JOB SUMMARY: Home based and site-based position which provides relief services to parents of developmentally disabled children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: A Respite Provider must be able to consistently and successfully perform all essential functions of the position.
1. Provides respite services to individuals with developmental disabilities
2. Submits all daily/weekly/monthly paperwork by specified deadlines
3. Communicates individual needs to Family Support Coordinator, Respite Supervisor or Habilitation Coordinator on a minimum of a monthly basis
4. Achieves minimum caseload and service delivery requirements as directed by the Family Support Coordinator, Respite Supervisor.
5. Complies with agency Incident Reporting Policies and Procedures
6. Perform any other duties as requested by your supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of position skill and/or ability required.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE - High School Diploma required AND one year combined work, volunteer, internship and/or applicable training and education with the Developmentally Disabled population
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Etc. - A valid NYS Drivers License and agency approval of driving record according to agency's Policy and Procedures, OR accessibility to public or other private transportation AND clearance through NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment AND clearance for convictions of criminal misdemeanor and felony offenses. Must be CPR, First Aid and SCIP-R certified. (Agency will provide training) Annual physicals and PPD’s are required. Must be cleared through NYS OMRDD criminal background check unit prior to first day of employment.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS - Command of the English language exhibiting the ability to verbally communicate, read and interpret general education periodicals/professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations; write and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence, reports, etc. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to parents, students, and other employees of the organization etc.
- OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be able to work a part-time flexible schedule of 3-19 hours per week to include evenings and weekends. Must also be able to attend a daytime training program.
TO APPLY TO THIS POSITION, VISIT WWW.SUMMITED.ORG AND SUBMIT AN ONLINE APPLICATION.