Please do not submit your resume without including a cover letter or comments that highlight your relevant skills and qualifications for this position. Prior supervisory experience is required.
Job Type: Full-time, salaried exempt
Salary: $33,280 - $35,000 (depends on experience and qualifications)
Shift: May vary: 8pm to 4am or 10pm to 6am (also on call)
Benefits: Eligible for participation in company medical insurance plan after successful completion of introductory period
The job of a security supervisor is to manage and ensure that officers and drivers in the field are safeguarding, patrolling and performing the duties they have been assigned. The security supervisor will train, provide support, implement and assure compliance with company policies, counsel employees when appropriate and act as an extension of management.
The security supervisor will report to the area Account Manager.
- Learn and become knowledgeable of all standing guard accounts and patrol routes.
- Train new hires and/or officers assigned to work at new sites; conduct on-going training as needed.
- Conduct customer site inspections to ensure equipment is in good working order and that officers are in full uniform, appear neat and professional and have current guard card on hand.
- Review site post orders and verify officers have full understanding of responsibilities and are in compliance with client and company standards; provide support and take appropriate disciplinary action when deemed necessary.
- Field all incoming telephone calls from employees regarding attendance issues or questions/problems they may have while on duty.
- Conduct random audits of online reporting system to ensure employees are properly creating issues, taking pictures, creating audio files and including detailed notes.
- Verify and approve all tows.
- Provide support to dispatch and scheduling as needed; assist in covering open posts.
- Respond to all employee safety incidents or injuries and complete all necessary paperwork – if medical attention is needed, transport employees to designated medical facility.
- Respond to and investigate all after hours emergencies and notify/report to clients and management.
- Inspect patrol vehicles for damage and cleanliness; coach and/or discipline drivers responsible for non-compliance. Perform light maintenance such as replacing missing hubcaps or replacing headlights.
- Manage key inventory: labeling, auditing, making duplicates, etc.
- Work with management and make recommendations to develop and implement measures and strategies to prevent recurrence of problems based on personal experience in the security industry.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required; A.A. or B.S. degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years security experience.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Experience in a fast paced, customer oriented environment.
- Possess current guard card and have completed AB2880 training.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both orally and in writing, for the purpose of interaction with employees and the public as well as reporting to management and customers.
- Ability to effectively manage employees, carry our company policies, and meet customer requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Basic Microsoft Office computer skills
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
- Ability to follow company procedures and use good judgment under pressure.
- Fast learner and ability to “think on your feet”.
- Work with minimal supervision, exhibiting self-initiative, driving to solve problems and resolve issues and/or identify viable solutions.
- Demonstrated commitment to consistency, accuracy and good planning; completing projects and tasks on time, with good judgment and a high quality work product.
- Must be 25 years or older.
- Must possess a valid CA driver’s license.
- Must have a clean driving record with no more than one (1) DMV point.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position with our without reasonable accommodation.
- Negative result on pre-employment drug screen
- Satisfactory result on reference check and criminal background check.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts, mainly at night, including weekends and holidays