Summit Security Employee Reviews in United States

First Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2016
Summit was my introduction into the work field. Straight out of high school i got a job with this company. Even though the pay wasn't good initially, i worked towards my advancement. Maybe it wasn't the company but the location, thats the way security works. i started out making $8.65 an hour and by the time i left, i was making $17 an hour. The Company made me wave my union rights to go to that location, so there was no medical no dental or any benefits at all. There was also no advancement opportunity, i was there 10 years and besides a yearly raise i never received any consideration for anything else.
Pros
work experience
Cons
no advancement opportunity
Va Nursing home
Security Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  VA Nursing Home Montrose ,NYJuly 5, 2016
A typical day at the VA nursing home frequent visitors.
I have learned how to check in visitors.
management as long as you do not have confrontation you are good.
some are cut throats
the hardest part of the job is trying to keep a positive attitude
regarding the company and the way things are done.
the best part is talking to the Veterans and the war stories.
Pros
holidays the visitors will bring goodies
Cons
no benefits, no vacation, pay or sick pay
Path to greatness and success
Tour Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJApril 27, 2016
I enjoy working with people. Enjoy learning new things. My goal is to strive as high as i can go in life. A organization in which i can grow and progress in. The hardest part of my job is all the many different personalities i deal with. The most enjoyable part is learning new tactics. Being able to help others during a difficult situation. Being in management has taught me a great deal and I'm still learning everyday. Good company so far
Pros
Management experience
Cons
Managing Mutliple personailities
Best Place To Work
Operations Manager/ Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 25, 2016
During my stay at Summit Security, I served as the Field Operations Manager and Client Services Manager. I was in charge of over 500 employees and required to meet with clients on a daily basis. The management team at Summit was phenomenal, as we never missed a beat with fulfilling requests from customers and always interacted with our employees. The management team at Summit was the best, as there was always close communication. There was never a hard part of the job, as you were always busy doing something. I enjoyed working with everyone in the Summit Security family, including the clients.
Pros
Excellent Place To Work
Cons
N/A
Working with people with integrity and exhibiting your skills and knowledge to the development of the company.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2016
I have worked with Summit Security Services for the past 3 years now in various locations, various duties to perform, this has built me up intellectually, academically and skillfully.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
30 mins break
A pleasant work environment for me personally
Security Guard/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2016
I work in an office building. On a typical day, I am responsible for admitting visitors into the building and I monitor security cameras.
I have learned to interact with people on a professional level and to multitask.
The hardest part of my job is that it is quite stationary.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the constant interaction with building staff and visitors.
Pros
Paid meal breaks
Cons
Benefits package and salary
Very enjoyable place to work.
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  JFK AirportMarch 29, 2016
A typical day at work consist of securing Airplanes, I learned what it takes to secure an airplane, management and co-workers were very helpful, the hardest part of the job was standing a lot in the cold weather, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and greeting the airplane passengers,
Pros
Free lunches were never offered.
Cons
We got short breaks, and healtcare coverage
great outdoor site huge office
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYMay 26, 2016
the job was pretty cool at first honestly thought i would be there until i retired but the site i was dealing with the company was at the mnr sites (i was working at Crotion Harmon yard).....i littelly have nothing wrong to say about summit security they help me out in every way shape in form
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed the employees and the visitors. Working as a receptionist taught me how to multitask the correct way. I love helping people, and as a receptionist, I had the pleasure of doing that and enjoyed it for the WHOLE 8 hours a day. If I hadn't moved down to Florida, I would still be there..
Pros
Everyone was friendly!!
Cons
No cons!!
The sites are the best, but the pay blows
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 17, 2016
The sites given at this company is good for your resume, but the pay isn't good and they never pay what they tell you they will pay for the site. Its awesome to gain experience for your resume and that's all
Pros
the sites
Cons
the pay
Cohesive work environment
Client Service Manager/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYApril 20, 2016
My years of working for Summit Security were wonderful. Good working relationship with Superiors and Co-workers alike. Excellent Company with a lot of growth potential.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
non at this time
good company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYJuly 20, 2016
Good company to work for. The hardest part of the job for we was working the late night shift 12-8pm. I love working the 8am to 4pm shift.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Being on Stand by when someone calls out.
Productive and energetic work environment!
Concierge/Security (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2016
I had an incredible opportunity working with some of the best in the concierge field. The location of the jobsite was incredible, from the amazing team I had the privilege working with to the amazing building patrons that kept me up and running day in and day out.
good company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 26, 2016
This company was good only bad thing was the dispatchers they were rude. Other then that i would like to go back to my previous position in NYC. My managers loved me and they always had my back. Growth was another issue...
ok job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2016
the pay was ok
bounced around from location to location was a little frustrating
managers were nice
walked around a lot which was good for health
great people and company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2016
great place to work. People were very nice. Management was also easy to get along with. Enjoyed during Security.
I Like it
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 1, 2016
Allows me the hours I need and gives me days when other people cannot work. My coworkers are nice and tell me when they cannot work so I can have more hours.
over all cool
security officer (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 22, 2015
one of the best companies ive worked for ever. I only require the way it end and I would recommend anyone to them. a typical day would start at 4am to 12 or 12 to 7pm. childish coworkers and decent management
Pros
great pay
Cons
was fired for a non violence crime that was later dismissed
Working in one of the busyest Airport is interesting and chalanging
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  JFK int Airport NYJune 20, 2016
As a security officer, I have worked with Summit Security Services for eight years at JFK International Airport. Working SOC monitoring all gate areas and AOA areas. If there is any door breach call for security officer to concerned area and I kept watch in that area to see if any unauthorized person is in that area until the area is searched and secured. Coordinated with Airline corporate security and PAPD. Did the logbook.Holding a valid NY driver’s license, escorted construction vehicles in and out of construction areas, runway and patrolled around terminal moving traffic.
I have had to challenge suspicious people, requesting their badges and asking what their business is in a particular area.Follow those who breach security until police or other security personnel arrive to apprehend them. Monitor passenger flow through screening checkpoints to ensure order and efficiency. Close entry areas following security breaches or reopen areas after receiving notification that the airport is secure. Check passengers’ tickets to ensure that they are valid, and to determine whether passengers have designations that require special handling, such as providing photo identifications.
great company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJanuary 29, 2016
great company to work for. They have great sites that they are managing and you get paid every week. They also have a excellent management team.