Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems

Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems Employee Reviews

Friendly work environment
Network Infrastructure Technician (Current Employee), Northville MichiganNovember 17, 2014
Everyone works well together at Sumitomo. Fast paced environment with many challenges but goals are met daily. Safety is top priority! I enjoy assisting all 500+ users at various sited all over north america! The hardest part about working at Sumitomo is the fact that the Japanese culture is always working more so because there is a 13 hour difference between Michigan and Japan, late night support calls are few and far between but can happen.
Plesant atmosphere with nice people to work with
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Scottsville, KYSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: good healthcare
Cons: not giving time off for receiving custody of kids like they do if you adopt kids
When I got to work I would go to the station I was assigned , start your paperwork and then you would begin. I learned to operate some machines I'd never seen before and management kept us informed on how the QA lab had been doing . I worked with pleasant people and as a team we did our jobs . I had never used some of the equipment before and it was hard to learn but I did learn how to use them and I guess that was the most enjoyable thing.
Productive and a nice clean place to work
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYApril 1, 2014
Pros: free kaizen trips to differrent areas of the world.
Cons: life insureance kept going up.
I was engineer assistant that wrote operation standards, did time studies and line balancing. I also built trial harnesses and evaluated them. One thing I liked about my job is I was not always sitting at a computer, some days I was up moving around building harnesses and other days I did computer work all day. I also was involved with Kaizen presentation and projects. There was very little that I disliked about that job, too bad it went to Mexico.
Calm environment
Engineering Co-op (Current Employee), Northville, MIDecember 14, 2013
Pros: diverse culture
Sumitomo has been a very great learning environment for me. I have learn a great deal on what engineers do on a day to day basis. The co workers are friendly and the managing staff are great as well.
Postive professonal company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, KYJuly 13, 2013
Found the managment and opertions at SEWS to be very proffesonal and growth minded.
Very hectic place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Scottsville, KYMarch 28, 2013
Pros: pretty good benefits.
Cons: management not being organized.
There were very few typical days. As an Admin. Assist., things change quickly in an automotive mfg. facility.
I learned when there are customer complaints, we move fast.
Management changed constantly. My coworkers were great!
The hardest part of the job is communication between Japanese and Americans.
The most enjoyable part is having good laughs when the Japanese misunderstood American slang and things!!!
Great place to work with excellent benefits and opportunities!
Administrative (Current Employee), KentuckyFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: best benefits!
Sumitomo has been a great opportunity for me. It may not be the perfect place to work for everyone but it has been the PERFECT place for me and my family. There is a close knit family atmosphere especially due to the history of SEWS started here in rural south central KY. Althought SEWS started in a rural area, we are located throughout the globe. Please join our team if you want to work for a dynamic and intercultural company.
Good Place to Work
Operator (Former Employee), ScottsvilleFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: team atmosphere, safe and clean environment
Overall good place to work. Safety and quality-oriented, and have recommended family to work there. Plant was clean and organized compared to other places I've been.
IF you can't find a job anywhere else...
Logistics (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: there are some good people.. but they're in the minority.
Cons: terrible hr, little chance of advancement
Always Hiring because of high employee turnover
Slow and boring - not a dynamic or motivating environment
Everybody wants to leave the company
IF you can't find a job anywhere else...
Logistics (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: there are some good people.. but they're in the minority.
Cons: terrible hr, little chance of advancement
Always Hiring because of high employee turnover
Slow and boring - not a dynamic or motivating environment
Everybody wants to leave the company
Great Benefits & Fast-Paced Environment
Manager (Current Employee), KentuckyDecember 11, 2012
SEWS' offers excellent benefits and is a great place to work. If you like the challenge and fast-pace that the automotive industry provides, I would definitely recommend a career with Sumitomo.
Steady Stable Place to Work with Good Teamwork
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Moody, ALJuly 13, 2012
Pros: teamwork, challenging work environment, always new challenges
Cons: low pay, slow advancement
SEWS is a fun and challenging place to work. Management can be spotty, depending on who you end up with, but general cooperative atmosphere is enjoyable. The only low point in my opinion is the low compensation rate and slow promotion system when compared with other companies.
Headquarters