Summit Credit Union Employee Reviews

Senior underwriter
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIOctober 3, 2015
Taking loan applications, decision the application, to closing the loan. there was a lot of selling. I was at a small office, so it was very nice, 6 employees.
Benefits
Cons
selling
Has good concept but many different people butting heads
Senior Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 2, 2015
Overall, they're ok. They try to talk their company up in the hiring and onboarding process and then you see the reality once you've been there for a bit. They seem to be becoming more sales based and less member/employee centered. They try to do a lot of community involvement, but I question if this is just for attention. Their is a lot of turnover and makes for an unstable workplace.
Pros
Gainshare
Cons
politics, "favorites", you feel replaceable
Fun place to work
Lending Advisor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 6, 2015
Teamwork is awesome, good customer service and hospitality, could be stressful at busy shifts, not much benefits, flexibility with schedules.
Credit Union
Teller (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 21, 2015
I worked as a teller. I often operated the drive-thru alone. As a teller I assisted members' with their transactions and managed the cash transactions of my drawer. I processed payments and at times balanced the vault and ATM machine by myself.
Little room for advancement, terrible culture in Milwaukee market and 0 senior leadership.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 30, 2014
Senior management does not listen to employees, does not care about solutions only popularity.
Job review
Member Services Representative III (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 27, 2014
 Handled all customer service needs, as well as assisting with deposits, withdraws and payments
 Responsible for troubleshooting client issues as well as opening/closing accounts as needed, and inventory
 Trained staff in teller related functions
fun
Financial Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 29, 2013
Overall good, I like the people and the customers (members).
Fast paced environment with great core values
Financial Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 23, 2013
This was an extremely fulfilling position and company. Their member service is top notch! Changing a members financial position was one of the most rewarding aspects of this position.
Having fun at work makes it more productive
Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 20, 2013
Typical day at work starts with looking at our calendar to make sure we have it uptodate so our call center can setup appointments for our members.
My coworkers are great and we enjoy talking about things we have in common, e.g. kids.
The hardest part of the job is working weekends and the most enjoyable is throughout the day we tell jokes and say silly things to each other to keep smiling.
Pros
pay, benefits, co-workers, enviroment.
Cons
working weekends.
Progressive CEO
Chief Retail Officer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 15, 2013
Solid credit union with a lot of fun. Needs more work in the sales culture.

Great co-workers. great place to work and a fun environment.

Hardest part was firing people and seeing people leave.
Pros
great benefits -- to good
Cons
too many hours -- good employees can burn out
Definitely a high volume job.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro,NCJanuary 22, 2013
The regular day at work was never the same. It was exciting our customers made it fun as well as co workers. Their was room for advancement I went from Teller, to Member Service Representative, and the to the Accounting Department. I would process all the checks through Federal Reserve.
Salary low, some benefits ,basic.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 22, 2012
enjoyed customer contact, not an environment that provided learning new processes. Overall Compensentation basic.
Pros
time off, customer contact
Cons
managment very distant.
Good management but lots of office politics
Collector (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 1, 2012
I liked working for Summit CU and still use it as a financial institution. The coworkers are nice and the company values are top-notch. Having said that, I've never been in a situation with so many "office politics"--it was like being in high school again, with the back-stabbing, management favorites, and similar.
Pros
good work atmosphere
Cons
office politics
A free thinking enviornment that encouraged thinking outside the box.
Mortgage Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 12, 2012
A typical day at work would involve coaching of staff to improve customer service, growth, and creating a positive work enviornment. This also involved other departments and my /our interactions.

I learned that without have the three legs of the stool, positive customer experience, positive employee experience, and growing the business, you will not be successful long term.

My whole philosophy on management is that if you are not developing your employees to be successful in their current position or helping them grow to take on a new role then you are not doing your job. This helped build a strong and trusting relationship as well as boost productiong amongst my staff and those around me.

Making your job difficult is in most cases within your control. If it is not then realize this and support the challenge.

I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is providing legendary customer service and the growth you see within you employees and customers.
Pros
working with people in so many different facets.
Cons
not everyone has the passion they need to exuberate to be successful and happy in the work place.