Summit Racing Equipment Employee Reviews in United States

Fast pace work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 7, 2016
Requires great customer service. Large daily cash amounts. Work fast and efficient. Learn a lot about car parts and repair.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Retail hours
You are just a statistic to this company. Not a person
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVFebruary 1, 2016
Mandatory Overtime for 2/3 of the year. Avg. employee works for Summit Racing for less than 2 years. You are treated as a number on a spreadsheet.
Pros
Benefits, Discounts
Cons
They will write you up if you take 1 minute over any break. They treat you like a slave
A great place to learn new ideas and express creativity
Retail Salesman Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 26, 2016
A typical work day at Summit Racing Equipment is fun and exciting when learning new products in the racing industry. Innovative parts and designs to increase popularity in the racing world as well as the custom hot rod culture.
Decent benefits package, conservative management style
Phone Sales Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJune 1, 2015
Its a call center job, you should know that first. If you like talking to people on the phone all day long then it might be for you. The job requires a great deal of technical expertise for a mediocre starting wage. The careers paths in Sparks, NV are very limited and you could be doing the same job for many years.They also require approximately 200 hours of mandatory overtime annually. Because of this they have a huge turnover rate, almost 95% in the 8.5 years that I spent working there.
Pros
Cheap car parts
Cons
You have to take between 50- 100 calls a day. Mandatory overtime
Productive and fun workplace
Supply Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallmadge, OhioMarch 1, 2015
Phenomenal coworkers and management staff. The job is very monotonous, however the management does attempt to address this issue.
Perfect workplace for automotive enthusiasts
Entry Level Phone Sales (ELPS) (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GADecember 29, 2014
I am part of the ELPS team at Summit Racing Equipment, and I absolutely love my work environment. The training program was very thorough to where I feel completely competent in my abilities to perform the job at hand and then some.

The training is like a college-level course on the job and technical information about potential questions, but if you come into this job with the motivation to learn about vehicles and pursue a career in the automotive industry, time will fly by. I've always been a car enthusiast, but in the time I've spent with Summit Racing Equipment I've learned more about how a car actually works than I have in my entire life.

Management is very personable and there is no intimidation factor because I feel and understand that they are there to help me succeed. My relationship with management and my team leaders is very friendly and I look forward to continuing to progress with their assist. Even when it comes to critiques (because nobody can do everything perfectly) as long as you take their advice with a grain of salt, you'll never feel singled out or offended.

The hardest part of the job for me is trying to keep myself from comparing my performance to that of the people far more senior than I am. With me though, that is just my naturalistic trait of shooting for perfection and meeting as well as exceeding expectations of being the young "Dexter", but in time I am sure that I will have my own routine that doesn't overshadow anybody else's, but makes me stand apart as an individual and help me continue to progress and succeed in making this career something
  more... that I will always look forward to.

In my final thoughts, if you have the opportunity to work for this company, JUMP ON IT. Give everything you do everything you've got and you'll be sure to succeed. Working for Summit has been the best experience of my life, and I love the feeling of motivation I have to come in to work every day. Trust me, I am NOT a morning person, but I am absolutely motivated to come in to work every single day.

From one car enthusiast to another, I wish you the best of luck in your pursuit of beginning a career with Summit Racing Equipment
Pros
thorough training, exceptional benefits, personable management, positive and productive work environment.
Cons
occasional gossip between coworkers, just stay away from this aspect
Excellent company culture which fosters an environment of teamwork and engagement which translates to a positive customer experience.
Retail/Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 16, 2014
Summit is big on servant leadership. This means that in management, you are there to remove obstacles, engage the staff, and find innovative ways to make the team's job more productive.

The hardest part of my job would be the lack of advancement because of the long tenure of management at Summit Racing. This can also be seen as a positive, for consistency's sake.
Pros
great work environment, one team, one dream!
Cons
lack of advancement, i.t. was behind the times.
A good starting Job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tallamadge, OhioNovember 19, 2014
On a typical day at work I would go in for 10 hours and run a machine called a stockpicker and pick parts to be packed which would then be shipped out to customers. Management was friendly and very willing to work around my school schedule. I learned how to work in a team environment and how to meet a production standard. The hardest part of the job was that it was very monotonous. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new parts of the warehouse's production system.
Pros
yearly bonuses, 401k
Cons
long shifts
Leading Speed Shop
Returns Utility 1 (Current Employee) –  Tallmadge, OHNovember 6, 2014
Summit Racing is an awesome place to work whether one is starting out working or has been employed for years. Summit has a way of taking care of one's employees. There is room for advancement and the staff in understanding and show compassion to their customers and workers. The hardest part of the job is meeting all the goals of the organization with minimal people. The enjoyable part of the job is everyone get along and we work as a team.
Pros
#1 speed shop
Cons
extended hours
Pick/Pack
Pick/Pack (Current Employee) –  Tallmadge, OHNovember 4, 2014
go in start the job. do your job leave the job. rinse and repeat.
Phone Sales
Entry Level Phone Sales (Former Employee) –  Tallmadge, OHOctober 7, 2014
Chained to a desk
Must get permission to use the restroom
Poor employee treatment
Productive and laid back work environment. Great People.
Merchandising Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallmadge OhioJuly 5, 2014
Typically work several reports reporting on particular markets, or products and relay the results to upper management.

Spend a good amount of time working with Excel and several functions within the program. Specialists bring in new vendors and I would assist in getting complete information of what the company wants to distribute through our company.

Analyze reports looking for trends or anything unusual and either fix or report them back to the appropriate sources.

I was also in charge of the samples we receive from manufacturers as well as cataloging.
bad place to work
picker (Former Employee) –  Tallmadge, OHMarch 7, 2014
the management has no idea whats going on and whos doing what where
Pros
discount parts
Cons
management
Productive, picker/packer
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GaJune 6, 2013
Picked 80 items an hour. Packed 300 pieces a day. I enjoyed working in this fast rate capacity.
All around horrible company
senior salesman (Current Employee) –  Reno NevadaApril 28, 2013
The managment cannot do the job at which they are managing. They knit pick at employees who are actually selling product but dont hit certain "phone time percentages". All and all a horrible place to work. I loved cars and the aftermarket car industry when I started and now I hate everything about it. If you want to work at the "walmart" thats Summit. I wouldn't recommend this company to your worst enemy after 2yrs it caused stress and anxeity and the need for a therapist. They pay ok because thats the only way people stay and benifits are ok they should cover the employess total cost but they are cheap too. So by all means skip this place if you want to enjoy your job and life!
Pros
semi ok benifits
Cons
every other aspect is horrible and not worth it

Comment – June 23, 2013

This place is a total burnout factory.The manager and supervisor have no clue how to manage people. The job itself can be ok if it where not for the huge amount of overtime and constent nitpicking and micromanaging. If you value your sanity and your free time, stay away from this place.

rewarded for hard work.
Level 2 Receiving (Current Employee) –  Tallmadge, OHApril 12, 2013
For the past year, I worked very hard and was rewarded for it. I'm coming up on my fourth raise, and just received a promotion a couple months ago.
Pros
great, affordable benefits; decent pay
Cons
long hours during busy season
Not for the Office Politics challenged
Senior Phone Sales (Former Employee) –  Tallmadge, OHMarch 21, 2013
This company is the most "cliqued out" place i've ever worked. If you don't mind being a chamaleon both inside and outside the company to climb the corperate ladder, you may find a home there.
Pros
clean, well kept facilities
Cons
no respect for tenure or life experience
good place
call center rep (Former Employee) –  tallmadge, ohioJanuary 3, 2013
some days fast and some days slow
learned more about car parts
management was always there when you needed help
most of the co workers were nice to work with
hardest part was staying as calm as you can when customers start yelling at you for stupid things
the most enjoyable part was making the customers happy
I like working in a car place like Summit Racing
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GADecember 17, 2012
Learned to work on Convieors Packing equipment form Cowork.Management supervisor floors stripping and waxing. No hard part the most enjoyable the Cars
Pros
work in store
Cons
for me the pay
Excellent, positive workplace
Sr. Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Tallmadge, OHDecember 13, 2012
The most enjoyable part of my job at Summit Racing was the education I recieved in advanced automotive technology. Also, the relationships I developed with my co-workers.