Summit Security Employee Reviews

Professional place to work
SECURITY OFFICER , JFK AIR PORT,. (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 21, 2017
Very professional place to work. Have a chance to learn new security procedures and equipment implemented and continuously and upgraded.

New technologies always being tested and used giving chance to keep your self up to the date with the air port security systems.
Pros
Air port experience
Cons
Travel to airport
Great Company
Command Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYJuly 1, 2017
They care about their employees & their clients, full benefits and opportunities to move up within the company. Due to the size of the company, you can explore different careers within
This company have union for the workers and pays every friday.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  new jerseyJune 22, 2017
This company doesn't pay very well. And is all depends the locations. Field leader inspection is basically daily to check on every guards.
Branch manager don't trust too much their operation managers or workers. But whenever they need you they consider you the best. This job doesn't want nobody doing overtime sometime they take you out of the schedule to avoid giving you overtime.
Pros
10 cents to 15 cents every year of increase
Cons
No breaks
supervisor is horrible
Screener (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 8, 2017
I did screening of passenger and luggage.
Supervisors are horrible they are very hard to communicate with.
Dealing with the supervisors, they are very backward.
Deal with the passengers is the most enjoyable part of the job because you meet people from diverse back ground.
Pros
Cons
everything is bad
Great work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 3, 2017
Monitoring CCTV Cameras and alarms. I learn new equipment to do the job. Management can be more hands on. The workplace culture is excellent. The hardest part of the job is the revolving door of new employees. The most enjoyable is my co-workers that I work with.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
short lunch breaks
Productive work environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Melville, NY 11747June 1, 2017
Summit Security is a family friendly organization. The organization can and should provide more training for there Officers. Many who are new to security.
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
No benifits
Challenging but rewarding
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  John F. Kennedy Airport, NYMay 25, 2017
They were very descriptive on what to expect before you start working on the field Many things are not acceptable but it's for the safety of you and others.
Pros
Flexible with scheduling
Cons
Work in all weather conditions
Great people and interesting job
Patrol Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 10, 2017
Employees work hard, but the working is varied and interesting.
Co-workers are friendly and management treated us well. We had lots of company picnics and meetings.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
its a productive work place where you would meet new people and new things depends on the they send you to
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 5, 2017
I currently work at construction site in manhattan on 34st called Hudson yards. It's a nice place to work seeing the place get bigger as they put up the buildings. It's the biggest construction site in New York. The hardest part in working where I'm at is dealing with the construction workers because they give a lot of attitude. The most part is it's not a bad place to work at because you seeing new things and you would get along with most of the people you work with.
Pros
Free lunches when it's real bad weather and certain holidays.
Cons
Pay could be better
Nasty people
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NY 11430May 2, 2017
I never enjoy working in a hostile work environment. They are mean spirited and every complained is an investigation. They give certain rights to certain people and no room for advancement.
Pros
Lunch is deducted from pay.

Want to know more about Summit Security?

Ask a question
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 20, 2017
A typical day work can consists of many things depeding on where u are posted at. I learned alot while working for this company good and bad. Managment could be alot better for sure. Theres alot of cultures at my current workplace. The hardest part of my job is gaurds coming back to post late from there break which backs me up on lunch reliefs. The enjoyable part of my job is when i don't have to rush while working.
not too bad
Traffic officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2017
good to be at work there for the period you will be working for them you just have to be ready to work a lot of overtime,so people wholike to work can be there always
Contractor
Security Officer / Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2017
Corporate Office environment. High profile guests and employees. Must always be a top notch professionalism. Location does not vary. Union position with least expected benefits. zero tolerate.
horrible
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10023March 5, 2017
I would not recommend this place there better company out there just keep looking. the pay is not the greatest and the people are just weird
good place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 1, 2017
everyone was great, willing to train, supervisors worked as well as us not just sitting down barking orders. The company offered room for growth.
A great place to work
Security officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Everyone was friendly. The supervisors would come and check on the security officers while they were at their sites to make sure everything was going well.
Horrible Comapany
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10018January 4, 2017
This company is very dishonest and offers no professional growth. After completing my probationary period of 3 months i was told that i would receive a raise however, instead i was removed from the schedule. This is one of the worst security companies !
summit
school safety guard (Current Employee) –  West Hempstead, NY\December 19, 2016
great company that provides professionalism and understand to its employees. I work at west hempstead middle school. Provide a safe working environment as well as great customer service.
They don't pay!!!
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 9, 2016
Summit Security still owes me vacation pay, avoids all my calls and visits, and has done this multiple times to many employees! Nobody is doing anything about this!
Pros
Easy job, good work environment
Cons
They frequently avoid paying vacation pay, dropped my medical, messed up my taxes two years in a row, etc.
Not enough hours
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2016
I worked different sites everyday. I did retail, residential, and commercial sites. I didn't have a steady site which caused me to look for a better opportunity elsewhere.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
No steady site