Sumitomo Drive Technologies Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
hostile work environment.
Welder/leadman (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 9, 2016
It was a good place to work at in the beginning, but a change in work philosophy made it extremely miserable. The belief in having degrees instead of years of experience made it hard.
Reliable Product
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CoDecember 10, 2014
Built around the Cyclo technology, great product. Little known market share. Worked remote and covered large geographical territory. Great co-workers also working remote.
Pros
account and territory management
Cons
unknown product.
Active Fun Great place to Work
Shipper and Receiver (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VASeptember 1, 2013
A typical day at work is me picking orders for our other facilities and getting everything ready for shipment at the end of the day. I learn something new everyday anything as simple as how to find certain products to making bills for the truck drivers. Management is good but not where I would like to be I think that is main reason I'm trying to seek new employment. My co-workers are the best everyone gets along and it makes the day go by. Their really is no hard part of my job but the best part would have to completing everything I got assigned by the end of the day.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
n/a
Gear reducer manufacturer
Corporate Industry Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 24, 2013
Capable of manufacturing high quality gearing parts. Unfortunately, Sumitomo began manufacturing much of the product in China and product quality suffered substantially
Pros
good benifits
Cons
sub par management style
Production driven enviornment deticated to service of customers and stategic company success
Receiving Associate/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 9, 2012
A typical day would consist of the recieving and storage of all products used n the production of all sumitomo products.Invertory control as well interaction with shipping dept to coordinate outgoing orders and expidite requisition request. The most dificult aspect of position was implimentaing space for incoming freight. Receiving dock was rather small. Under direction of management i was properly trained n multiple jurisdictions as well trained to operate multiple machines
Pros
excellent care of employees, embraced community fullfillment, and deticated itself to employee and company progression
Cons
placed on layoff status
Not a good experience.
Material Planner (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 4, 2012
Good product.
Helpful Engineers.
Poor computer system.
Micro-managing.
Low morale.
Cons
very numerous