Summit Orthopedics Employee Reviews in United States

Working with Summit
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 24, 2016
It was a great experience just looking to improve my skills and achieve my goals as a mother and a working professional. My co worker are the best i couldn't ask for a better team to work with.
Pros
Free Lunch most days off approved
Cons
Prejudice
Great Company
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNMarch 24, 2016
Summit Orthopedics is a great company to work for. There are a lot of very positive and friendly individuals that are willing to help others as we are all part of one big team. The management is dedicated to expanding the practice and really goes above and beyond to show their appreciation to their employees.
Fun place to work with wonderful people
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNFebruary 17, 2016
Work days go by quickly and co-workers are a pleasure to work with. Fun activities planned by management on occasion along with interactive family activities once a year.
Cons
No room for advancement
Fast paced growing company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJanuary 16, 2016
Fast paced growing company. High quality surgeons, great clinic environment, energetic group, combined services for ease of access
Great management team
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNOctober 27, 2014
The manager's are very friendly, and care a lot about their employees. Very easy to get time off, manager's will put in a lot of OT just to make sure you can have time off. My only complaint is that there is way too much paper work to be given out and way to much to do just to check in a patient. Lot's of disgruntled patient's due to all the work. Oh, and the insurance is WAY too expensive per pay check.
Pros
great management team, decent pay.
Cons
insurance is way too expensive.
Contract work in corporate office, cleaning up corporate files.
Executive Assistant to CEO and CFO (Interim) (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNOctober 2, 2014
Learned a great deal about the inner workings of a physician-run surgical group.
Hardest part of the job: I was a contractor.
Co-workers were mixed: some were very helpful, others were totally indifferent and used closeness to physicians to gain their objectives.
Pros
most enjoyable aspect: ability to clean up corporate files.
Cons
physicians assistants and their agendas.
new managment
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJune 11, 2014
When I started there they it was not super busy and they had an excellent manager but then she left and they appointed a nurse to her position and it just wasn't the same. Almost all the staff left. I was ready for a change,
Front Desk
Receptionist / Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Maplewood MnMarch 19, 2014
* check patients
* verify insurance
* answering phones
* prepare charts
* make return appointments
* other duties as assigned
* work long days
Pros
meeting patients, and seeing them come back, and remembering who you are because you did a great job for them
Cons
short breaks, micromanged, similarity, staffing, confidentialy
Good place to work with no room for advancement
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNDecember 7, 2013
Excellent group of appointment schedulers to work with during the day. Almost everyone is willing to help out. There are a few cliques. You are VERY micromanaged!
Benefits are good if you single but once you have a family they get to be very expensive. Lots of room for parking not assigned parking but still good parking. Houra of operation are very reasonable.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
short breaks and micromanaged!
Great place to work in a great location
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chevy ChaseSeptember 19, 2013
I love love love this office, it was great for commuting, shopping and eating out. Dr. Dahl is who I worked with directly and he is a great human being!!
Pros
great location
Cons
short lunch breaks very strict on petty things
Very busy and productive office
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDAugust 7, 2013
- A typical day at work will consist of answering a twelve line telephone.
- schedule patient appointments
- Scan and file documents
- Enter patient data into the computer
- Write patient prescriptions
- Fax documents for physicians
- Generate specific documents at patients request.
From this job I learned how to maintain my patients, and smile no matter what happens.
- Management consist of one office manager and the seven physicians, everyone work really well together to have the office run at a smooth and steady pace.
- My coworkers and I work diligently to accomplish our daily goals and to complete task.
- The hardest part of the job is maintaining patients and composure when dealing with an irritate patients.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone at work gets along and works really well together.
Pros
no micromanagement, and employees can make decisions without management
Cons
working with rude patients
Friendly Co-workers
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNAugust 22, 2012
The day to day routine was too repetitive for me. Greet and Check patients in, print charts for appointments, make follow up appointments, empty and fill inter office mail bins.
There was not any challenge until I was able to move around from clinic to clinic.
And when positions were avaliable for advancements, there was not an inter office website that would post the open positions. You had to look on a job website for advancement positions. By the time I did hear about them, they were already filled.
For me, I just need more responsibilites and challenges. But otherwise all of my coworkers were very friendly.
Pros
i got to travel to different clinics to fill in for other receptionists

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Orthopedics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8