Benefits Administration & Technology Project Manager
At SullivanCurtisMonroe you’ll not only find a team of professionals who enjoy coming to work everyday, but also, thorough training for jobs at every level, opportunities to grow, competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package which includes limited educational reimbursement, a child care/dependant care voucher plan, and once qualified, a deferred medical reimbursement plan.
SCM was named One of Orange County's Best Companies to Work For by OC Metro!
Reports to Director of Benefits Administration and Technology Services
Essential Functions of Position:
- Under limited direction, the Benefits Administration and Technology Services Project Manager will be responsible for the success of the HR Technology & Benefits Administration Outsourcing Practice’s projects; overseeing and managing the client HR technology projects and the day-to-day administration of our client’s benefit programs.
- This role demands an attitude of service and an ability to communicate in a constructive, collaborative way with clients, vendors and co-workers who may or may not be well versed in technology. Project Managers will assist with software and service evaluations as well as Request for Proposals (RFPs), using templates, tools and industry best practices. They are expected to be proficient at researching data, organizing information and managing project communications. The ability to handle many projects at once while delivering excellent service is critical to this role. Creative thinking, excellent problem solving skills and a can-do attitude will be of great value. Experience with Payroll, HR and / or Benefits technologies is highly preferred.
- Manage client HR technology and outsourcing projects ensuring defined processes are followed.
- Develop strong knowledge of vendors and their solutions as well as the integration possibilities between technologies.
- Deliver support to vendors and clients on their use of SCM tools and technologies.
- Provide ongoing assistance during vendor selection or implementation oversight projects
- Develop clear understanding of client’s objectives and limitations related to human resources and benefits management solutions, i.e., benefits outsourcing, payroll, HRIS, enrollment system solutions, etc.
- Serve as client’s project manager / consultant providing direction and managing vendor selection and implementation projects.
- Assist clients and internal departments in streamlining or re-engineering processes to utilize new technologies.
- Assist in developing and implementing HR and benefit compliance solutions.
- Produce, manage, and coordinate the distribution of employer and employee communications.
- Manage, and perform duties necessary to service our client’s benefits administration projects.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures.
- Maintain employee benefit files in accordance with internal policies and procedures, and with appropriate requirements including ERISA, HIPAA, and DOL.
- Conduct peer review audits.
- Establish and maintain familiarity with provisions of existing as well as new federal and state laws to help determine impact to benefit plans and ensure compliance with COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, Section 125, PPACA regulations and other federal and state regulations.
- Successfully manage multiple and concurrent projects, priorities and tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Industry or technology certifications such as PHR, CEBS or CPP
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in benefits technology and / or HRIS.
- Experience in working with HR and Benefits outsourcing vendors on evaluating, selecting, and implementing technology solutions preferred.
- Experience in leading and managing groups of people in a project environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate project goals and objectives, project status and deliverables with team members, and management, including senior executives as needed.
- Professional experience and knowledge of Payroll, HR and/or Benefits procedures, business protocol and practices, web-based software applications, and systems integration.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to clearly document processes.
- Understands when circumstances require persuasion, conciliation, assertiveness, or other approaches and reacts appropriately.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and written.
- Ability to resolve critical project issues and find amiable solutions for all parties, protecting client’s interests and timelines.
- Strong time management, initiative and interpersonal skills necessary.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel. Strong experience with MS Project, Visio, Access, and PowerPoint preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel independently to client meetings as needed (projected travel 25-40%).
Position Type: Direct, Full-time
Compensation: Negotiable Bases on Experience
401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Long Term Disability, Paid Sick Leave and Paid Vacation
Indeed - 2 years ago