Sumner Regional Medical Center

Sumner Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very stressful and unsure
COORDINATOR (Former Employee), GALLATINFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: working alone and setting the atomosphere
Cons: no support financially or physically when needed
Daily hard work without support, just constant ridicule, I learned to cover myself, though it eventually didn't matter. Co-workers were clickee and selfish, The hardest part of my job was trying to stay covered and not be lied on. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing what I liked, that's if a good day came by.
I have met and kept very good friends at SRMC
Tecnician (Former Employee), Gallatin, TNFebruary 11, 2015
I have met and kept very good friends at SRMC. That is the only positive comment I can make. If you can't say anything nice.........
Heavy Workload, poor management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Gallatin, TNFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: very heavy work loads. short staffed often
Coworkers are great. Assignments are extremly heavy. Unable to provide good patient care due to the time crunch you are on all day. Might have same number of treatments in 8 hours that most hospitals give therapist for 12 hours. Mangement is not helpful when you are trying to get work complete on time. If you want to give great patient care and treat your patients this is not the place for you. You are a robot programmed to get the treatments done on time by any means necessary.
Stay away from this facility!
Medical Imaging (Former Employee), Gallatin, TNDecember 30, 2014
Cons: you name it...they got cons!!!
Sumner Regional is not the place anyone should work. The management needs a major overhaul. The staff is extremely unhappy which makes the working environment stressful. Everyone is out for themselves. Management doesn't listen and if you try to voice concern for anything you're shafted. Horrible experience. Not to mention coming as a patient to this facility. Unfriendly staff and illegal practices. Talked to several residents of this town and they'd not go here for care! Management is terrible and needs to be looked at as to why the turnover at this facility is SO high.
Horrible morals
Office position (Former Employee), Gallatin, TNDecember 19, 2014
Pros: convenient location
Cons: costly benefits and no job security
I was hired for a position that they WERE HIRING FOR. 2 1/2 months later I was let go for "restructuring" of the department. My position was no longer needed. I learned after the fact that this was a move they had been thinking about for awhile (meaning when they hired for the position). Also, they did this right before the holidays. This is a company that cares NOTHING about their employees (even though they state otherwise). Their actions prove this. I was given no notice. The benefits suck as well. I will NEVER consider working for this company ever again.
it's a job, what else can i say?
Security guard/officer (Current Employee), Gallatin, TNSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: some of the people you work with are fun to partner with but watch your back.
Cons: too many to name, have you read the review?
There are some benefits to the gig, like having some laid back coworkers that are willing to work when it comes down to it. Management is well, just a little off base. I wish they would take time to train the officers under them. All of the training material available is out of date, so when you use the training that you do have you get shafted for it. Other than that, if you've worked security before this is the same old job, filled with the same BS that every security based job is saturated with. Low enough pay to make you feel unimportant, but just enough to keep you off of welfare. Have fun.
Interesting enviroment no room for growth
IS Manager (Current Employee), Wellington, KSSeptember 15, 2014
Typical Day: Check Backups, logs, eventvwr, take calls as they come in.

Learned: Learned about health care and DICOM format for diagnostic imaging.
respiratory
respiratory theraoist (Former Employee), gallatin, tnAugust 10, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: workload
Nice people, stressful environment with workload. Not lots of job stability with big workload.
Great place to work, job stability uncertain
Benefits/Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Gallatin, TNJuly 31, 2014
Pros: co workers, location, benefits, compensation
Cons: job stability
I was hired in 2006. In 2010, we were purchased by another company. In 2011 I was told my job would be eliminated due to outsourcing. However, it was then decided later that they needed someone with my expertise to remain. However, I have been told my position will be eliminated again.
Overall a great place to work as a nurse
Critical Care Unit Staff RN (Former Employee), Gallatin, TNJuly 20, 2014
This is a great hospital to work for and I enjoyed my position. My husband's job relocated us, and I was very sad to leave my job. I have had a lot of positions as a nurse with a negative culture, but this was absolutely not tolerated here. Of course every place has its issues, but overall the issues were minor and management was kind, professional, very responsive and present when the need arose. In the CCU, we were very team oriented and everyone got along well together. We were always teaching and learning from each other, and the more experienced nurses supported and took care of the less experienced. Nursing is a lot of hard work and a typical work day was just that: hard work, but without the drama.
fun learning experince.
Sec/tech, Monitor watcher (Former Employee), gallatin, TNJune 18, 2014
Pros: hours were good. co- worker were great to work with.
I learned how to read cardiac rhythms. I enjoy patient care and all the interesting people that I met.
Reading doctor hand writing was a challenge, but I figured it out.
I enjoyed working with my co-worker.
Totally Incompetent Management
Hospital (Former Employee), Gallatin, TNJune 6, 2014
If you want to be a robotic healthcare worker then this is your place, individual thought and opinion are NOT accepted, even if the subject is illegal activities that are taking place. Management protects their position through threat and intimidation, and is entrenched in maintaining the status quo. This facility needs a total enema before it will be able to compete. Complete lack of concern for issues that potentially may harm patients and employees alike. Lack of proper staffing is major problem, causing most to wear 2 and 3 hats. Insurance is terrible if you choose to go outside of the hospital for any kind of care, you will pay through the nose. Worst hospital experience of my career.
DNH is confused and in need of help.
Radiologic Tech (Former Employee), TennesseeMay 14, 2014
Pros: eats were tasty.
Cons: everything else
Many faults and totally misrepresented. Total drama throughout the whole experience. What a waste of time and effort. Not to mention the financial misappropriation. Stay away from this or you'll end up with a foot in your mouth.
its a soap opera
dietary cook (Current Employee), Gallatin, TNApril 16, 2014
Pros: free fountain drinks, decent pay
Cons: benefits are pricey and a little confusing, more back stabbing and drama then you want to deal with
management is more likely to tell you to ask someone else than to learn the answers to questions from our higher ups. training is non existant and leads to chaos .
Caring medical staff
RN Rehab (Former Employee), Gallatin, TNJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: very helpful staff
Cons: as a new nurse i wanted to more rapidly learn new skills
Medical staff is focused on patient care. Typical day is care and communications with patient and often their family. Our unit was under census so I was often "floated" to Med/Surg, Telemetry, Hospice, and Geropsych
Excellent place to work
Gallatin, TN as the charge nurse on an 22 (Former Employee), Gallatin, TNJanuary 10, 2014
Charge nurse of a busy cardiac unit. Great co-workers, adequate pay, and good benefits.
I worked here for 5 years and loved every minute of being an LPN
LPN (Former Employee), Gallatin, TNDecember 23, 2013
Pros: able to work different areas
Cons: being the first to be sent home if census was low
After working I decided I wanted to be more than an LPN. I worked in the Transitional Care Unit and loved working in the Emergency Department as well as CCU.
Good people but hurry up but wait for management.
Plant Ops, Electrician/Maintenance Tech III (Former Employee), Gallatin, TNOctober 9, 2013
repair any electrical problems. I learned low voltage fire system.my co-workers good guys but slow to respond to other problems.
Talk the talk but doesn't walk the walk.
Medical Imaging Staff (Current Employee), Gallatin, TNOctober 5, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule. even fte's don't have to work their fte's and still get their benefits!
Cons: promises made are easily broken.
They talk about high values, importance of quality care and family atmosphere but opposite is shown.
Staff Therapist, then clinical director of op clinic
Staff therapist then clinical director (Former Employee), White House TNMay 13, 2013
Pros: one on one patient care
Cons: no secretary toward end of my work experience there.
A fun place to work. One on one patient care. I was let go due to restructuring. Hardest part of my job was no secretary toward the end of my work experience there. The most enjoyable part of my job was the one on one patient care I was able to give my patients. A typical day at work was checking schedule, making phone calls to MD's, scheduling, treating patients.

About Sumner Regional Medical Center

Sumner Regional Medical Center (SRMC) has been providing quality health care to Sumner County and the surrounding areas for more – Read more