TEMPORARY POSITION. MUST BE AVAILABLE THE FOLLOWING DAYS/TIMES:
SATURDAY & SUNDAY: 10:00AM-2:00PM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: A Customized Habilitation Specialist must be able to consistently and successfully perform all essential functions of the position.
1. Provides training in activities of daily living, community recreation, personal hygiene and grooming, money management and budgeting, parenting, mobility, nutrition and meal preparation, self-preservation skills and other requested areas as required by individuals’ Community Habilitation plans.
2. Implements specific intensive procedures to increase appropriate adaptive behaviors, decrease challenging behaviors, and manage crisis situations as per individuals’ behavioral intervention plans.
3. Documents services and instruction on the daily Service documentation notes, monthly progress notes and collects and documents behavioral tracking data.
4. Communicates individual needs to Family Support Services Coordinator on a minimum of a monthly basis
5. Achieves minimum caseload and service delivery requirements as directed by the Family Support Services Coordinator.
6. Assists in the development of the Community Habilitation plan and participates in ISP/Habilitation reviews every six months.
7. Communicate suggestions/questions/concerns regarding individuals’ Community Habilitation and or behavior intervention Plans to supervisory or behavioral support staff as needed to ensure quality.
8. Share Summit’s Team Agreement with families.
9. Submits all weekly/monthly paperwork by specified deadlines
10. Perform any other duties as requested by your supervisor
11. Follows agency incident reporting policies and procedures
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE - High School Diploma required AND one year combined work, volunteer, internship and/or applicable training and education with the Developmentally Disabled population. Experience implementing behavior intervention plans is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Etc. - A valid NYS Drivers License and agency approval of driving record according to agency's Policy and Procedures, OR accessibility to public or other private transportation AND clearance through NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment AND clearance for convictions of criminal misdemeanor and felony offenses. Must be First Aid, CPR, and SCIP-R certified.(agency will provide training) Annual physical and PPD’s are required. Must be cleared through NYS OPWDD criminal background check unit prior to first day of employment. Must be able to successfully complete all training specific to relevant behavioral intervention plans, including crisis intervention procedures.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS - Command of the English language exhibiting the ability to verbally communicate, read and interpret general education periodicals/professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations; write and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence, reports, etc. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to parents, students, and other employees of the organization etc.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT WWW.SUMMITED.ORG AND SUBMIT AN ONLINE APPLICATION.