Summit Polymers, Inc.

Summit Polymers, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Manufacturing atmosphere with large focus on quality
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee), Portage, MINovember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits are very good
Working for the manufacturing plant allowed me to gain experience in different areas and to expand my knowledge of the manufacturing field.
Not bad for a factory
Forklift Operator Manufacturing utility (Former Employee), Vicksburg, MINovember 17, 2014
Pros: discounts at meijers
Cons: short or no breks
One of the cleanest factories I have ever worked at. Hardest part of the job was dealing with many different dept. heads all with different personalities
Temp Agency
Assembly & Machine Operator (Former Employee), Portage, MINovember 5, 2014
It's a temp agency and a lot of times they send you from job to job, but they will keep you working; just not hired in.
Enjoyable job but no home life.
Quality Auditor (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: health and dental, vacation, 401k
Cons: overtime
I enjoy my job very much. It is rewarding, challenging, and I love that I get to interact with people and give them advice and direction. I have learned how to address issues with people and stay very professional and friendly although, in this position, it is common for people to get upset. I have obtained leadership skills, excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and I have learned to work independently, without supervision. This job has helped me become more confident, since I make difficult decisions daily, and people come to me with questions that I dont always have the answers to. The most difficult part of my job is that I work 3rd shift. I get very little time with regular production members, so I am sometimes not informed that a defect was approved or that something was rejected. I also work alot of overtime, which some people prefer overtime so its not necessarily a con of this job. You do have plenty of call-in days, vacation, and paid personal time.
very productive and respectable place of employment
Team Member (Former Employee), Vicksburg, MIJuly 29, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits are great
Cons: mandatory weekends sometimes
Summit is a very safe place to work. they carry a great reputation for employer to employee communication and interact well
Great starter company
Human Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), Portage, MIJuly 22, 2014
Pros: minimal gossip
Cons: culture not really inviting
This is a great starter company. It is privately owned/operated. The opportunities for advancement for engineering positions are great. Opportunities for HR advancement are not great.
Horrible place
Paint line tech (Former Employee), Mount Sterling, KYJuly 9, 2014
Too many drug addicts working there. Its a bad place for normal human beings to work bc so many drug dealers.
Sucked
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMay 20, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: everything but decent benefits
Will work you to the bone and pay you decent but should pay more for your labor! Management has terrible attitudes like there head of the company.
Was a great successful opportunity
Receiving Manager (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYMay 14, 2014
Pros: daily challenge
Cons: delay in getting material on time by supplier
Worked close with customer and production to get a lean manufacturing setting and have success with suppliers in making it happen.
Successful company with much room for growth.
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Vicksburg, MIApril 1, 2014
Rapidly growing company with a strong future ahead. Privately owned, no union. Friendly employees both on the floor and in the office. Pay is competitive and benefits meet most criteria.
Quality Control Inspector
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), Mount Sterling, KYMarch 29, 2014
Pros: great pay, very friendly staff, lunches and breaks always on time.
Cons: labor intensive, no talking, no air conditioning
I get paid well for the work I do. All of the employees are extremely pleasant, management is wonderful, I have not had a bad experience, but factory work is not for me. The hardest part of the job is the job itself. It is very labor intensive. At the end of the night, my entire body hurts.
Left unhappy
Toolmaker (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: good pay and benifits
Cons: too many clueless people calling shots
Started out as a good experience but about a year into it everything changed. Plant politics loomed large and those who had enough time in are easily ably to take advantage and do. I lost most if not all of the respect I had for the upper management.
Steady work
Paint Booth/Assembly (Former Employee), Vicksburg, MIFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: good pay and steady work
Cons: hot in the summer
It is a good place to work for steady hours and good pay. I learned to operate a paint booth, and do assembly work.
Fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
l love to work at that place but they closed their doors and had to find new emplyment
Productive and fun
Parts Operator (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 14, 2014
Cons: short breaks.
Building Parts for automotive companies. Gives you some skills. Management is okay. Co-Workers are Awesome. Hardest part of my job is leaving my kids. The most enjoyable part of it is the money.
Not a good place
Various positions (Current Employee), Mount Sterling, KYJanuary 1, 2014
Good people,but not a good place to work. Too many Chiefs and not enough indians.
Factory work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Sturgis, MINovember 26, 2013
Pros: lunch hour, pay, benefits
I worked first shift at Summit. Management made sure I knew exactly what I was doing before I started doing a task.It was simple assembly work and boxing and making shipping labels. People were friendly and worked well with others.
Great place to work, good pay
Assembly/Paint Booth Operator (Former Employee), Shelbyville, TNNovember 8, 2013
Pros: good pay rate, full time
Cons: mandatory overtime
You always have something to do on a work day. Overtime mandatory. The company recently shut down and moved to Kentucky. Here you mold, assemble,paint, and ship vehicle parts for numurous auto companies. There is a wide variety of job duties to be preformed daily. There are three shifts.
Co-workers
Molding Supervisor (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYOctober 7, 2013
Pros: the employees out on the floor.
Cons: upper management not having a back bone.
Every employee that works out on the floor is the best thing about this company! The upper management really needs to work on getting out on the floor and really finding out what happens and getting some hands on experience.
its a fun work place with good manegment
Mold Operator (Current Employee), Portage, MISeptember 25, 2013
Pros: good managment
Cons: short brackes
a typical work day is fun but we make sure to get our work done on time at the right time co-worker and management are fun to be around

1 2 3