Summit Surgery Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Extremely busy office/surgery center
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 21, 2016
My position at Summit Surgery Center was one of the busiest I have experienced. Very challenging but enjoyable. I love to stay busy and enjoy multi-tasking, which I am good at. I was in charge of the medical records department but also helped check patients in for Outpatient/Inpatient surgery. There were a lot of interruptions throughout the day, heavy phones, patient care and clerical tasks. I learned a lot about patient care and of course, I love customer service and helping others. I was also in charge of getting surgical charts ready for the next day surgeries. I was in charge of signing off on the Surgeon's dictations each day. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with patients and their families.
Pros
Learning new clerical skills and the interaction with the patients and families.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day.
Ambulatory Surgery Consultant
Consultant Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 8, 2014
An excellent surgery center in Nashville. Summit Surgery Center is focused on patient care from the admission to post-op care. The staff is the excellent and I have had surgery there myself while providing pharmacy consulting for over 10 years.
Productive and fun work place.
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TnJuly 18, 2014
Nice place to work, with awesome co-workers. learned how to except copays and balance the monies for the day.
Pros
hours
Summit Surgery Center
SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 12, 2014
I am not at all to pleased with the management department. I do enjoy my co-workers. They are a great bunch. My direct supervisor is very understanding and works well in solving issues that arise.
Not very proactive, not a very cohesive work enviroment.
GI TECH (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 22, 2013
I was there for a short while. I was told I would be able to obtain full-time after my probation. LIES!! LIES!! LIARS!!
Pros
Cons
docs are nice
Awesome Environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZOctober 18, 2013
I worked at Summit Surgery for a year in half and loved my job and everyone that i worked with. I learned a lot about Ortho doctors and bones surgeries. My boss was awesome! The hardest part of my job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of my job was all the people i worked with and everyone that would come down getting ready for surgery.
Very fun place to work with amazing people.
SPD Tech/ Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJuly 10, 2013
I have the opportunity here to do many different jobs and I get to move around a lot. I am trained in many different departments and it is nice to be counted on to utilize my skills.
Pros
Doctors buy lunch very often
Cons
Hard to advance in positions because the turn over is not very often.

Want to know more about Summit Surgery Center?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Surgery Center. Our community is ready to answer.