The primary responsibility of the PROGRAM DIRECTOR for the Summer Institute for the Gifted is to develop and implement successful programs at several Summer Institute residential and day sites. This responsibility includes pre-summer planning, summer oversight and post-summer conclusions. PLEASE NOTE: This is a full-time year round position located in Stamford, CT.
- Experience in education preferred
- Experience working with and knowledge of programming for gifted students preferred
- Experience with summer programs or camps preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- A professional attitude
- Flexible and willing to work collegially with others
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Able to live on campus for three weeks in the summer
- Strong creative thinking skills
Scope of Responsibiltities:
1. Responsible for pre-summer planning at assigned venues including site facilities (residential, academic and social) usage and liaising with campus staff
2. Participate in oversight or planning for one program component such as academics, student activities, residential or operations.
3. Work closely with recruitment personnel to hire and train summer staff, focusing primarily on instructors
4. Work closely with Directors; schedule and facilitate pre- and post-summer staff meetings
5. Attend major site events such as pre-camp orientation, opening registration day, and the Closing Ceremony and be prepared to travel to sites if major issues arise, including filling in as a substitute Director if needed
6. Oversee all problem solving during camp and address any significant issues of students, parents, staff or facility administrators
7. Oversee all post-camp issues including Student Performance Reviews (SPRs), staff meetings, parent issues, and other matters related to the site
8. Communicate with accepted students and their parents as needed
9. Perform other tasks as directed by NSGT Executive Director as required.
Please include your salary requirements when responding.
To learn more about Summer Institute for Gifted (SIG) and the programs we offer please visit our web-site at www.giftedstudy.org.