Summit Medical Center Employee Reviews

Awful place to work.
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 8, 2017
It's doctor owned and quite the drama filled work place. It's extremely clickish. Lots of unprofessionalism going on. Also, I dealt with lots work place bullying. I went to my supervisor about it and received the most unprofessional advice I've ever received in the work place. They have no regard for your home life, especially if you're a single mom. This was the worst work place experience I've ever had.
Pros
Experience I gained in sheduling
Cons
Unprofessional
Productive and fun place to work
Patient Food Representative (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNDecember 8, 2016
Out of the 2 years I worked there, there were trained, supervised staff members. Excellent problem solving skills. Made sure customers had excellent service and well as speedy and efficient orders.
Great Learning Experience
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Certified Surgical TechnologistNovember 4, 2016
The Docs are outstanding. This was a great experience, My learning experience here has helped me in my career. My co-workers became family.
Very educational first job as an RN
Registered Nurse in the intensive Care unit (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNOctober 2, 2016
Loved this job! Love bedside care and taking care of the pt as well as their families. I have taken this same compassionate trait with me into my NP career. Co-workers were all so supportive of a new grad in the SICU/MICU.
medical assistant
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 2, 2016
working for OB/GYN doctors, assisting in treatment and care of the patients, was also trained at the clinic to perform, lab procedures, such as, pregnancy testing, blood and urine test, vital signs, counseling, ultrasounds.
Pros
helping bringing life into the world healthy
Cons
small clinic
Lies
Inpatient Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKSeptember 19, 2016
They make us lie to patients about accepting their insurance. After we perform procedures then we tell patients we won't accept their insurance plan so they have to pay everything out of pocket. I had to leave, I could not stand this morally corrupt workplace.
HCA facility
Risk Manager/Lead Case Manager/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNAugust 7, 2016
Great place to work years ago but cracks in the culture became to evident to stay. There are not that many opportunities to move up unless you were well-liked by Administration.
Pros
Patients and hard-working staff
Cons
Administration
two thumbs up
REGISTERED NURSE - RELIEF CHARGE NURSE (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNDecember 15, 2015
for a tech the work load is distributed evenly as possible, the nurses are really good about helping the patients as we strive to work as a team most of the time
Theres no I in team
RMA (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 17, 2015
The physician I worked with most was very kind and extremely knowledgeable. This made it a pleasure to learn and assist her. We all of my coworkers pulled together as a team there were 3-4 physicians in office and when one of the physicians were running behind we helped one another catch up. Seeing persons who were extremely ill was sometimes hard. Having the peace of mind that I was doing what I've been called to do.
Summit is a nice place to work.
Clinic Billing Collector (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKOctober 23, 2015
I simply cannot say enough good things about this company. It is a wonderful place to work. The people here are great to work with. It's a pleasant atmosphere full of positive team members that thrive on helping one another. The pay is good and the benefits are great!
Enjoyed working with Nursing Staff
RRT-Registered Respiratory Therapist-PRN Status (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNAugust 11, 2015
A Typical Day. Very Busy. Late Lunch to No Lunch.
Incompetent coworkers and unwilling to work together as a team.
No where for advancement in this job.
Pros
NONE
Cons
No teamwork and Incompetent Coworkers
summit
Diabetes Educator (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNJune 26, 2015
Is a small hospital with good management, but not much room for growth. promotes good work/life balance, and the coworkers were great.
Umc
CSFA, CST (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNJune 22, 2015
University Medical Center taught me alot about work ethics, and how to interrelate on a professional level. It helped to prepare me for my future employment opportunities
Terrific team work culture
Graduate Nurse / Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNMay 31, 2015
Management involved in the day to day processes and always willing to help out when needed. Generous with employee appreciation. Discounted lunches.
Excellent pay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNMarch 23, 2015
Excellent Pay and extremely helpful with schooling. Normally staffed pretty good and great customer service.On some of the floors management does get picky but for the most part the place is a great place to work.
terrible manager always micromanaging
RN (Former Employee) –  nursingFebruary 2, 2015
The hospital itself was ok their charting system for nursing was so outdated and difficult to navigate. Enjoyed my co workers but the nurse manager was way too much to deal with.
Pros
it helped me earn a paycheck
Cons
would never work here again
Great place to work.
RN (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNDecember 9, 2014
There is nothing negative I can say about my experience at this hospital during the 10 years I worked there, I realized that the "grass can be greener". The experience I gained from opening a brand new hospital helped me when I was as challenged as I was opening StoneCrest.
Pros
Good management, good and experienced coworkers and wonderful doctors to work with.
Cons
Cannot think of any con to write about.
Loved the job and colleagues
Corporate Wellness Coach (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 22, 2014
My overall experience with Summit Medical Group (SMG) has been positive. The company encourages a healthy liftstyle choices and promotes a friendly working environment for the employees.
Pros
Competitive pay, flexible work schedules, friendly environment
Cons
unstable management, company layoffs
Great Place To Work
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNAugust 27, 2014
A typical day at work consisted was a busy nonstop fast pace 12 hours of registration.
While working at Summit Medical I learned to always start your day with a positive attitude and smile, because working in the ER you never know what your day will consist of.
Management there needs some improvement, but overall they pitched in to help from time to time.
I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers.
The hardest part of my job while working there was registering a patient that was deceased, because I would have to verify patient information and insurance with a family member who was grieving.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smiles on a patient's face or a thank before I walked out of the room even though they were feeling bad.
Pros
$7 movie tickets
Cons
Being up on your feet all day
enjoyable place to work
HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARAugust 10, 2014
numerical filing, answering phones, HIPPA compliance, data entry, chart coping, time sheets, and customer service.
I learned computer applications AS-400,Powertrac, Power Excel and Aim Doc.
I worked for the nicest people management were the most helpful people and easy to talk with.
My coworkers were a very fun bunch and we all got along well.
Nothing hard with my job, I had some sad experience when dealing with customer service when dealing with family due to loss of life.
The most enjoyable was meeting and working with a great group of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Summit Medical Center Reviews by Location