Summit Credit Union

Summit Credit Union Employer Reviews

Job review
Member Services Representative III (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 27, 2014
 Handled all customer service needs, as well as assisting with deposits, withdraws and payments
 Responsible for troubleshooting client issues as well as opening/closing accounts as needed, and inventory
 Trained staff in teller related functions
fun
Financial Service Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WIDecember 29, 2013
Overall good, I like the people and the customers (members).
Fast paced environment with great core values
Financial Service Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WIOctober 23, 2013
This was an extremely fulfilling position and company. Their member service is top notch! Changing a members financial position was one of the most rewarding aspects of this position.
Having fun at work makes it more productive
Financial Specialist (Current Employee), Madison, WIMay 20, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits, co-workers, enviroment.
Cons: working weekends.
Typical day at work starts with looking at our calendar to make sure we have it uptodate so our call center can setup appointments for our members.
My coworkers are great and we enjoy talking about things we have in common, e.g. kids.
The hardest part of the job is working weekends and the most enjoyable is throughout the day we tell jokes and say silly things to each other to keep smiling.
Progressive CEO
Chief Retail Officer (Former Employee), Madison, WIMay 15, 2013
Pros: great benefits -- to good
Cons: too many hours -- good employees can burn out
Solid credit union with a lot of fun. Needs more work in the sales culture.

Great co-workers. great place to work and a fun environment.

Hardest part was firing people and seeing people leave.
Definitely a high volume job.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro,NCJanuary 22, 2013
The regular day at work was never the same. It was exciting our customers made it fun as well as co workers. Their was room for advancement I went from Teller, to Member Service Representative, and the to the Accounting Department. I would process all the checks through Federal Reserve.
Salary low, some benefits ,basic.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 22, 2012
Pros: time off, customer contact
Cons: managment very distant.
enjoyed customer contact, not an environment that provided learning new processes. Overall Compensentation basic.
Good management but lots of office politics
Collector (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 1, 2012
Pros: good work atmosphere
Cons: office politics
I liked working for Summit CU and still use it as a financial institution. The coworkers are nice and the company values are top-notch. Having said that, I've never been in a situation with so many "office politics"--it was like being in high school again, with the back-stabbing, management favorites, and similar.
A free thinking enviornment that encouraged thinking outside the box.
Mortgage Sales Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 12, 2012
Pros: working with people in so many different facets.
Cons: not everyone has the passion they need to exuberate to be successful and happy in the work place.
A typical day at work would involve coaching of staff to improve customer service, growth, and creating a positive work enviornment. This also involved other departments and my /our interactions.

I learned that without have the three legs of the stool, positive customer experience, positive employee experience, and growing the business, you will not be successful long term.

My whole philosophy on management is that if you are not developing your employees to be successful in their current position or helping them grow to take on a new role then you are not doing your job. This helped build a strong and trusting relationship as well as boost productiong amongst my staff and those around me.

Making your job difficult is in most cases within your control. If it is not then realize this and support the challenge.

I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is providing legendary customer service and the growth you see within you employees and customers.