Summit Health

Summit Health Employee Reviews

Nice company, willing to help the employees and the clients
Medical Assistant - Phlebotomist Subcontractor (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMay 8, 2015
I enjoyed working with KPG. The office went through a lot of changes and this made it interesting. This office is a diverse and cultural sound environment. I have learned a lot from them.
fast paced work place
Regulatory specialist/ Flu staffing specialist (Former Employee), Novi, MIApril 23, 2015
Working in flu staffing was great, fast paced kept you busy but never bored. Pay was great
Regulatory was also fast paced but a lot of work for a little pay
Love what I do
Health Screener (Current Employee), Parma, IDApril 15, 2015
Pros: I am a contractor, I choose where and when I will work
Cons: Sometimes the jobs are quite aways from home.
We set up the clinic with different stations, makes things flow easily,
We have anywhere from 20 to over 150 patients a clinic, things are very smooth, makes it nice for everyone involved.
I learn something different every clinic, not every person is the same, you learn to make changes when needed to.
Management is great, they have everything as it should be a head of time so things can run smooth as possible.
My co-workers are great, I don't have the same ones all the time, we travel to different towns and states, so not always work with same people.
I haven't really found anything hard about this job.
The most enjoyable thing about this job, is you get to meet new people all the time.
No teamwork-- Ohio
Examiner (Current Employee), OhioApril 14, 2015
Pros: Flexible, set your own hours, meet interesting people.
Cons: Co-workers
Some employees that have been there for awhile like to belittle newer employees. Bossy. (I was told this on the first day I worked, then found out first hand) They will call you out in front of other employees and clients that you are hired to do the screenings for. This should be a fun low stress environment and it is if you are working with the right people. At the same time, It can be stressfull depending on who you work with. You will Pay your own taxes. No benefits. Encouraged NOT to identify high risk clients. Encouraged to "talk fast" so they don't have a chance to ask questions.
Awesome place to work, meet new people, work on a great team.
LPN (Current Employee), Novi, MIApril 9, 2015
Pros: Hourly rate, paid gas mileage, paid Hotels for long distances.
Cons: Some locations are hard to find when driving in the early mornings in the dark.
Summit Health is great to work for. They are on time with payments to me. You can get answers to questions in a timely manner. Never have I had any problems with payroll, hours, or people I work with.
There is on the job training which they prefer, so you can get right in and start working jobs.
This company does Biometric Screening for Corporations that want to lower their Health Care Costs.
In a timely fashion, a room is set up for us to do our screening. Employees sign up for their screening prior to the clinic start.
Their are different stations to go to. Height, weight for BMI. Blood Pressure, and a finger stick, that we put in a cassette that goes in a Cholestech Machine. Your results are giving to you in privacy, and explained to you in words you can understand.
It is a wonderful job, I love it, and will continue to work here.
If you like to travel; this is it.
Health Screener (Current Employee), Novi, MIMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Different clients
Cons: Not stable for income
Traveling is a good thing as each site is different. Managers play favorites with their staff. I will continue to work there but can not depend on a full time 40 hour week schedule.
worst place to work for
Indepentent Contractor/ Biometric screener (Former Employee), Novi, MIMarch 25, 2015
Pros: health informatin and education obtained while working
Cons: no room for advancement, contract based and company not in same state as employment, and everything is done on line!
Ok so with this company your basically supposed to go on line daily and click for clinic's possibly available. Which can range from 6 to 14 a day if there even in you geographical area...Most of the time if you don't travel to 2 states beyond your area they deny most of your request! So your left with a constant let down of steady work flow. Your lucky if you get 3 gigs a month and the pay you $19 an hr so it still doesn't cover your expenses' when your getting a $ 200 to $300 dollar a moth pay check on top real life expenses amongst the other listed here pertaining to this job (ie) gas, food, tolls, and hotel stay. Now they are supposed to help with gas and if you car pool but that only after 60 miles are driven! also keep in mind the company is all the way in Novi MI which is nooo where near half the places you will be assigned, so if you have any issues or questions what so ever you have to email or go on your portal to voice them. Now half the time when you get to a clinic assigned you have to wait for a team lead which is ALWAYS late or has a horrible attitude!!!! And never organized. You are left to draw patient's but can only tell them certain things health wise and basically sugar coat it without the mentioning their numerical results which is why your drawling blood in the first place and weighing them... which is height to weight ratio. I learned a lot of helpful information health wise but the best part of this job was that just there and the really sweet clients and or patients. The hardest part was a few cranky patients when drawn but once a good convo was strike up it was smooth sailing! and what was mentioned above.
Meet differnt people on every assignment
Health Screener (Current Employee), Novi, MIMarch 23, 2015
typically you work no more than 6 hours a day. My co workers are fabulous. The pay is great. the hardest part of the job is getting your work station set up but this is pretty easy.
see below
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)/Health screener (Current Employee), Novi, MIMarch 8, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, you only work where you want to work (if they select you) great pay.
Cons: not always picked when you try to sign up for a clinic. no overtime. no taxes taken out.
Flexible schedule, always a great work environment. Schedule is unpredictable. No overtime. No benefits. No taxes taken out. 1099 each year. Not enough work available.
Wonderful Team of Professionals
phlebotomist/ Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Horry CountyFebruary 18, 2015
Love working one on one with the patients and being an indepedent contractor. I really enjoy the staff and teamwork. This position has allowed me to update on many various lab techniques.
energetic, self motivated, punctual
Phleb/Health Coach (Current Employee), Novi, MIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: not enough events
Working wellness screenings although a lot of screenings were not available even though they were responded to in a timely manner. Team work is a plus with this company. Everyone works together.
Independent Contractor
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), Novi, MIFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: set my own work days
Cons: not enough clinics to keep me busy
I like working for this company but I wish there were more work opportunities.

Lately I sign up for clinics and get turned down for most of them.

A typical clinical consists of taking BP, height, weight, body fat analysis and getting these results to the client.

The people I work with are very professional.
Helping People Become Aware of Their Health
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee), Novi, MIFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: high pay, fun environment, good people
Cons: seasonal work
You meet new people every day and see similar faces yearly. Teach people about their health and fitness to obtain a healthier lifestyle. Hardest and at times most enjoyable part of the job is the traveling.
Diverse environment
Phlebotomist/ Health Screener (Current Employee), Novi, MIJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: short hours, able to pick up hours based on your schedule
Cons: no breaks, constanly sitting
I've learned a lot about healthy heart living and how to maintain it. My co-workers are pleasurable to work with. Everyone is very nice. Management is poor. I have only met my boss once. The hardest part of my job is not knowing what to expect when I get there because the environment is always different. The most enjoyable part is my clients and helping them.
Hard work, great environment
Coordinator (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 19, 2015
The employees all work very hard and have fun. Management is very supportive and always very helpful. The work is hard and the fall busy season is crazy, but it is all worth it to work with great people,
Great workplace
Wellness Coordinator, Cigna Healthcare (Current Employee), Novi, MIJanuary 3, 2015
Management of data for health screening and influenza clinics.
great company
Phlebotomy Tech/ Health Screener (Current Employee), Novi, MIDecember 23, 2014
I love teaching people to be healthy. and learn to explore new things. With our company we are changing lives every single day.
fun work
health screener (Former Employee), MIDecember 18, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: good staff
Summit used to be okay before they were bought out by Quest Diagnostics. you have to worry about getting paid for the work you have done on time, and if you make the maxinum pay they tend not to sent you out of state, but the screeners that have been there for a short amount of time and make less get more work. there for they get what they pay for.
The work was satisfying
Continuing Medical Education Coordinator (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PADecember 1, 2014
Pros: worked closely with president of medical staff, vp medical affairs; director provider resources; director physician relations
Cons: commute to work was intollerable
The people are very friendly
The work was most rewarding
The pay was good
Management did what was necessary to satisfy Leadership
The most enjoyable part of my job was working autonomously; working with many skilled physicians from Harvard, Johns Hopkins, University of North Carolina, and so on.
Productive and Helped Others
Health Screener (Current Employee), Novi, MINovember 17, 2014
Pros: educating others about a healthy lifestyle
Cons: co-workers and travel
Truly enjoy working with this company, it is always rewarding when you can help other.

1 2 3 4 5