Sumner Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

CT Technologist
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNFebruary 11, 2016
A reputable hospital wouldn't have a turnover rate as high as this one does if management were attentive. Illegal practices are rampant, you take a chance with employment here in terms of maintaining your license. I personally brought forth numerous illegal problems and was promptly squelched. There's a reason that the same jobs are posted over and over again, and it's not because this facility is a great one. If you are a patient and have medical imaging particularly CT, you are quite possibly being over radiated. I for one won't put my license on the line for a facility lining up for a class action lawsuit.

What more thing I find amusing is my previous review mysteriously disappeared, hmmm could it be I was telling the truth??
Cons
CCU understaffed and unsae former employee
RN (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNFebruary 11, 2016
Poor management, shows favortism, high turn over rate. Over the last few months at least 7 nurses either transferred out, or quit. Some of the nurses there are great, others. I wouldn't take a family member there.
Pros
If your a new grad you can got straight to ICU, don't expect a residency
Cons
all that's listed above
It's just that a workplace
RCP (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJanuary 23, 2016
This was the worst job I've ever had! The management is Horrible! They only care about the numbers not employees! I felt my license was in jeparody working here! Poor patient care!
Pros
You can wear smrc tee's instead of basic scrub tops
Cons
Awful pay, horrible hours, terrible management
Love love love
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNDecember 10, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. This is the hospital that gave me my first " grown up JOB". When i was employed the company always had something for the employees to say thank you, Always someone there to help with benefits every year.
Pros
lots of thank you's and help with employment or school
Cons
pay
A loving and exciting work place.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNNovember 3, 2015
Being a volunteer at Sumner Medical Center had many benefits. One being working and beings around people and patients 24/7, and seeing how appreciative they were because you were doing them the smallest of favors like bringing them a warm blanket or pillow, and putting together gift baskets for patients, and so much more! It differently taught me a lot of things and gave me a visual of things i would see in the medical filed on a daily basis.
Pros
easy and flexible hours
Cons
no pay
Lots of possibilities for New Grad RN
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNOctober 17, 2015
Overall this facility has a very small town hospital feel. It has a reputation for hiring New Grad RN's into just about all areas of practice, including CCU & ED. Pay is adequate, shift differentials are nothing to brag about, neither are raises. Shift bonus's are frequently offered, especially for night shifts, and can range from $150-$250/shift. If you are looking to make money, picking up nights/weekends can get pretty lucrative. But overworking has lead to the majority of the burnout that I have observed. Most new nurses leave within 1-3 years, either for more money, better commute, or better work environment. Management is decent, probably just as overworked as the general staff. Good leadership within the organization appears to be lacking, or perhaps it's just not fostered by the older style of upper management. The majority of staff nurses that stay with the facility are very comfortable in their career trajectory, or do not wish to make the long commute to Nashville for a more progressive work environment. Average patient load for a floor nurse is 5-6, 7 on a rare occasion. For CCU, 2-3 patients. High turnover leads to consistent short staffing, again especially on nights. Overall, it has not been a terrible place to start. While I will not burn my bridges, I do not see myself remaining with the company for more than 2 years at present.
Pros
Bonus frequently offered for working extra shifts, hires New Grad RN's
Cons
Poor morale, high turnover, inadequate staffing
teamwork
current employee (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNSeptember 26, 2015
Great teamwork by staff members. They go the extra mile to ensure satisfaction. Compensations can and should reflect the hard work.
Management lacks professionalism
RN Charge Nurse Geriatric Psychiatric Unit (Current Employee) –  Wellington, KSFebruary 28, 2015
The management on the unit I work for needs to have further training or education related to professional skills. All around, the management on the unit needs improvement.
Pros
hours
Cons
not professional
Very stressful and unsure
COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  GALLATINFebruary 24, 2015
Daily hard work without support, just constant ridicule, I learned to cover myself, though it eventually didn't matter. Co-workers were clickee and selfish, The hardest part of my job was trying to stay covered and not be lied on. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing what I liked, that's if a good day came by.
Pros
working alone and setting the atomosphere
Cons
no support financially or physically when needed
I have met and kept very good friends at SRMC
Tecnician (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNFebruary 11, 2015
I have met and kept very good friends at SRMC. That is the only positive comment I can make. If you can't say anything nice.........

Want to know more about Sumner Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
Heavy Workload, poor management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNFebruary 10, 2015
Coworkers are great. Assignments are extremly heavy. Unable to provide good patient care due to the time crunch you are on all day. Might have same number of treatments in 8 hours that most hospitals give therapist for 12 hours. Mangement is not helpful when you are trying to get work complete on time. If you want to give great patient care and treat your patients this is not the place for you. You are a robot programmed to get the treatments done on time by any means necessary.
Pros
co workers
Cons
very heavy work loads. short staffed often
Stay away from this facility!
Medical Imaging (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNDecember 30, 2014
Sumner Regional is not the place anyone should work. The management needs a major overhaul. The staff is extremely unhappy which makes the working environment stressful. Everyone is out for themselves. Management doesn't listen and if you try to voice concern for anything you're shafted. Horrible experience. Not to mention coming as a patient to this facility. Unfriendly staff and illegal practices. Talked to several residents of this town and they'd not go here for care! Management is terrible and needs to be looked at as to why the turnover at this facility is SO high.
Cons
you name it...they got cons!!!
Horrible morals
Office position (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNDecember 19, 2014
I was hired for a position that they WERE HIRING FOR. 2 1/2 months later I was let go for "restructuring" of the department. My position was no longer needed. I learned after the fact that this was a move they had been thinking about for awhile (meaning when they hired for the position). Also, they did this right before the holidays. This is a company that cares NOTHING about their employees (even though they state otherwise). Their actions prove this. I was given no notice. The benefits suck as well. I will NEVER consider working for this company ever again.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
costly benefits and no job security
it's a job, what else can i say?
Security guard/officer (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNSeptember 21, 2014
There are some benefits to the gig, like having some laid back coworkers that are willing to work when it comes down to it. Management is well, just a little off base. I wish they would take time to train the officers under them. All of the training material available is out of date, so when you use the training that you do have you get shafted for it. Other than that, if you've worked security before this is the same old job, filled with the same BS that every security based job is saturated with. Low enough pay to make you feel unimportant, but just enough to keep you off of welfare. Have fun.
Pros
some of the people you work with are fun to partner with but watch your back.
Cons
too many to name, have you read the review?
Interesting enviroment no room for growth
IS Manager (Current Employee) –  Wellington, KSSeptember 15, 2014
Typical Day: Check Backups, logs, eventvwr, take calls as they come in.

Learned: Learned about health care and DICOM format for diagnostic imaging.
respiratory
respiratory theraoist (Former Employee) –  gallatin, tnAugust 10, 2014
Nice people, stressful environment with workload. Not lots of job stability with big workload.
Pros
people
Cons
workload
Great place to work, job stability uncertain
Benefits/Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJuly 31, 2014
I was hired in 2006. In 2010, we were purchased by another company. In 2011 I was told my job would be eliminated due to outsourcing. However, it was then decided later that they needed someone with my expertise to remain. However, I have been told my position will be eliminated again.
Pros
co workers, location, benefits, compensation
Cons
job stability
Overall a great place to work as a nurse
Critical Care Unit Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJuly 20, 2014
This is a great hospital to work for and I enjoyed my position. My husband's job relocated us, and I was very sad to leave my job. I have had a lot of positions as a nurse with a negative culture, but this was absolutely not tolerated here. Of course every place has its issues, but overall the issues were minor and management was kind, professional, very responsive and present when the need arose. In the CCU, we were very team oriented and everyone got along well together. We were always teaching and learning from each other, and the more experienced nurses supported and took care of the less experienced. Nursing is a lot of hard work and a typical work day was just that: hard work, but without the drama.
fun learning experince.
Sec/tech, Monitor watcher (Former Employee) –  gallatin, TNJune 18, 2014
I learned how to read cardiac rhythms. I enjoy patient care and all the interesting people that I met.
Reading doctor hand writing was a challenge, but I figured it out.
I enjoyed working with my co-worker.
Pros
hours were good. co- worker were great to work with.
DNH is confused and in need of help.
Radiologic Tech (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 14, 2014
Many faults and totally misrepresented. Total drama throughout the whole experience. What a waste of time and effort. Not to mention the financial misappropriation. Stay away from this or you'll end up with a foot in your mouth.
Pros
eats were tasty.
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sumner Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.