Summit Credit Union Employee Reviews

The company is a great place to work. I love working with my team and enjoy my duties.
MSR & Lending specialist (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 9, 2017
I really enjoy being able to help members with their problems. I am in need of more money meaning I would have to work another job from home to provide a life for my children and I. I personally have gained so much working with Summit, they have given me a chance when I need one. I am on the call center all day and able to make a difference.
Pros
knowing it's a secured job
Cons
not being paid enough and PTO is limited
Good job
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 9, 2017
Summit is a great place to work. Lots of PTO and great benefits and 401K. The pay could be more competitive and they could offer more ability to work from home.
Pros
Great benefits and PTO
Cons
High stress and goals, low pay
Good Pay
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 27, 2017
Summit pays well,
benefits are great
Management in HR was/is lazy
Training department is lazy

The best part of my job was my coworkers who worked and didn't spend all day complaining
Pros
Good Pay/ Great Benefits
Cons
Poor HR department
nice place to work
Teller II at Raleigh NC Branch (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 12, 2017
I enjoy working here. I just want to get closer to my home and do something a little different than banking. It is a relaxed atmosphere and I have met a lot of nice people.
Great company
Member Service Teller (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 26, 2017
Summit is a great company to work for. They really are all about helping members in need of assistance with their financial situation. Which I love. The new hire training is crazy good. They have won several awards for it. They also really care about their employee's well being, The whole company is well structured and fun overall. Being a teller, however can be pretty stressful. Depending on the branch and your position. You have to be able to work under high stress situations and be a problem solver. Your members personal information is all on file so trustworthiness is a must. Other then that, Summit is really great. We have themed fun days that are wrapped around asking our members thoughtful questions to uncover financial needs that they might have. All of the employees in the network all pretty much know each other. We also get incentives if we meet our goals. Including a bonus at the beginning of the year, gift cards, free lunches and bowling nights with your team. Just last week my branch and another branch came together for a meeting and we ended it with a game of kickball. Its a ton of fun. There's also a lot of room to grow and your superiors are very involved with that process. Overall, Other then the stressers that come with every job, its a pretty awesome place to work.
Pros
bonuses, free lunches, free game nights
Cons
stressful environment
Awesome place to work
Member Service Teller (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 19, 2017
People and atmosphere are awesome. Great compensation and very flexible with hours. Would recommend to anyone looking for an easy and laid back position.
Challenging, Fun, Educational
Senior Member Service Teller (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 2, 2017
I loved working at Summit because I learned a lot about loans, savings and managing your money. It was a great learning experience and they have these"fun days" that allow you to take charge of that fun day and you organize it for the members. It challenges you to think outside of the box sometimes.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Stressful
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 31, 2017
This company is great to work for and offers unlimited learning opportunities. Management and employees are great and work well together. This credit union is one of the best to work for.
Excellent place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 29, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great benefits and pay. Full service banking experience from commercial lending and mortgages to savings accounts. Very customer service oriented.
We worked as a team to close our members' loans on time
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIMay 28, 2017
Summit Credit Union was my first credit union job....it was a great experience. I worked with a great team of folks who were always willing to go the extra mile for a member and/or a team member. Best place best people hands down!
Great place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 25, 2017
The people made this a great company to work for as everyone was friendly and supportive of newer workers. The incentives and company culture was enjoyable.
Great People
Member Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 21, 2017
Awesome culture to work for. They are welcoming and care about your needs as a human being. They offer awesome benefits and ample time off. Best company to work for.
Poor working enviroment
Worker (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 7, 2017
They expect you to work all hours of the day with not other compensation. The environment is an extension of a bad high school with cliques. They play favorites and no room fro advancement
Senior Member Service Representative
Senior Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Mills, WIFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day includes assisting members with financial transactions, vault balancing, complete compliance and auditing requirements, and train new staff.
Pros
benefits and gaishare
Cons
room for advancement
Fun and Hardworking company
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJanuary 5, 2017
Great atmosphere and hard workers. Really enjoyed building relationships with members and co-workers. Hardest part of the job was working with large amounts of money.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Had to work Saturdays
Fun company to work for
Member Service Teller (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 20, 2016
A typical day would include handle member transactions and seeing if there is any way Summit could benefit them in any way. Cash handling from vault to vault, vault to teller or teller to members.
Schedule appointment and make sure all BOC duties are finished.
Summit
customer service
cash balancing
transaction perfection
multiple layer requests
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
had to drive 20 min
good, not great
Membership Service teller (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 5, 2016
lots of benefits, definatly keeps you busy for the time that you are there. but can get very dull and uneventful at times. would work their again.
Love my Job
Learning and Organizational Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 3, 2016
I have worked for Summit for 8 years. From day 1, my manager supported my quest to find the right fit for my talents and needs. I have been incredibly happy with this company! PLUS, the benefits are amazing.
Great company culture
Member Service Teller (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 17, 2016
Overall this was a very good place to work. The pay is competitive, the benefits are great, and most of the people you work with are friendly. My one criticism is that they try to convince you being a Teller or Universal Banker isn't a sales job, but you have referral goals to meet every month. Sales are absolutely part of the job. Granted, the sales are mutually beneficial for both the credit union and its members, but they're sales nonetheless.