Sulzer Pumps

Sulzer Pumps Employer Reviews

It was a great job.
Machinist/ Pump Mechanic (Former Employee), Swedesboro, NJMay 25, 2014
Everyone was very nice, and the work environment was laid back, yet professional. I had to leave because i temporarily lost my drivers licence due to too many points but have since gotten it back.
Nothing to be here
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: you can fail all the way up the ladder.
Cons: you still fail.
Each person is different, my experience is thankful for the opportunity however, no future for machinists. If they could send your job to one of their overseas plants, they would and have tried many times. They deducted $100 for each recordable injury from our annual bonus check regardless if the injury was anywhere associated with your department or – more... team. Shop supervisor said maybe 5 words to me during my employment. Shift leaders with no people skills. Pay raise are 1-3% of hourly. Should of seen the smile of the guy who got an .11 cents raise. – less
Sulzer
Automated Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Easley, SCJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: teams, 4 day work week, good pay, good benefits
Cons: n/a
Most enjoyable to work as a team with other areas of manufacturing and improving the process.
Co-workers were hired as team members for their qualities and abilities and worked well together.
Great pay
Pipe Welder/Trainer (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 17, 2013
Good pay, Good hours and lots of overtime if you want, don't expect day shift ever.
Great Place to work, Flexible hours, OK benifits
Engineer (Current Employee), Houson, TXSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: flexible time, good managment, excellent safety
Cons: lower pay, benefits are nothing special, no pension
If you need family medical, it's going to cost you $600/mo with HSA

About 10% lower pay than companies around the area, but the work environment most definitely makes up for that.

Depends on the manager, but most managment make it a priority to make family first. So if you need to really take the day off because your family is sick, not a problem. – more... Flexible hours.

Workers are all pleasant and from around the world. – less
Just a so-so place to work for salaried engineering employees.
Nuclear Repair Coordinator/ Project Engineer (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 3, 2013
Work is not that interesting as this plant refurbishes rusty used fresh and salt water pumps for nuclear plants. Parent Swiss company is very stable and reliable but US plants operate sub-par in values and integrity. A staggering 50% turnover of both hourly and salaried workforce in 2 years explains why this plant cant seem to make much profit. Constant – more... training is a drain on productive workers. Mangement is root cause for this unacceptable turnover such as: Lack of recognition for expected uncompensated overtime. Not having regular performance reviews as required by company policies.
Constant management changes leading to changes in priorities and values. – less
It's a great place to work.
Service Center Administrator (Current Employee), Mobile, ALFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: catered lunches
Cons: low raise percentage
Everyone here is very personable. We are like family here. Everyone helps each other out.
job shop but good place to work
manufacturing planner/scheduler (Current Employee), Germiston, GPJuly 25, 2014
working at this company is good and you get to interact with many different kinds of people and customers both internal and external
Fun Workplace
Part-time Hygiene Technician (Former Employee), LeedsJanuary 29, 2014
Lovely place to work, very friendly co-workers and not too many hours per week so I could still focus on college work and do well in my A-levels
Exelent company with good benefits
Turner (Former Employee), ElandsfontienMarch 24, 2013
A exelent company, Family orientated, friendly staff
Enjoyed working there but the best time of the day will always be home time.
Inspector Estimator (Former Employee), Elandsfontein , GermistonDecember 23, 2012
Pros: teamwork
Cons: difficult clients.
My work was very involving, i would make decisions on how to repair mechanical equipment, discuss and agree on the options available with clients particularly from the mining sector i.e Driefonten mines and others, and then ultimately formulate the budget for tender purposes. I enjoyed my work thoroughly as it helped me to understand the business aspect – more... of my trade and taught me how best to interact with co-workers. The hardest part was when i had to deal with difficult clients but i learnt that i needed to prepare thoroughly before presenting clients with the proposed options for repair and i also tried to acquire as much info as possible about the client beforehand . The most enjoyable part was to see the smiles on colleagues' faces on delivery of successfully repaired equipment , sometimes a years work worth up to 2.5million rands. – less
Work
Finance and accounts (Current Employee), LeedsJune 25, 2012
Pros: bonus scheme, flex time, canteen
Cons: expeceted lin hour of work, short lunches and minimal freedom
Working in the accounts sector in UK it is the least rewarding of all departments within t company due to management, preside and general salary band!
Good and useful working tools can be gained within the company especially increasing your knowledge or eu and overseas cultures and ethics.
Overall scope is tr company would be highly recommended but – more... no in the finance field. – less