Sun Chemical Corporation Employee Reviews

Professional
Adequately Resourced
Motivated Team members
No day is the same
Travel to many great locations
Management does not micromanage
Pros
Great Leadership and Mentorship for development and growth
Cons
Manning and turn around time on projects. Like an Aircraft carrier making a Uturn.
Very fast paced working environment
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yardville, New JerseyDecember 28, 2017
Loved the people I worked with. Great managers. Fun place. Non stop turn over. I did a Jack of all trades job. Reception, sample clerk, shipping clerk, receiving clerk. I like d the diversity.
Pros
Grab bags, estee lauder
Cons
Productive and everyone there is very nice
Facility Management Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Rutherford, NJDecember 5, 2017
A great place to work at - great boss. No one micro manages you and you learn so much there. A little laid back but very productive. I really enjoyed working for this company
Stay away
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 19, 2017
Sun Chemical, is presently under a sales management team that does not see the benefit of face to face Sales Representatives. Thus they are reducing their sales force by 70%. This company is presently a house of cards until upper management is replaced.
Pros
Good Benefit Package
Cons
Low pay, long hours
Love this place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 23, 2017
I enjoyed working here. Good company and good people great benefits great place to learn about different inks and u can move up in this company i love. Sun chemical
Cons
N/a
Good Work Environment
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJAugust 22, 2017
The work atmosphere at Sun Chemical is great. Very diverse and friendly and everyone works together to reach goals. We qualify for a raise once a year but its only around 2%, 4% if the company did well that year . Lab techs do not get bonuses but chemists/ scientists do . Given that the pay isn't much , the raise makes not much of a difference but its better than nothing. In a few years, you'll be at enough to afford to live in your state. Health coverage is very expensive , and you still have major co pays and deductibles.
Pros
No micro managing, sometimes theres free lunch
Cons
healthcare is costly but not a lot of benefits
Excellent Place To Work
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Essex, CTJuly 18, 2017
Good people to work with. If you need a second opinion or help on a project team members are always willing to lend a hand. Management is good. Excellent Place To Work
Pros
benefits and reasonable management
Cons
pay is sometimes lower than average
Global leader in the industry
Manufacturing Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 20, 2017
There was no micro-management of my project activities -- just routine executive level reviews/updates. Although my direct position was considered the U.S., I was quickly responsible for north and south America.
Pros
Team environment, hands-off management
Cons
Very extensive travel, domestic and international
An intership that was an experience but not something I would do for lifetime
Corporate Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 31, 2017
The internship was a very good experience and it gave me the opportunity to expand in the Accounting field. I figured with this internship I did not want a career in Accounting department as my career.
Pros
Good experience, good pay for an intern
Cons
Not something I would want for my career
Professional and challenging work environment.
Retired VP Sales (Former Employee) –  Various- 6 over my careerMay 28, 2017
I have retired from Sun Chemical but found it to be a totally satisfying place to work.
In fact,
I spent 25 years with the organization.
High standards,high expectations and a thoroughly professional group of co- workers.
Pros
High standards and a quality work force.
Cons
No cons
Research driven, isolated culture
Electronic Materials Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJMay 7, 2017
Sun Chemicals heyday was in the time of printed journalism. As online content continues to replace books, newspapers, and magazines, the company is looking to diversity its endeavors but has not yet fully committed to the digital future.
J Review
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 24, 2017
Good place if you are looking to travel extensively all over the word. Decent management and relaxed work environment. I recommend if you are starting out in your career.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Traveled extensively
Great place to work.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 21, 2017
Excellent place of employment, as the company grew so did the opportunities. Unfortunately, the pigment industry went into decline with the evolution of the internet and the reduction of printed material for magazines, etc.
Moral is low
Graphic arts manager (Former Employee) –  OklahomaDecember 19, 2016
They never seem to be satisfied with how hard you work. Management is poor. Told you are doing a good job but then threaten your job everyday. I'm better off without the stress.
Great company
In-Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 11, 2016
Sun Chemical has been a great place to work for the last 9 years. Excellent communication and top-notch management. I can't say enough great things about Sun Chemical.
In-plant technician
In-plant Ink Technician (Former Employee) –  Eastern, USOctober 28, 2016
Sun re structured their management and operation techniques for the worse. Customers are left in the dark and the technicians have to put up a good face.
Too many politics, 5 chiefs for 1 Indian style.
At one point, I did not know who my direct sepervisor was.
They will leave you out to dry in front of customers and support is minimal.
Job advancement is poor.
Since leaving sun, I have doubled my pay and benefits.
Pros
Biggest ink company looks good in resume
Cons
Too many
Challenging, Rewarding, and Hands-On
Co-op Engineer (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILSeptember 12, 2016
As a co-op engineer I worked on a variety of projects relating to production and maintenance. Projects ranged in scope and cost, and almost always required multidisciplinary engineering knowledge. Strong communication skills and planning were essential to be successful. A fair amount of autonomy and independence were required to progress through complex projects, however support and guidance from management was readily available and questions were highly encouraged.

A typical day would consist of responding to contractor questions through use of technical documents such as P&ID's and electrical schematics, writing purchase orders for equipment or services, scheduling installation and support services, and developing start-up testing procedures. Once projects were completed operator training and post project support ensured successful implementation.

The hardest and probably also most enjoyable part of the job were start-up efforts. Long hours are required to facilitate proper installation of production equipment, but success is extremely satisfying. I would highly recommend this company for their innovation in their industry and their development of employees.
Pros
High autonomy and ability to progress
Work place has the personality of a funeral home
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILAugust 8, 2016
Good hands on practical experience. Way too much traveling from plant to plant. Co-op engineering manager is a paranoid control freak who is very creepy, especially with the female co-ops
Pros
Hands on experiance
Cons
Questionable management
Very Poor Management in New Jersey
Demand Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILJune 16, 2016
Senior Management in New Jersey are foul mouthed and work mainly with management by fear techniques. They want SAP experience but servers so slow it would take an hour to run a simple query. Run and don't look back.
Pros
None to be found
Cons
Too many to list
Good lab experience
Colorist (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJanuary 7, 2016
Hardest part of my job is getting everything done within an 8 hour work day. The lab is very busy. We need more people both in the lab and my area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Chemical Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.