Summit Security Services

Summit Security Services Employee Reviews

not fun to workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee), Union, NJJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: only free lunch
Cons: short break
no benefits, no promotion even though you ve been working for years
productive
CORPORATE SECURITY OFFICER AT JP MORGAN CHASE (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 16, 2014
Not a bad place to work for. Friendly, professional environment
Okay job
Security guard (Current Employee), Rockleigh, NJNovember 22, 2014
Pros: easy job no action
Cons: bad handling employees and always short on guards
they put you in far away locations always short on guards when need to take time off. i never called out yet just when i want to call in sick they never seem to have coverage for me.
fun but need to pay more money for things that they have you doing
Security Officer (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYOctober 28, 2014
Pros: sometimes we get free lunch
at summit I learned how to use the cctv camera and also I got to meet a lot of celebraties and how to use the fire board and control the smoke and alarm systems and go on and off line in the buildings security system.
Interactive Environment
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee), New York, N.Y.October 17, 2014
Pros: interacting with different people.
Cons: short working hours.
A typical day would be directing visitors to proper departments, distributing mail throughout the office, filing paperwork and maintaining a high level of security for staff.
I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Security Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 8, 2014
Pros: very reliable and outstanding 7am-3pm officer.
Cons: human resources never acknowledged requests for anything.
Management did not seem to care about the problems and concerns of the employees at my assigned site. We had no input into how security could and should have been improved at the site. I had to train every officer that came to the site. They lacked report writing skills. Every 11pm-7am officer did not know how to properly enter the shift on the timesheet. The 11pm-7am officers did not know the meaning of punctuality.
Summit Security
Security Officer (Current Employee), New York Metro AreaAugust 4, 2014
Cons: none.
A great place to work. I was a floater so I got to experience different work settings and I learned a lot.
great job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Melville, NYJuly 13, 2014
Pros: good people, co workers great, good management
Cons: certain sites are bad
great job pay to start is horrible but if you stay in a while it goes up to a decent price. however now i hear they start at 15.00 for certain sites
Not what I told to expect
Security officer (Current Employee), New York, nyJune 4, 2014
Pros: immediate hire
Cons: low pay and horrible job culture.
Summit security gets average $30 per man and pays workers $10-$12 and doesn't provide the proper equipment. They don't hire non experience guard and pay the experience guard bottom dollar. Only recommend this company if can't find work elsewhere.
I enjoy working with this company
Concierge (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2014
I have been with Summit for ten years. To be honest all jobs have their ups and down. With Summit it wasn't that bad.
An abundance of brilliant minds and positive energy from building patrons.
Corporate Concierge (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 2, 2014
Pros: being given recognition and ackolades for the effort and attention that i focuse towards clients.
Cons: no health insurance benefits and little room for finincial and personal growth.
A typical day as corporate concierge involves psychical labor but most importantly psychological preparedness. Secondly, I maintain a professional, cordial and optimistic demeanor at all times. I find myself be a pocket sized personal assistant when it comes to the tenants. I provided services that help and ensure that a clients workload is simplified by providing them with assistance with out going parcels, phone calls, guest clearance, pampering of their guest and much more.
Good pay cinsidering most Security companies dont even pay $10
Security Guard (Current Employee), Suffolk County NYMarch 22, 2014
Pros: dont have to wait on another guard, 9-5 in a security field is golden .
Cons: no health insurance, paid days off, etc
Got a nice gig 9-5 at a County building , share same descriptions with local police and county police . So nice co-workers and nobody talks down on you . Got a nice routine down and everybody likes to work with you .
good place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYMarch 14, 2014
good place to start security job.... the pay is not bad at all
fun place with oppurtunity for growth
Security Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 22, 2014
a typical day at work is fast pace and fun.

I've learned how to use security camera systems

my co-workers are nice and helpful
Productive wokplace with a bunch of people I get along with
Security Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2013
Pros: being somewhere on time
Cons: never trying to be late for an appointment
Everyone that comes into the office remember to say good morning. I have learned a great deal from this company I have been working there for the last pass eleven years. What I learned at this company I can teach another security officer. My co-worker are friendly. I would not mind being apart of management one day. The hardest part of the b is saying goodnight everynight to my fellow employees. The most enjoying part of my good is leaving for lunch at lunchtime.
Security Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 6, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare
Occasionally assist with special events, and emergencies and worked closely with security supervisor and museum staff.
Summit is a okay company..but once your at yoour site. summit does not keep in contact with you.There very slow at getting the job done.
Security Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 3, 2013
Pros: the pay was good
Cons: lack of communication and work ethics
I have worked for Summit Security Services for 2 years. I have never had any major problems with Summit. Except, That their very slow with paper work. I had taken 3 months off work for surgery. I was in the 32BJ union , When i came back to work i was still paying union dues and Summit did not submit my return papers back to 32BJ.I went to the doctor and had no benefits that hurt. On, top of that i renewed my license and summit never submitted the paper work to my site and I lost my site.Now,I'm looking for another security position
A good place to gain experience.
Security Officer/ Fire Safety Director (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 7, 2013
Working for Summit Security Services is a great way to gain experience for improving your career options.
goood to relate with others.
Security guard at Columbia University (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 22, 2013
Pros: all that is necessary for the professional conduct of healthy business environment is welcome.
Highly competent in management and professional skills.Very hard working and ability to cooperate with team workers to prosecute a given task.
Fast pace nice environment to work in.
Security Officer (Current Employee), ABC Inc. world headquartersJune 7, 2013
Patrol and collection of log sheets throughout property. Protection of employees, property and patrons. Control access of main lobbies on property.

Summit Security Services Salaries