Summit Orthopedics Employee Reviews

working for summit ortho has been a wonder experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVJuly 19, 2017
Working for Summit Orthopedics was a great experience that got me interested in office work, the management was wonderful, & I learned to work with insurance companies for authorizations.

I also learned great patient interaction & many things that will help me at another company.
Poor work environment and support
Physician Assistant - Certified (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJuly 4, 2017
No work-life balance, very little respect, poor management. Frequent changes to hours and job roles without prior discussion. No involvement in changes to job. No opportunity for advancement.
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNApril 13, 2017
Summit is a great place to work. Summit is a very fast paced and fast growing orthopedics clinic. Staff has a great sense of team work and good communication.
Staff are expected to work beyond scheduled hours almost daily
RN Operating Room (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 2, 2017
Breaks are few and far between. Middle management is "uninvolved". Staff basically run their own departments. Many staff are overwhelmed and cannot fully perform their job due to too many expectations. Surgery schedule has "no limits"-cases are added to the schedule even though they will go into the evening hours-management just leaves staff to deal with the late hours themselves. Many short cuts are taken in order to keep up the super fast pace. If you have no life outside of work, then this is the place to be!
Pros
They feel guilty and frequently buy us lunch that we hardly have time to eat
Good environment
OR Circulating Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNMarch 29, 2017
I like working here. The company is growing which has its pains. The management is overwhelmed but the docs are great. However, because it is physician owned it is easy to feel like a cog in a wheel.
Pros
Clean, fee parking, good coworkers.
Cons
Long days with little break time. Absent management.
Overall a fine place to work.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 8, 2017
Very fast paced work environment. There's some uncertain aspects about the future of the company. At Landmark surgery center, the lease will be up and we don't know where we are being located.
Okay place
Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 5, 2017
Summit is an okay place to work. They need to work on communication with staff as they make changes but do not inform staff. The expect a lot of hours from staff and never say thanks.
Knowledgable people
Certified Surgical First Assistant (Current Employee) –  MNJanuary 29, 2017
Just no opportunity for advancement, seems surgeons are preoccupied with making money. No tuition reimbursements or incentives to keep up with the ever changing climate of healthcare.
Summit Orthopedics
Registered Nurse in the Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJanuary 6, 2017
Great place to work. People are friendly. Work/life balance is off and unsustainable. Managers generally willing to work with you. Free parking. Co workers are great.
Great Atmosphere and patient care
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNNovember 16, 2016
The atmosphere at work is one of kindness and laughing. The care given to patients is great and the patients are always commenting on how great the care at the facility is. Typically we will see anywhere from 10 to 30 patients a day in our pain management clinic. I learn new things from our doctors every day. The management is fast for compliments on our care. My co-workers are amazing and help each other out. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help everybody. Sometimes what the patient needs is not something that we can do with an injection. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with all the patients.
Pros
Paid parking in the garage
Cons
Short breaks
Fantastic Staffmates
HIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNOctober 5, 2016
Everyone who works here is always so happy. Management is understanding of personal lives and takes care of it's employees. Occasionally they hand out food freebies (McDonald's Shamrock shakes, candy bars, etc).
Pros
Occasional free lunches, breaks, great benefits
Cons
Enjoyable workplace and very kind employees
Radiology (Current Employee) –  MNSeptember 22, 2016
Enjoyable and rewarding place to work. Coworkers are friendly and always willing to help with anything. Management is great and company is overall very organized. Benefits are nice and getting time off is usually granted. There are always shifts to pick up. However, there is no shift differential for working weekends or nights.
Pros
Friendly coworkers and flexible hours
Cons
No shift differential
Working with Summit
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 24, 2016
It was a great experience just looking to improve my skills and achieve my goals as a mother and a working professional. My co worker are the best i couldn't ask for a better team to work with.
Pros
Free Lunch most days off approved
Cons
Prejudice
Great Company
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNMarch 24, 2016
Summit Orthopedics is a great company to work for. There are a lot of very positive and friendly individuals that are willing to help others as we are all part of one big team. The management is dedicated to expanding the practice and really goes above and beyond to show their appreciation to their employees.
Flexible schedule is the best feature
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNMarch 13, 2016
I get a fairly flexible schedule, and the work load is manageable. However, the tasks are very repetitive, and it often feels like the software is working against me. I also received very little training. I would be hesitant to advance my career here even if they wanted me to.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay, poor software
Fun place to work with wonderful people
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNFebruary 17, 2016
Work days go by quickly and co-workers are a pleasure to work with. Fun activities planned by management on occasion along with interactive family activities once a year.
Cons
No room for advancement
Fast paced growing company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJanuary 16, 2016
Fast paced growing company. High quality surgeons, great clinic environment, energetic group, combined services for ease of access
Great management team
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNOctober 27, 2014
The manager's are very friendly, and care a lot about their employees. Very easy to get time off, manager's will put in a lot of OT just to make sure you can have time off. My only complaint is that there is way too much paper work to be given out and way to much to do just to check in a patient. Lot's of disgruntled patient's due to all the work. Oh, and the insurance is WAY too expensive per pay check.
Pros
Great management team, Decent pay.
Cons
Insurance is way too expensive.
Contract work in corporate office, cleaning up corporate files.
Executive Assistant to CEO and CFO (Interim) (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNOctober 2, 2014
Learned a great deal about the inner workings of a physician-run surgical group.
Hardest part of the job: I was a contractor.
Co-workers were mixed: some were very helpful, others were totally indifferent and used closeness to physicians to gain their objectives.
Pros
Most enjoyable aspect: ability to clean up corporate files.
Cons
Physicians assistants and their agendas.
new managment
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJune 11, 2014
When I started there they it was not super busy and they had an excellent manager but then she left and they appointed a nurse to her position and it just wasn't the same. Almost all the staff left. I was ready for a change,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Orthopedics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9