SummaCare Employee Reviews

Experienced many challenges with learning opportunities.
CLINICAL INFORMATICS NURSE (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 5, 2017
I worked at SummaCare for 11 years and have to admit I miss it. I was provided many opportunities for growth and learning. Great benefits/pay. Felt rewarded for my work.
excellent
Senior Trainer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 1, 2017
you work in a cubicle or office
downtown Akron location
friendly co-workers
knowledgeable HR staff
teambuilding
promotions from within
career development strongly encouraged here
Good team
Operational Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 21, 2017
It was enjoyable to streamline processes to make files available sooner. I enjoyed learning SQL, MS Management Studio and MS Visual Studio. Things that happened at Summa Health Systems caused a trickle down to SummaCare that caused mass layoffs.
Pros
Work was appreciated wihin the department and end users.
Cons
Laid off
Review
CONFIGURATION PRICING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 10, 2017
I am challenged on a daily basis. I have learned many rules and regulations on all lines of business. I have learned to multitask in order to meet many challenging deadlines. The people here are great.
Very nice place to work, management very helpful, people friendly
Medicare Open Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 27, 2017
Excellent training and mentoring, pleasant atmosphere, very god working conditions, parking safe and convenient, temporary job, emphasis on customer service and responses to questions about Medicare program
Wonderful fellow employees
Employee (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 24, 2017
The employees at SummaCare are smart, dedicated and care about our members. They go above & beyond everyday to make sure we provide our members with exceptional service.
Always work to do
Medicare Enrollment Specialist Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 9, 2016
Coffee..Check..Continue. My day consisted of keeping up with multiple departments often working on multiple projects at a time while concentrating on the most efficient and productive methods to accomplishing our goals.
Pros
great view
Cons
you sit for long periods of time
Productive, FUN environment to work in
Temporary Full-time Individual Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 8, 2016
I cannot think of a single bad thing to say about Summa Healthcare Systems and SummaCare! What a great place to work! The leading employer in Summit County, Ohio, they provide a premier network of hospitals and doctors across the northern Ohio area. One of the best cancer programs in the nation,and leading in technology and research into new treatments and therapies for the disease.
I worked on the insurance side of things, with an incredible, hard-working team of dedicated, motivated and fun individuals; that were backed by an incredible management staff, who really set the bar high. I would recommend working here to anyone! My only regret is that I wasn't offered a permanent position with the company!
Pros
free holiday meals, discounted dietitian rate, teamwork, the list goes on, can't fit every pro
Department
Benefits (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 22, 2016
Managers micromanage. Co workers delegate work on top of what the manager delegates. Employees aren't valued. No diversity within Summa. Employees aren't welcoming at all!!! They all stare or ask personal questions. Everyone gossips about each other in the department. Worst place I've ever worked.
Pros
Cons
Management, no advancement, no diversity, low pay
Productive and fun place to work
Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 30, 2016
This was a great company to work for! Very positive work environment and the people are just so pleasant. The work is a lot but manageable if you use your time to work.
Great Culture
Enrollment Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 12, 2016
Overall great pay and flexibility. Co workers are friendly. The workload is manageable. There is room for advancement within career path. Management in meetings most of work day. Human Resources very accessible and welcome opinion and feedback. Great Internal job posting list
Pros
Company Dinner
Job Description
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 17, 2014
As a Customer Service Representative II at SummaCare insurance company, I am responsible for fielding several member calls daily. These calls generally stem from member's benefit, eligibility, claims and billing questions.

SummaCare carries four main insurance product lines: Medicare, Self-Funded, Commercial, and the Healthcare Exchanges. Each line of business has specific benefit plans and eligibility processes that I am required to extensively research in order to confidently advise members. As a level two representative, I take calls from all lines of business, and occasionally train other representatives on our various product lines.

In my phone training, I have been formally certified in the principles of M.A.G.I.C. (Make a Great Impression on the Customer,) and consistently score 90% or higher on all monthly eligibility and service audits.

My position requires a large volume of outbound work as well. During this time, I am required to extensively document all incoming and outgoing phone calls and research complex issues regarding our self-funded clients. I also preform extensive administrative tasks including filing and routing call documentation, communicating with other departments, and maintaining meeting schedules.
Pros
Benefits, 401k, Pto
Productive and fun workplace with daily learning opportunities.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  10 N. Main st Akron, OhioSeptember 24, 2014
Productive and fun workplace with daily learning opportunities.
Client Support (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 13, 2014
Productive, friendly, good culture, informative. Also, good teamwork.
Dedicated to Customers
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 27, 2014
I already reviewed this--Not doing it again
Great people though
Great Benefits,Market Rate Pay
Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 28, 2014
I enjoyed my time at this company. The people are great and friendly. The company is a very close-knit family but the layers of communications are lacking. Projects would be planned without any project management.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Communication between upper levels and masses. Project leadership.
Nice people, poor management from top to bottom
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 26, 2014
poor eligibility and enrollment dept. Management unaware or unresponsive to day to day issues. Disconnected. Micromanagement is an issue.
Pros
30 min lunches in an 8 hour day
Cons
short lunch an s
I loved this job but company merged with Yellow Freight
Medicare Eligibility Specialist-temporary (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 9, 2013
Company moved corporate office to Kansas. I loved the people I worked with and management was very good to work for.
Exciting workplace
Direct Sales Support Specialist/Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 27, 2013
Good job for the benefits and the experience. Lots of cattiness within departments.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Layoffs within the company
Extraordinarily inconsiderate and remarkably incompetent.
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 14, 2013
I have three kids, my wife is battling breast cancer and I have been unemployed for the past 8 months and these folks had no problem in stringing me along for four weeks, losing track of my information many times and offered me a position only to take it away a week later for no legitimate reason.

I am not the type to review such things however I had to make an exception with this company. I was offered a position with this company and what I found is that these folks are extraordinarily inconsiderate and remarkably incompetent.

I applied, was selected as a candidate and went through a gauntlet of disorganized phone and in person interviews with folks who really had little knowledge of the position they were hiring for - with a marketing department that wasn't even aware of what their own company brand proposition was.

Due to the HR departments extreme disorganization, I was required to fill out three online job descriptions (for the same position) and after a 4 week delay I was offered the position, accepted only to have them rescind the offer a week later due to their own disorganization.

This company should be in the business to caring for the health of others. This company ethos should also certainly extend to their own employees - it certainly does not. I highly suggest you look elsewhere for employment opportunities.
Pros
I could find no pros in their hiring process
Cons
Extraordinarily inconsiderate and remarkably incompetent.