Summit Technology, manufacturer of the PowerSight family of electric power analyzers (www.powersight.com), has an immediate need for a Principle Sales Representative. This is a full-time immediate opening in Walnut Creek, California.
Core requirements of this position are:
- The desire to both sell and meet the customer’s needs
- Either the prior knowledge of the fundamentals of electric power systems and industrial
electric systems and the application of Summit Technology products to them, or the ability
and desire to develop a thorough knowledge of them over time
- Desire to take ownership of the job function and to team with the other functional areas of the
company for our mutual success
- Project a positive, knowledgeable presence in your dealings with customers.
- Excellent verbal skills and phone presence
- Excellent written ability and spelling for email communications
- Fast and accurate data entry and retrieval of information from computer systems
Daily activities will include:
- Taking phone calls for price quotations, purchase orders, and order changes from potential
customers and sales associates, mainly throughout the USA, but also throughout the world.
- Fulfilling email-based requests for quotes and information. This may be the fast response to
a generated quote form, or it may require email and/or telephone follow-up to clarify and
assist the customer in making the best decision.
- Maintaining files of active orders and posting activity such as change notices, scheduling
changes, partial shipments, and credit changes
- Following up on previous quotes and discussions to escort the customer to a sale.
- Maintaining records of how customer prospects learned of us and what they ended up doing
- Consultation with engineering, technical support, and production in order to resolve problems,
service customer needs, and obtain commitments for rushed lead-times.
Weekly/Monthly activities will include:
- Maintaining accurate quote and order logs with monthly projections.
- Taking an interest in and responsibility for improving sales effectiveness and efficiency
- Managing our web site AdWords campaigns and assisting in marketing activities
- Following up with customers to solicit feedback on their experience with our products
- Learning about the competitive advantages/disadvantages of our products
- Performing special projects that are sales or marketing related
- Assisting other personnel in their activities as needed and practical.
Desirable Previous Skills and Experience:
- Previous person-to-person sales experience
- Previous experience in industrial electric power
- Skills in crafting computer graphics, advertisements, web pages, photo/video, etc to create
Summit Technology is a small enterprise and each person performs an essential task. We team in achieving our success. If you wish to sell products that aid in the greening and efficiency of the world, if you wish to work with people who like to own their job and want to do right by the customer, and if you’d like to stay and prosper together for years, then we invite you to apply for this position.