Summit Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place, but not well managed
Unit secretary (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNNovember 13, 2017
Too fast paced at times, almost overwhelming when management do not staff the floor adequately. Very little growth opportunities. Not much follow through on staff feedback.
Benefits
Cons
Under staffing
staff improvement
PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 30, 2017
This company provided little to no possibility of improvement to the staff. The staff that did work well together were let go when new management took over. Very little incentive to improve in this company.
Pros
Got to know new friends
Cons
no lunch at times, no relief offered during lunch hours.
very focused on highest patient care
Group Vice President/CEO (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYOctober 27, 2017
The goal was the be the best healthcare provider in Casper, I feel we meet that goal. Team approach to all of the work that needed to be done. best group of doctors in town as well.
Pros
clean new hospital
Cons
not enough patients
Ratings
CPX Operator, Communications (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 14, 2017
Working for this hospital, was a beautiful experience. I met some beautiful people. The work load was challenging which helped me learn a variety of safety procedures. Management was friendly, and the staff was helpful.
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
Small Office Space/Consistent Union Strikes
Great environment never boring
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 10, 2017
I just really enjoyed the poep;e that i worked with and the management was great pay was great made alot of great friends very clean Hospital and great customer service
excellent
SPD Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 15, 2017
Great place to work. Friendly environment and excellent medical and dental benefits. I would definitely recommend to a friend or colleague. I also would consider future employment
Patient Care Technician/Er Clerk (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARSeptember 2, 2017
Great place to work home like atmostphre great crew at that time but it went through a lot of changes and that made a lot of people lead e or were let go.
Pros
Cons
Great
Wonderful hospital with quality patient care.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Frisco, COAugust 23, 2017
Great culture with dedicated personnel. Great patient care outcomes. Great location. Jackson survey winners for rural hospitals in multiple categories.
Pros
Positive Culture
Cons
Productive & fun place to work
Clerk-Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 13, 2017
I enjoyed working @ Summit Medical Center for 33 yrs. & went thru many changes in management, My office manager was so great & she was was one of the reasons I worked there for so long.
Fast paced worlplace
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNAugust 7, 2017
Great place to work, but management make it undesireable. The director though brought on ojt many years ago lacks couth and integrity to say the least. The staff is great but generally understaffed.
Pros
Great staff, Compensation
Cons
Management, Under staffed
Nice and friendly Hospital
Surgical Technologist/Instrument Tech (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 7, 2017
I liked working as a Instrument tech at Summit. The staff was super nice, the girls super cool. I wish they would have given me what was promised sooner. I would have stayed there for ever.
Fun place
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 19, 2017
At the time hospital was going through changes some were other we weren't prepared, its good to have health care facility in town and I believe its different niw
wonderful place to work
Director of Cardiopulmonary Services (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 12, 2017
This is a wonderful place to learn and grow. I learned differnet areas of the cardiopulmonary field that I had previously not been exposed to. Great opportunity.
Pros
small town feel
my first real job out of school
Interventional/Cath Lab Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNJune 7, 2017
I loved being at Summit. I started in radiology and was cross trained into cath lab and special procedures where I learned a ton. The hospital was clean, great staff and doctors, and great over all experience.
wonderful learning experience
Radiologic student internship (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 30, 2017
I have a lot to be thankful for when it comes to Summit radiology department. This was my home base hospital as a student.
I worked with a variety of patients' and different scenario that I was able to take with me during my rotations to other hospitals' and feel confident.
fast paced
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNMay 4, 2017
very fast paced.decent paying ,a very high turn around and techs are not valued as much as they should be and dont have much of advancement for techs to be a part of much like the nurses have lead nurses but the techs dont have anything close to that we dont have a speaker for us that is one of us its just the nurses over the techs along with the director .
Pros
decent pay, always at least 2 techs
Cons
very high turn around and not very valued
Productive work place
Patient Account Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 3, 2017
Good work place a lot of room for advancement. a good place for learning a job. Feel like it is a good place for a career. There a a lot of different departments to communicate with.
Pros
good work place
Cons
short breaks
Fun and educational
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARMay 1, 2017
Taking care of the assigned patients on my schedule that day. Keeping it all balanced and prioritizing was the hardest part, but very doable. You have to learn and adapt quickly.
They are a place in transition
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARApril 22, 2017
They are a place in transition and have been for several years. We are a very busy emergency room. The position requires the nurse to be independent, self motivated and goal driven
Pros
Close knit group
Cons
Few staff members
Awful place to work.
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 8, 2017
It's doctor owned and quite the drama filled work place. It's extremely clickish. Lots of unprofessionalism going on. Also, I dealt with lots work place bullying. I went to my supervisor about it and received the most unprofessional advice I've ever received in the work place. They have no regard for your home life, especially if you're a single mom. This was the worst work place experience I've ever had.
Pros
Experience I gained in sheduling
Cons
Unprofessional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.