- Medical Billing Certification, preferred
- Coding Certification, preferred
- 2+ years orthopedic billing, coding and collections
- Experience with California Workers Compensation and Med Legal
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of third party insurance billing policies and procedures and previous billing experience. Substantial knowledge of CPT and ICD-9, ICD-10 coding necessary.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of automated practice management systems; Centricity experience preferred
- Must be a team player and detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills; a working knowledge of federal and state regulations regarding reimbursements required; and excellent organizational and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage a department and oversee collections from multiple carriers both in and out of network
- Oversee daily billing collections
- Review accounts for billing accuracy in order to maximize reimbursement.
- Have persuasive and tenacious follow-up on claims status Appeal, and re-bill or forward claims for recalculation and / or adjudication as necessary.
- Responsible for all billing / collection issues
- Will compile reports detailing all collection activities including trends and issues that impact operations, aging, adjustments and credit balances on a continuous basis.
- Investigate all denied services to determine the reason for the service denial, appeal, if appropriate.
- Development of training for staff and implement policies and procedures related to Collections.
Indeed - 9 months ago