SummaCare Employee Reviews

Extraordinarily inconsiderate and remarkably incompetent.
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 14, 2013
I have three kids, my wife is battling breast cancer and I have been unemployed for the past 8 months and these folks had no problem in stringing me along for four weeks, losing track of my information many times and offered me a position only to take it away a week later for no legitimate reason.

I am not the type to review such things however I had to make an exception with this company. I was offered a position with this company and what I found is that these folks are extraordinarily inconsiderate and remarkably incompetent.

I applied, was selected as a candidate and went through a gauntlet of disorganized phone and in person interviews with folks who really had little knowledge of the position they were hiring for - with a marketing department that wasn't even aware of what their own company brand proposition was.

Due to the HR departments extreme disorganization, I was required to fill out three online job descriptions (for the same position) and after a 4 week delay I was offered the position, accepted only to have them rescind the offer a week later due to their own disorganization.

This company should be in the business to caring for the health of others. This company ethos should also certainly extend to their own employees - it certainly does not. I highly suggest you look elsewhere for employment opportunities.
Pros
i could find no pros in their hiring process
Cons
extraordinarily inconsiderate and remarkably incompetent.
Job Description
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 17, 2014
As a Customer Service Representative II at SummaCare insurance company, I am responsible for fielding several member calls daily. These calls generally stem from member's benefit, eligibility, claims and billing questions.

SummaCare carries four main insurance product lines: Medicare, Self-Funded, Commercial, and the Healthcare Exchanges. Each line of business has specific benefit plans and eligibility processes that I am required to extensively research in order to confidently advise members. As a level two representative, I take calls from all lines of business, and occasionally train other representatives on our various product lines.

In my phone training, I have been formally certified in the principles of M.A.G.I.C. (Make a Great Impression on the Customer,) and consistently score 90% or higher on all monthly eligibility and service audits.

My position requires a large volume of outbound work as well. During this time, I am required to extensively document all incoming and outgoing phone calls and research complex issues regarding our self-funded clients. I also preform extensive administrative tasks including filing and routing call documentation, communicating with other departments, and maintaining meeting schedules.
Pros
benefits, 401k, pto
Wonderful place to work
Medicare Open Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 11, 2012
I really enjoyed my experience with SummaCare. I had a variety of things I did, including working in the call center providing information to seniors who called in and I also gave seminars to seniors regarding our Medicare Advantage plans. All of the people I worked with during this time were so helpful and supportive. I really can't think of any hard part of the job.The most enjoyable part of the job was giving the seminars and helping educate seniors in their decision making process.
Pros
support of everyone there
Cons
unfortunately it was a temporary position
Great Benefits,Market Rate Pay
Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 28, 2014
I enjoyed my time at this company. The people are great and friendly. The company is a very close-knit family but the layers of communications are lacking. Projects would be planned without any project management.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
communication between upper levels and masses. project leadership.
Good place to work.
Membership Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 8, 2012
I've gained a lot of experience in the insurance field. Training is always available when needed. My co-workers are always willing to pitch in to get the job done. Good teamwork.
Pros
hour lunch break.
Cons
long drive to work.
Nice people, poor management from top to bottom
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 26, 2014
poor eligibility and enrollment dept. Management unaware or unresponsive to day to day issues. Disconnected. Micromanagement is an issue.
Pros
30 min lunches in an 8 hour day
Cons
short lunch an s
I loved this job but company merged with Yellow Freight
Medicare Eligibility Specialist-temporary (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 9, 2013
Company moved corporate office to Kansas. I loved the people I worked with and management was very good to work for.
Exciting workplace
Direct Sales Support Specialist/Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 27, 2013
Good job for the benefits and the experience. Lots of cattiness within departments.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
layoffs within the company
Productive and fun workplace with daily learning opportunities.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  10 N. Main st Akron, OhioSeptember 24, 2014
Productive and fun workplace with daily learning opportunities.
Dedicated to Customers
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 27, 2014
I already reviewed this--Not doing it again
Great people though
Client Support (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 13, 2014
Productive, friendly, good culture, informative. Also, good teamwork.

4.2