Summit Polymers, Inc. Employee Reviews

Decent job
Operator Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KY 42701February 8, 2017
I operated the equipment producing HOT plastic parts for truck. People were friendly, was a decent place to work. I applied for another position in the financial department.
Pros
Good opportunity
Cons
Have to stay at the machine, no sitting down
Great place to work with competitive wages
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIJanuary 23, 2017
I've been employed at summit for close to four years, it has been a great place of opportunity and always has chances for advancements throughout.The management is solid, and definitely allows employees to assist, and be a part of the production process.
Pros
great pay for entry level positions
Cons
occasional weekend work
Very productive.. Great place and people
Press Operator / paint booth operator/quality (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 27, 2016
I enjoyed working at summit polymers. It was a great learning experience . If you are willing to learn they are willing to teach. The supervisors and team leaders are always there when you need them. Any situation is handled fast and on point.
good
LV3 INJECTION MOLDING PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, KYNovember 29, 2016
was a good hob to start out in molding with learned alot enjoyed my time alot nice people lots of training good overtime lots of good people
Totally unappreciative
Employee (Current Employee) –  Portage, MINovember 18, 2016
Horrible place higher ups have no concept of what the jobs entail, just add more and more work, but no more pay for regular employees, management can get bonuses SURPRISE! They don't appreciate or respect their employees. Only place I've ever worked where they want the employees to be unhappy.
Pros
Decent health insurance, paid personal time
Cons
Stress and being treated like poo
Lean manufacturer
Purchasing Coordinator/Production Scheduler/MRO (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, MI 49091November 17, 2016
There is a wide variety of tasks each day to complete. This is a lean manufacturing company, where I learned about how to produce a high volume of product with a minimal amount of materials and keep a low volume of finished products on hand.
Pros
very good benefits
Cons
at times, high pressure
It's a fun and friendly work inviorement
Finishing 2 (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MINovember 1, 2016
I liked working there it was always busy and the people there are great it is a fast paced work environment I was a temp there I was not hired in yet.
Pros
Good timed breaks
Cons
They layed slot of people off
Worst place I ever expirienced!
Might as well be a nobody (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MIOctober 29, 2016
They don't care how you are being treated. they're ridiculously high rates. Siriously ALL they care about.

Hate this place.
Pros
Nope the $ isnt evan worth it!
Cons
Hating your Life
Not a good place to work
Hand Painter (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MIOctober 26, 2016
Don't work at Summit, unless you want to be treated like another number. All Summit Polymers cares about is the products that they make. Their is no room to move up, and all the employees are on drugs
Cons
short breaks, mean bosses, and drugged out employees
bad management
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, KYOctober 24, 2016
The assembly manager does nothing but play on his phone and good off with his former KDMK buddy. He knows nothing that goes on with the assemly lines because hes too busy trying to play the "bigger" guy or too busy playing games, I'm not sure which one yet Corporate needs to investigate and see what kind of so called manager they have running the assembly lines. When people try to approach him with a question or concern, he belittles them and shows no respect because I personally think he just don't know the answer or he doesn't care. I'm not the only one who thinks this either, others are just too scared to lose their jobs if they say anything, because he has proven retaliation many times in the short time he has been there. I've just finally had enough and thought the truth should be put out there
Other than assembly, its a GREAT place to work.
Pros
money
Cons
disrespectful
Productive work place.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Portage, MISeptember 14, 2016
A steady pace job. Need to be able to stand and stay focused for long periods of time. fairly well management and great benefits. friendly co workers. I would say hardest part of the job was standing for 8 or more hours. besides the job was fairly easy going. I enjoyed my co workers and the satisfaction I gave my supervisor when performing an excellent job.
Pros
Great bebefits
Cons
Short breaks
Very hot but productive
Asembler (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MIAugust 13, 2016
it was a very fast paced job, fastest production line I have ever experienced. The hardest part was keeping up. It was very hot. if you don't get the job. they'll MAKE you!
Pros
nice pay.
Cons
Late hours, very hot
The hardest part of the job
Production Operator/Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 3, 2016
The hardest part of the job was making sure that we made enough parts to make production especially when the machines would break down.
Repetative work
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MIJuly 31, 2016
The hardest part of this job is finding what jobs youre good at and picking up the speed required to make rate. As many places ive worked I'm not so impressed with the management.
Great job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MIJuly 29, 2016
Summit was a great job only left due to new job paying more money. The people were very helpful while I learned the job. Easy job but quick pace.
Work experience
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MIJuly 29, 2016
Its a good and safe place to work. I just wish it was full time. I learned how to deal with people even though they might like you and agree with each other.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad attendence policy
Work style
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 21, 2016
The job wasn't too difficult, most of the problems were production not doing their own job the right way.
there is money that can be made here
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIJune 5, 2016
Job isn't bad at all. There is some money to be made here if you wanted to make a long time thing out of it. Most of the people are really cool. Management is not great that is one drawback.
Pros
money
Running alot of machines
Molding Operator (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MIMay 11, 2016
Running more than one machine was very challenging but not too bad.Making sure parts are good and ready to pack was the main goal.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Running more than one machine
Productive Workplace; Surrounded by good people
Engineering Specialist - Paint (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 30, 2016
Great people who make it a fun environment to work in.
Great opportunity for advancement.
Always something new to get experience in.
Pros
Fair and Competative Compentsation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Polymers, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.