused on helping people, reaching goals, and celebrating when we get there! They offer lots of training opportunities, including Dale Carnegie courses and free education after a year of employment. There's a reason why Sullivan has been selected Best Places to Work in Kentucky for two consecutive years!
Pros
Student-centered culture, training/advancement opportunities
Cons
Hourly position, OT is limited sometimes