Sullivan University

Sullivan University Employee Reviews

Just Started Working
Teacher (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 31, 2015
This has been a enjoyable learning experience for me. It has its challenges as I was assigned the class a day before it began.
Stressful place to work
Admissions rep (Former Employee), Lexington KYMay 5, 2015
Pros: The faculty and most of the leadership excluding Admissions
Cons: Hard sell. Overpriced, Poor admissions managemnet
This was a job that started out promising and then quickly went down hill. The faculty is great, but the management was terrible. The programs are way overpriced and they market to the poorest region of the state. It was a hard sell with absurd pressure from a first time manager. Most reps have a shelf life of 1.5 -2 years before you are "coached out".
I enjoy working as a tutor
Tutor (Current Employee), Lexington, KYApril 21, 2015
There aren't very many students who come to the tutoring center in search of help. Sometimes the students who do come in looking for help only expect you to do their work for them which is frustrating.
Great co-workers and strong team ethics
Student Support Admissions (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 12, 2015
They have a great focus on team ethics and team building values with employees very kind and helpful to one another. The job does get difficult during registration periods.
Fun and exciting
Admissions Sales Representative, Team Lead (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 22, 2015
As a college student, the College Heights Herald at Western Kentucky University was a great opportunity for me to learn and grow as a sales professional. They provide superior guidance to their sales team and challenge everyone to be the best representative of the organization.
Making a difference
Student in BSN Program (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 31, 2014
Each opportunity opened new doors. Going from the burn unit to the birthing center brought health care into a broad arena. Learning new techniques is always on the agenda.
Professional setting providing customer service to the student body.
Financial Planning Coordinator (Current Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 11, 2014
While working as a Financial Planning Coordinator, daily responsibilities include meeting with prospective students; counseling them on financial options and student borrower responsibilities. Administrative responsibilities include reporting, acquiring necessary federal and institutional documentation, and maintaining accurate student files.
Worked with graduates to obtain employment
Director of Career Services (Former Employee), Louisville, KySeptember 26, 2014
Work with multiple employers to aid graduates find employment opportunities.
Great customer service experience
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 25, 2014
It was great to be able to work as well as get my degree at Sullivan.
Sullivan University
Instructor (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 29, 2014
Pros: if you are a full time instructor, you get educational benefits, helping students in my profession acheive their goals is the best pro i have.
Cons: adjunct employees recieve no healthcare benefits, also when a program loses students, it must also lose instructors......
Sullivan commits itself to the success of each individual student. Small classes keeps everyone on a name basis with the instructor, and the instructor has more time to work with students

Diverse classes keeps the teaching styles new and up-to-date

A typical day at work: I come in and welcome students, most of the classes I teach are hands on, so I work with the students as they compound non-sterile products such as suppositories or lip balm. The next class is Sterile compounding and consists of the students making chemo and narcotic IV admixtures.

I typically don't see many of my co-workers as they are in class when I am in class, but I would say our group of instructors are very knowledgeable and love the work we do here at Sullivan.

The hardest part of the job is watching bright students struggle because of non-school related things in their lives.

The best thing about my job is when a student gets it, or when they completed the program and they get their first interview, or just when a student looks at me and says "I couldn't have done it without you, Ms. Glin."
High turnover within fp dept.
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 20, 2014
Pros: free education after 1 year of employment
Cons: healthcare, turnover rate, management, required to work saturdays, not centalized (yet), not a team environment.
CONS: healthcare, high turnover rate, management, required to work Saturdays, not centralized (yet), not a team environment.
Great School
Graduate School Liaison (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 3, 2014
Pros: tuition discount
Cons: poor benefits
Awesome working environment and great way to stay plugged in with the education world!
Technical Sales Representative
Admissions Officer Inside/Outside Sales (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 2, 2014
Pros: awesome environment, ability to network with employers nationally
Cons: company closed due to bankruptcy
Established business to business relationships with Technology Departmental Heads such
as Managers, CIO’s and CEO’s to promote Netsysco’s Technical Training Products
Made Outbound calls Selling Continued Education regarding Enterprise Linux, HP-Unix, Oracle,
Microsoft, MC Service Guard, Shell and Perl Scripting products to companies nationwide.
Coordinated Student’s Airline Schedules and Hotel Accommodations
Productive workplace
Financial Planning Director (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 22, 2014
Loved working for this college. Watched many students succeed here. Great management team in decision making.
Avoid
Anonymous (Current Employee), SullivanJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free education
Cons: management some of the worst i have ever seen--from the top down.
Low pay, terrible benefits, no opportunity for advancement, absolutely no training or staff development. Lack of integriy throughout much of the institution. If you are a family member or friend of administration, you will probably get ahead whether or not you deserve it---otherwise, probably not.
Janitoral
Janitorial (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 1, 2013
good place to work
nice coworkers and boss
janitorial work
flexiable
For Profit Education
Culinary Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 18, 2013
Very much a for-profit school, that often forgets who the student is.
Great place to learn
Employee (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2013
Great place to learn new skills/technologies and work on exciting projects. I'm not limited by specific job function which allows me to learn new skills all the time.
Not well organized
Data Entry (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 9, 2013
Pros: free education
Cons: no good leadership, would not recommend for anyone over thirty.
Work space way too small. It was like being back in high school, if you have ever watched the movie Mean Girls this would be the real life event, have to be accepted socially to get ahead.

Lacks in communication between departments. Change over very high.

There is growth within the company but its who you know whether or not you get there.
very intersting
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 8, 2013
Pros: 10%off your lunch, fresh air, nice people
Cons: alot of heavy lifting
A very good place to work for, good benefits.The work was hard but fair

Sullivan University Salaries