Summit Racing Equipment Employee Reviews

Great company
Customer Service & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 24, 2017
Great company, intense training, They compensate really good, great benefits. They make sure you are prepared and train proficiently so that you ca handle task effectively. Great opportunity!!
Great discounts
Senior Phone Sales (Former Employee) –  Tallmadge, OHApril 7, 2017
Summit had very good discounts on products and great benefits. The pay was okay for the amount of education required. It really was fun to talk to the customers about their cars and help them pick out the parts.
Pros
Good benefits, great discounts on parts, cool people to work with.
Cons
Worked most Saturdays during the summer and 9 or 10 hours as well.
Call center was a great place
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 17, 2017
Call center in summit is a great place if you want to grow in the posistion. I was more a person of warehouse since i started working but summit give me the opportunity over 100 peole the applied i got hired. Pleasure to work for them but hard to get in.
Productive workplace
Warehouse Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tallmadge, OHDecember 12, 2016
Summit has a great and efficient workplace, and a professional manner. I always felt safe at work as well, people were very friendly and outgoing. The management team was great and very helpful and flexible as well
Fast Paced, fun atmosphere GREAT management !
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallmadge, OHNovember 22, 2016
My experience at Summit Racing was great. They had amazing managers who always had an open door if you needed anything, great co workers, Great benefits and pay. If I had another option I would of stayed! All around great company BUT the hours were a little hectic almost 10-12 hour days on average and busy season meant mandatory over time. Great company though, even though the hours and OT sucked at times i still would of stayed.
Pros
Pay benefits management atmosphere.
Cons
Mandatory OT
Overall a great place of employment
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 15, 2016
Summit Racing Equipment has been a challenging and fulfilling place to work. Ther.e are many avenues for growth and advancement
Pros
Great Manager/Employee relationships
Exciting long hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 23, 2016
Crazy work schedules. No time to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Not much management involvement until you do something wrong.
Great place to work, but old fashioned management
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Tallmadge, OHJune 10, 2016
Pros:

The work/life balance can't be beat
Great people to work with
Great benefits
Job stability

Cons:

No option to work-at-home
Stuffy and old fashioned management
A great job
Maintenance Assisting (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAMay 31, 2016
Conduet buiding /Inspections assisting in maintaining forklift batteries and conveyors also executed strippeing waxeing all fioors and carpet cieaning
Pros
See great cars
Cons
location
Productive and intense work place.
Team Leader Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 25, 2016
Great company. The provide their customers with valued service and really value the saying "The Customer is always right". The training is really intense is a eight week training course on different variable relating to cars. Great benefits and compensation for employees. Good company.
Pros
Great atmosphere and benefits.
Cons
State that the hours are consistent put they are not.
Fast pace work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 7, 2016
Requires great customer service. Large daily cash amounts. Work fast and efficient. Learn a lot about car parts and repair.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Retail hours
You are just a statistic to this company. Not a person
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVFebruary 1, 2016
Mandatory Overtime for 2/3 of the year. Avg. employee works for Summit Racing for less than 2 years. You are treated as a number on a spreadsheet.
Pros
Benefits, Discounts
Cons
They will write you up if you take 1 minute over any break. They treat you like a slave
A great place to learn new ideas and express creativity
Retail Salesman Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 26, 2016
A typical work day at Summit Racing Equipment is fun and exciting when learning new products in the racing industry. Innovative parts and designs to increase popularity in the racing world as well as the custom hot rod culture.
Decent benefits package, conservative management style
Phone Sales Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJune 1, 2015
Its a call center job, you should know that first. If you like talking to people on the phone all day long then it might be for you. The job requires a great deal of technical expertise for a mediocre starting wage. The careers paths in Sparks, NV are very limited and you could be doing the same job for many years.They also require approximately 200 hours of mandatory overtime annually. Because of this they have a huge turnover rate, almost 95% in the 8.5 years that I spent working there.
Pros
Cheap car parts
Cons
You have to take between 50- 100 calls a day. Mandatory overtime
Productive and fun workplace
Supply Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallmadge, OhioMarch 1, 2015
Phenomenal coworkers and management staff. The job is very monotonous, however the management does attempt to address this issue.
Perfect workplace for automotive enthusiasts
Entry Level Phone Sales (ELPS) (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GADecember 29, 2014
I am part of the ELPS team at Summit Racing Equipment, and I absolutely love my work environment. The training program was very thorough to where I feel completely competent in my abilities to perform the job at hand and then some.

The training is like a college-level course on the job and technical information about potential questions, but if you come into this job with the motivation to learn about vehicles and pursue a career in the automotive industry, time will fly by. I've always been a car enthusiast, but in the time I've spent with Summit Racing Equipment I've learned more about how a car actually works than I have in my entire life.

Management is very personable and there is no intimidation factor because I feel and understand that they are there to help me succeed. My relationship with management and my team leaders is very friendly and I look forward to continuing to progress with their assist. Even when it comes to critiques (because nobody can do everything perfectly) as long as you take their advice with a grain of salt, you'll never feel singled out or offended.

The hardest part of the job for me is trying to keep myself from comparing my performance to that of the people far more senior than I am. With me though, that is just my naturalistic trait of shooting for perfection and meeting as well as exceeding expectations of being the young "Dexter", but in time I am sure that I will have my own routine that doesn't overshadow anybody else's, but makes me stand apart as an individual and help me continue to progress and succeed in making this career
  more... something that I will always look forward to.

In my final thoughts, if you have the opportunity to work for this company, JUMP ON IT. Give everything you do everything you've got and you'll be sure to succeed. Working for Summit has been the best experience of my life, and I love the feeling of motivation I have to come in to work every day. Trust me, I am NOT a morning person, but I am absolutely motivated to come in to work every single day.

From one car enthusiast to another, I wish you the best of luck in your pursuit of beginning a career with Summit Racing Equipment
Pros
Thorough training, exceptional benefits, personable management, positive and productive work environment.
Cons
Occasional gossip between coworkers, just stay away from this aspect
Excellent company culture which fosters an environment of teamwork and engagement which translates to a positive customer experience.
Retail/Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 16, 2014
Summit is big on servant leadership. This means that in management, you are there to remove obstacles, engage the staff, and find innovative ways to make the team's job more productive.

The hardest part of my job would be the lack of advancement because of the long tenure of management at Summit Racing. This can also be seen as a positive, for consistency's sake.
Pros
Great work environment, one team, one dream!
Cons
Lack of advancement, I.T. was behind the times.
A good starting Job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tallamadge, OhioNovember 19, 2014
On a typical day at work I would go in for 10 hours and run a machine called a stockpicker and pick parts to be packed which would then be shipped out to customers. Management was friendly and very willing to work around my school schedule. I learned how to work in a team environment and how to meet a production standard. The hardest part of the job was that it was very monotonous. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new parts of the warehouse's production system.
Pros
Yearly bonuses, 401k
Cons
long shifts
Leading Speed Shop
Returns Utility 1 (Current Employee) –  Tallmadge, OHNovember 6, 2014
Summit Racing is an awesome place to work whether one is starting out working or has been employed for years. Summit has a way of taking care of one's employees. There is room for advancement and the staff in understanding and show compassion to their customers and workers. The hardest part of the job is meeting all the goals of the organization with minimal people. The enjoyable part of the job is everyone get along and we work as a team.
Pros
#1 Speed shop
Cons
extended hours
Pick/Pack
Pick/Pack (Current Employee) –  Tallmadge, OHNovember 4, 2014
go in start the job. do your job leave the job. rinse and repeat.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Racing Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval