Summit Security is seeking a qualified and enthusiastic candidate for the position of Account Manager, assigned to the San Diego office.
To apply: Reply with cover letter highlighting relevant experience with your resume and salary requirements
We are not accepting phone calls for this position
Responsible for providing effective leadership, direction and strategy for implementation of a variety of security services. The Account Manager collects and analyzes data to identify and evaluate operational challenges and drives toward viable solutions. The position is characterized by a high level of interpersonal activity, exercising sound judgment, personal accountability, planning, budgeting and processing of information.
Additionally, the Account Manager is responsible for many employees and multiple clients. Familiarity with a variety of field concepts, practices, and procedures is essential. Performance criteria are defined in terms of client satisfaction and retention, overtime control, and limited employee turnover. The position reports to the Vice President of Operations.
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
1-3 Years of management experience
Security experience a plus
CA Driver’s License and clean DMV record
Ability to lead an effective team that results in customer satisfaction, growth and profitability. Adapts to different situations on any given day and quickly makes effective decisions while evaluating all circumstances. Utilizes all tools and resources to maximize effectiveness. Key performance indicators include client satisfaction ratings, client retention, employee retention and overtime reduction.
Competency 1: Problem-Solving/Problem Prevention
- Skill in applying principles of logical and critical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively.
- Skill in planning and budget control.
- Knowledge of administrative requirements and procedures.
- Conscientiousness – Detail, foresight and planning.
- Cognitive ability; excellent perception, judgment and reasoning.
- Skill in negotiation.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations.
Competency 2: Leadership
- Ability to lead, train and develop an effective team.
- Skill in developing and maintaining customer relationships.
- Skill in developing and maintaining employee relationships.
- Extroverted and assertive.
- Open to constructive feedback and new experiences.
- Ability to make tough and unpopular decisions.
- A sense of urgency to meet schedules and timelines.
- Ability to make effective decisions in a timely manner under changing conditions.
- Ability to work in an autonomous environment with little supervision.
- Emotionally stable – remain calm under pressure.
Competency 3: Business Communications
- Skill in communicating effectively with customers and employees to obtain and provide complex information.
- Ability to persuade others through verbal and written communication.
- Skill in preparing reports.
- Skill in computer operations and the following software applications – MS Office, Internet Browsers, CRM.
Summit Security expects that the Account Manager focus on the following priorities:
1. Maintain customer relationships with all accounts assigned to their branch to ensure a high level of client retention.
2. Communicate regularly with customers to proactively monitor and improve service delivery.
3. Develop and maintain operational procedures and post orders for customers based on customer priorities.
4. Communicate customer concerns to security personnel and follow up to ensure consistent supervision.
5. Promote revenue growth by obtaining customer referrals and attending networking events.
6. Facilitate the forecasting of weekly schedules and approve all master schedule changes; assure appropriate staffing levels are in place
7. Manage supervisory staff to ensure proper supervision of security personnel assigned to your accounts. Facilitate performance management, including regular performance reviews and progressive discipline, as needed.
8. Review operational reports prior to payroll/billing processing to ensure proper payroll and billing to employees and clients.
9. Maximize job profitability by overseeing all operational aspects of service delivery. This includes but is not limited to managing unbilled payroll, seeking rate increases from low margin customers and managing patrol beats.
10. Develop an annual business plan and track key performance indicators.
11. Manage direct expenses associated with operational aspects of customer service.
12. Maintain equipment accountability for vehicles, PDAs, etc. assigned to your accounts.
13. Update and implement company policies and procedures; assure compliance by staff.
14. Coordinate with Human Resources on all work related injuries.
15. Respond to customer concerns after hours as required.
16. Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Operations.
- Full-time, salaried exempt
- Base compensation is based on experience, range $38,000-$42,000.
- Incentive program available based on key performance indicators.
- Eligible to participate in company medical insurance plan.
- Paid time off.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Negative result on pre-employment drug screen.
- Satisfactory result on reference check, criminal background check.
- Reliable method of transportation.