Summit Medical Center

Summit Medical Center Employer Reviews

Loved the job and colleagues
Corporate Wellness Coach (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 22, 2014
Pros: competitive pay, flexible work schedules, friendly environment
Cons: unstable management, company layoffs
My overall experience with Summit Medical Group (SMG) has been positive. The company encourages a healthy liftstyle choices and promotes a friendly working environment for the employees.
Great Place To Work
Registrar (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNAugust 27, 2014
Pros: $7 movie tickets
Cons: being up on your feet all day
A typical day at work consisted was a busy nonstop fast pace 12 hours of registration.
While working at Summit Medical I learned to always start your day with a positive attitude and smile, because working in the ER you never know what your day will consist of.
Management there needs some improvement, but overall they pitched in to help from time to time.
I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers.
The hardest part of my job while working there was registering a patient that was deceased, because I would have to verify patient information and insurance with a family member who was grieving.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smiles on a patient's face or a thank before I walked out of the room even though they were feeling bad.
enjoyable place to work
HIM Clerk (Former Employee), Van Buren, ARAugust 10, 2014
numerical filing, answering phones, HIPPA compliance, data entry, chart coping, time sheets, and customer service.
I learned computer applications AS-400,Powertrac, Power Excel and Aim Doc.
I worked for the nicest people management were the most helpful people and easy to talk with.
My coworkers were a very fun bunch and we all got along well.
Nothing hard with my job, I had some sad experience when dealing with customer service when dealing with family due to loss of life.
The most enjoyable was meeting and working with a great group of people.
loved it!
Respiratory Therapist and LPN (Current Employee), Van Buren, ARJuly 24, 2014
Only worked part time. Had to quit for a full time job. Great benefits.
Productive and fun workplace
medical biller (Former Employee), oakland,caJune 11, 2014
learned lot of stuff in this company and management are nice and easy to worh with same us my co-workers although this just a part-time work
room for growth!
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), hartford ctMay 20, 2014
Pros: the patients are what kept me moving forward, meeting people and helping them made this experience a wonderful one
Cons: the administration was unprofessional at times
if things were more business related and not personal then this workplace would have been the best by far, other wise the people i met there was amazing such as co workers, the administration could have been a better experience.
high stress environment
ER Nurse/Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Hermitage,TNApril 28, 2014
Pros: ample amount of experience to see many medical conditions
Cons: pressure to fit time constraints, lack of help.
A typical day was full and steady. I was exhausted and felt overwhelmed 60% of my days. l am grateful for the experience and I have had the opportunity to see a diverse range of medical problems. I enjoyed the fast pace, at first but it wears on you. Being a part of a team that was competent and strong in skills was the best part of my job. The hardest part of my job was managing high acuity patients (vented/giving blood/hypotensive/ emergent pt) and also flipping your other rooms with new patients and feeling a lack of help or understanding.
Very rewarding place to work with many challenges and opportunities.
Lead medical transcriptionist (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: interactions with management, physicians, and co-workers.
Cons: high performance standards and pay based on productivity.
Assigned work to be transcribed, assisted transcriptionists with difficult dictations and training of new employees. In addition, in instances in which the dictating equipment was not functioning properly, responsible for making minor adjustments to the system. Management was one of overseeing work for accuracy and compliance, assigning work according to priority, and evaluating performance. The hardest part of the job was providing work according to priorities and assisting with difficult dictations, as well as maintaining ongoing knowledge of medical terminology to provide a high level of performance. The most enjoyable part of the job was a feeling of pride and accomplishment.
I worked for HCA within Summit and had very few problematic experiences.
ER Registration (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNDecember 11, 2013
I enjoyed my employment at Summit Medical Center, but the leadership team was not interpersonal. Thus creating a negative work environment for staff and employees.
Good company
Sr.CLS (Former Employee), Oakland, CADecember 6, 2013
Good company to work for but was disappointed with the current management at the time I was employed there.
ER Registration - Registering patients in a timely and profressional manner.
ER Registrar (Current Employee), Hermitage,TNOctober 7, 2013
Duties include accurately registering all patients needing medical services. The initial contact with the patient and responsible for completing and verifying all registration information, obtaining proper signatures and making financial arrangements with the patient and/or responsible party. Process patient changes, including discharges, transfers, accommodation changes, ensuring all signatures, billing forms, advance directives are on file prior to patient's release. Prepare patient receipts and balance journal prior to end of day. Perform insurance verification and initiate authorizations as needed. Responsible for pre-registration of all scheduled patients. Responsible to assist family and patients with amenity needs like directions, hotel locations, taxi services, etc. Greet patients/visitors entering the lobby area of the Hospital and portray a positive image of the hospital.
Middle TN's best kept secret.
MRI Technologist (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNApril 3, 2013
Pros: you are treated as a professional.
Cons: feels like defensive medicine double dipping in unnecessary procedures to produce identical results.
Great company to work. Management is mostly fair and co-workers easy to get along with. Most difficult part is maintaining the 100% patient satisfaction in a stressful environment. Customer is always king.
part time position
Junior Accountant (Current Employee), Oakbrook TerraceMarch 20, 2013
Pros: challenging
Cons: benefits
I just work part time, and they don't offer any benefits. They don't offer full time position since the doctor only see patients twice a week.
Productive, supportive hard-working team and management
PROGRAM COORDINATOR Psychiatric unit (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 23, 2013
While the staff worked tirelessly to provide optimal service for mentally ill patients, funding was cut for the psychiatric unit and services were cancelled and transferred to other facilities.
Working conditions
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Oakland, CADecember 20, 2012
This was a contract position in which I was hired to supervise 35 employee in making sure they are performing a safe work place.
Secure job environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNSeptember 10, 2012
Management willing to work with employees. Valued employee feedback
Summit Medical Center
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNMay 21, 2012
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: director trying to keep me one spot
-Taking care of all the new hire paperwork, IDs, and health insurance information.
-Taking care of letters inviting all new hire to breakfast with the CEO.
-Taking care of the vendors and supplies needed for the office area.
-Management (Director) did not have the education required for her position and did not want to promote me when other HR position became available.

About Summit Medical Center

Summit Medical Group is the largest and oldest physician-owned multispecialty practice in New Jersey. In addition to its 250,000-square-foot – Read more