Summit Medical Group

Summit Medical Group Employee Reviews

great place
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJAugust 11, 2016
great place to work, effective management. great compensation for the job. equal opportunity. positive environment, great relationship among coworkers.
Great work environment with exceptional opportunities
Medical Assistant w/X-Ray and Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 3, 2015
A typical day at work was fast paced and enjoyable. Summit Medical paid for my radiology certification and allowed me plenty of opportunities to practice and study for my state exam. I was pleased with the rate of pay as well as the evaluations corresponding to raises. The management was very competent and well balanced within the office. I was provided with the opportunity to learn clerical and clinical duties. My coworkers were amazing, kind, and intelligent. I looked forward to going to work every day and enjoyed caring for patients of all ages. The hardest part of the job was only on days which were short-staffed, but the staff that was present worked great together. We all took on extra job responsibilities to fill the gaps caused by absent employees.
Pros
Opportunity to attend xray certification classes
Cons
Expensive medical insurance
Great medical group to grow with.
Medical Assistant/Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJAugust 25, 2016
I feel working for Sum mit Medical group I learned so much. I felt with in the two years I worked for them I grew with so much knowledge that helped me grow even more. They work with your schedule and are absolutely amazing.
Fun place to work for
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Walton, KYOctober 11, 2016
Met interesting people and had the opportunity to work different positions and learned a lot! The staff was wonderful and the Dr. we worked for was always there to answer questions etc.
Pros
close to home
Cons
pay
Summit
Front/Back office medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Dry Ridge, KYNovember 9, 2016
I already reviewed this company. Very good company to work for. I would still be here if it wasn't for the reason that I moved and more pay
Great working environment.
Pediatric Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Verona, NJJuly 11, 2016
Medical Assistant for pedriatric office. Scanning office documents.
Answering phone coverage. H
Helping with inventory.
Scheduling appointments.
Assisting the Doctors or Nurses in the exam room.
Pros
Happy, diverse environment.
Cons
Can be a bit challenging doing vaccinations for a new born.
Cardiology Department
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJuly 4, 2016
This practice respected the role of the registered nurse. There were 3 nurse driven clinic, lipid, coumadin, EECP, Each nurse was assigned a specific physician. This helped with the continuity of patient care.
Pros
Multi discipline practice and could move to another specialty
Cons
Excellent place to work and interact with professional people.
Administrative Assistant to the CEO (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJApril 6, 2016
Reporting to the CEO and running all end of month financials.
Keeping CEO calendar and answering all emails.
Keeping Track of all CV's for all Doctors.
Managing the monthly newsletter.
Hardest part of that job was leaving, due to relocation.
The larger the company grows, the less the employes matter
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berkley Heights, NJJuly 27, 2015
SMG has great benefits, just not enough growth opportunities. The company is growing daily but does not provide positions allowing employe's to grow and move to other positions.
fun place to work
Assistant Office Manager & Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2015
Very busy had a lot of great patient to work with and the stuff there were wonderful.we were like a big happy family everyone got alone great.fun place to work
benefits
Cons
healthcare
It was a great learning experience
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Knolls, NJMarch 23, 2016
I worked in a gastroenterology office. I learned what goes with it. The procedures, patient charting, and how to be professional. Working there got me interested in the medical field. The doctors were awesome to work for and very helpful. They would explain into detail what went on during the procedures and about the diseases. My co workers were helpful as well.
alright place to work with great pay
Multi-duty receptionist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 11, 2015
The office was very busy and made the day go by faster. Not much room for advancement. This is an overall good place to work.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
no room for adavcement
Competitive employer with compensation, work/life balance
RN Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 28, 2013
Competitive employer with compensation and work/life balance. Benefits are not competitive.
Medical Office work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNMarch 9, 2016
Assist with care and triage of patients throughout the day. Work with insurances and other offices to provide the best care needed.
Pros
free lunches from drug reps great hours
Cons
high insurance rates
Terrible Management
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNNovember 6, 2015
They hired people with no experience and did not train them correctly. Management was degrading and no room for advancement.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Growing medical facility with excellent customer service.
Manager - Education & Training (Current Employee) –  New Providence, NJOctober 30, 2015
A typical work day consisted of training new employees, as well as existing staff. I trained them on our practice management system, customer service, fire safety, OSHA, HIPAA, etc. I put the curriculum together for these training sessions and made improvements by analyzing the training needs of the organization and making changes where required. As a training manager, I dealt with the management team of directors, managers and supervisors. We had monthly meetings to see where the company was and where it was going. My co-workers were a great bunch of people. By attending our monthly meetings, everyone knew what their jobs and goals were and did them diligently. I had to train them on various Management/Leadership Skills to keep them abreast of the upcoming trends. The hardest part of my job was annual training. Working with an outside vendor and making sure that all 1,500 employees were compliant for the year. The most enjoyable part of my job was the actual training. Making a difference in an employees job is the best feeling in the world. When an employee learns new information that they may use, it is quite rewarding.
Pros
Free coffee, breaks, and the healthcare.
Cons
The work hours were too long.
organized, customer and family friendly
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  summit, njJuly 7, 2012
Salary and benefits were acceptable. Staff were somewhat friendly and knowledgable.
Detail Oriented
Financial Counselor at Summit Medical Group (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJJanuary 26, 2016
During my time in the medical field my knowledge increased. Indeed, in how to submit claim and collect deductibles and copays
Great working environment; getting to know the patients; something new everyday
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Clinton, TNNovember 30, 2015
First priority was to take care of our patients, which made the job worth it! The patient base started growing, which was excited to see. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and greeting patients who did not feel well and you could give them a little smile to help them along their day.
Wonderful Experiance
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJNovember 24, 2015
I enjoyed working here very much.
HR, Staff, & Management were very helpful with teaching me new things.
no complains at all.