Summa Western Reserve Hospital

Summa Western Reserve Hospital Employee Reviews

Stow urgent care primary care occ med
Clinical, Nurse, Xray (Former Employee), Stow OhioMarch 25, 2015
Cons: Management
Do not waste your time applying for this position. There is no Management whatsoever, you will be lied to about the position. I am not an angry ex staff member the floor staff are great to work with, simply put this place will close if they don't get new management asap
Nurse Tech
Clinical Nurse Technician (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: patients you meet
Cons: no help, cleaning bedpans and people all the time, heavy lifting.
A typical day at work was rushed from the start of the day. Help getting from 17-30 patients ready for the day with no help. Call lights constantly ringing with no one to answer them but you because the nurses are at the nurses station charting. Management was nice the CEO did not mind coming out of her office in helping. Patients who are normally continent become incontinent due to waiting on going to the bathroom. The hardest part of this job is having 30 patients to yourself with no help and 5-7 nurses asking you to do 10 different things at once and getting an attitude if you do not complete ever task. The patients you meet are the best part of the job.
Student Nurse Tech on medical surgical floor
Student Nurse Tech (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OhioDecember 30, 2014
Medical Surgical Floor
Provided patient care, vitals, and nurse support.
team player
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHSeptember 19, 2014
team player, hard worker and enjoy utilizing my skills i have learned
Good but could have been better
Tech (Current Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 10, 2014
Pros: steady schedule, great coworkers in my department, stayed busy
Cons: high turnover in a few departments, no room to advance, low wages for high volumes of work
Overall was a good place to work, with an amazing and encouraging department head. Due to the massive female population and lack of diversity (hardly anyone of black, latino races), there was a lot of favoritism, high school gossip and lack of privacy when an employee got laid off/fired or was being medically treated at the facility.
Caring patient centered facility that is pleasant to work for
Student Nurse Technician (Current Employee), Akron, OHJuly 18, 2014
This hospital is all about patient centered care. The patients are constantly complimenting the facility about how much the staff cares about the patients and how friendly and family oriented we are. It's a true pleasure to work for the hospital. My coworkers are always working together in all situations and always have a smile on their face. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the patient tell you how great his or her care is and how you were able to help take part in that.
PTA for outpatient and inpatient therapy
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHJune 25, 2014
Pros: the doctors i work with are very helpful and great to there patients
Cons: all employes do not work has efficient as others
I have three years of experience as a physical therapist assistant. From my education and trainings I have developed many great skills to help advance my patients. While working for Summa Western Reserve Hospital, I gained experience in the ability to progress my patients within their plan of care in a timely fast pace manner. I currently work in both inpatient and outpatients rehab. I am able to effectively multi-task to treat patients on the floor and also see my scheduled outpatients. I have experience in effective prevention and treatment of running injuries, running gait analysis, vestibular and balance problems, rehabilitative services for teenagers, adults and geriatric patients after injury or surgery, and sports conditioning.
Urgent and primary care
Lpn (Former Employee), Stow, ohJune 20, 2014
Pros: pay, work experience
Cons: everything else
Management is ran by an x ray tech who makes all decisions for facility. Poorly organized and too many cliques
surgery
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 31, 2014
registering patients for surgery and scheduling their pre-testing, making sure all insurance information is in for billing
Very low wages, unexperienced staff
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHDecember 29, 2013
Cons: don't care about individual employees
Not somewhere I would recommend working, too many people wanting to have management jobs and not enough employees to do the grunt work.
small hospital with a good culture
RN WOUND CARE CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHSeptember 2, 2013
great staff, friendly and helpful where the patient is our focus
Summa Western Reserve Hospital is an okay place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHMarch 14, 2013
Pros: new supervisor is pro active
Cons: wages
Overall experience has been good. Wages are low. No room for advancement in lab department, but can transfer into other departments. Culture is overall friendly.
Intense but rewarding medical acute job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHDecember 2, 2012
Pros: great co-workers and managment
Cons: rare to get lunch break for 12 hour day, acutity verses nurse patient ratio
A typical day at work begins with me arriving early at 630 to start my day. I take care if medical acute patient, icu transfer patients, hospice patients, cardiac patient, as well as surgical patients. I would take care of 6 patients till my day would end at 730pm but would more than likely work till 830 to finish paperwork.I have learned so much. There is a plethera of information that I have learned from a wide variety of diagnosis, blood transfusiond, dialysis, iv medications, trach care, ostomy care, foly care and wouns care. The hardest part of my job would be the busy pace of the floor. Many times I would not have time to eat lunch or get any break. I loved taking care of the patients. I love talking to people and giving great care. I also enjoyed taking care of critical patients and catching things early to help save lives.
Poor Management
I.T. & S. (Current Employee), I.T.& S.October 30, 2012
Pros: patient care is personal and excellent
Cons: internal network isit dept. needs serious improvement, it systems breaking down, communications internally need improved greatly, no business process present
Depends which department but communications are lacking cross functionally and departments are siloed in the non-clinical areas.

Excellent patient care, personable and caring, communications with teaching staff positive.

Management lacks sophisticated business processes, communications and respect.

Employees work harder because internal organizational processes are severely lacking formality. Negative backwards culture in the management areas treating employees and each other with very little respect.
Acute care setting
2West - Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 8, 2012
Pros: patient centered care
Acute care, patient care duties, phlebotomy, vital signs, catheter insertions, removal, care, prioritizing patient needs.
I feel the emergency room is a challenging environment but also rewarding.
Emergency Dept. RN (Current Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHApril 28, 2012
A t typical day is the challenge of unknown emergent patient presentations. I have learned to utilize my knowledge base of the Team Approach in nursing care that involves multidisciplinary networking. Co-workers in the emergency department work well together as a team to advocate for the best treatment outcomes for patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is to treat a variety of patient illnesses/pathologies and to function as a part of a greater network of care and healing in the community.