Summit Security Services Employee Reviews

A job of consistency
Security Officer for Metro North (Former Employee) –  North White Plains, NYJanuary 27, 2017
A by the books tough company that doesn't hold your hands, consistency and professionalism are a standard, and a equal opportunity kind of environment.
Job site has gossip and hR don't care about workers conditions
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  John F. Kennedy Airport, NYSeptember 10, 2016
Worst company to work with, you get hired immediately however, on the job site seems the Supervisors abuse the guards many times and get away with it.
Pros
Cons
Some posts are not as hectic
It's at very proactive place to work.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2016
In working in Summit Security I had an opportunity to work for ABC the view. In this job it was very hard on who was let in the building and making sure nobody touch the celebrity. The management of the job was really good for the reason being they always had your back.The hard of this job I must say is making sure fans don't get to close to the celebrity that work in the building. The best part about this job is that I meet new celebrity everyday.
Just a job.
Traffic Guard (Former Employee) –  Jfk airport, queens, nyJune 8, 2016
I worked for Summit at JGK for Terminal 5 (Jetblue). Not a bad company, , the hiring process was in the spot. They supply uniforms at no charge. They actually worked wih me in giving me a favorable schedule once I informed them that I had another job at the airport. The pay was $10.10/hr with weekly pay. I did part time at 30hrs a week. Really theonly con that I had wih all things considered is that management offered little notice when hey needed the guards to stay back. My scedule was from 7pm to 2am, its not cool to hear at 1:55a that they need you stay back an extra 30 mins to 1hr.
Pros
Weekly pay, easy hiring process
Cons
Short notice on being held back
aaaaaa
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fordham universityMarch 8, 2016
Very bad company People from human resources they care about their sites not the guard they don't care about the guards only for the money
Pros
aaaaa
Cons
aaaaa
Average
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 19, 2015
Average job. Pretty basic. Decent amount of red tape. People are cool and the pay is decent. Learned about transportation security.
One of the better Security Companies
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYOctober 14, 2015
Whatever Location you are sent to, be ready to work long hours. Depending on the location is how the job will be hard or easy going. Summit can be a decent job placement. My co-workers weren't the smartest of the bunch. It can be enjoyable if you don't let the hours get to you.
very hectic work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 12, 2015
i learned that one can be right and still get the dirty end of the stick. one of the hardest thing to do is to get customers and sometimes co-workers to operate in unison with one end goal in mind.
Pros
opportunity to interact and help various people from different ethnic and religious backgrounds
Cons
no benefits
No good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New York CityOctober 12, 2015
Security guarrds are disrepected by management, worthless to talk about it. They do not listen to the guards and don't care about any thing but the clients.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Plenty
Great place to meet new people.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  NY,NYAugust 19, 2015
The job it self was okay just depends on the contracts that you are working with which will dictate your pay. I enjoyed meeting new people everyday and everyone was easy to work with.
Pros
weekly pay
benefits
good place to apply if you are looking for a job
Security officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
Summit security is a good place to work if you like security but no benefits for the Security Guards
There is a lot you can learn about this job and you may be able to use that and move up to supervisor
Same old same old
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  NYJune 21, 2015
It is a place for people who are just coming into security but not the type of place for a person to stay for their career. It could be better but the same time it is one of those places that pays good so you just go and do it..
Pros
co-workers
Cons
mostly everything
not fun to workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJanuary 7, 2015
no benefits, no promotion even though you ve been working for years
Pros
only free lunch
Cons
short break
productive
CORPORATE SECURITY OFFICER AT JP MORGAN CHASE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 16, 2014
Not a bad place to work for. Friendly, professional environment
Okay job
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJNovember 22, 2014
they put you in far away locations always short on guards when need to take time off. i never called out yet just when i want to call in sick they never seem to have coverage for me.
Pros
easy job no action
Cons
bad handling employees and always short on guards
fun but need to pay more money for things that they have you doing
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 28, 2014
at summit I learned how to use the cctv camera and also I got to meet a lot of celebraties and how to use the fire board and control the smoke and alarm systems and go on and off line in the buildings security system.
Pros
sometimes we get free lunch
Interactive Environment
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, N.Y.October 17, 2014
A typical day would be directing visitors to proper departments, distributing mail throughout the office, filing paperwork and maintaining a high level of security for staff.
Pros
Interacting with different people.
Cons
Short working hours.
I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2014
Management did not seem to care about the problems and concerns of the employees at my assigned site. We had no input into how security could and should have been improved at the site. I had to train every officer that came to the site. They lacked report writing skills. Every 11pm-7am officer did not know how to properly enter the shift on the timesheet. The 11pm-7am officers did not know the meaning of punctuality.
Pros
Very reliable and outstanding 7am-3pm officer.
Cons
Human Resources never acknowledged requests for anything.
Summit Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New York Metro AreaAugust 4, 2014
A great place to work. I was a floater so I got to experience different work settings and I learned a lot.
Cons
None.
great job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 13, 2014
great job pay to start is horrible but if you stay in a while it goes up to a decent price. however now i hear they start at 15.00 for certain sites
Pros
good people, co workers great, good management
Cons
certain sites are bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7