Sun Chemical Employee Reviews

Was only a temporary worker.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMay 15, 2017
Being adaptable if you help another rep.,And customer prefers you should be able to help them. Got to learn some of the new software SAP. In general had a nice group of people to work with. Had Birthday parties, and you made your own cake. Flexible hours.
Pros
Able to work around Dr.;s appointments.
Cons
Very limitrd sick time.
No appreciation for employees
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJanuary 12, 2017
Terrible management,which constantly ignored safety suggestions from employees. I lived through 5 fires in the plant,and was exposed to the possibility of safety threats on a daily basis. It is too bad,that Americans HAVE TO accept these types of issues to receive a mediocre level of pay.
Fun place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 31, 2016
Well maintained every one helpful , work as a team . Many things to learn room for growth. Same day orders enjoyed the day to day task. Can get messy with material but for the most part hard work pays off
Pros
Guaranteed 8 hour shift
The company is ok
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 21, 2016
Not the best company not the worst either. It is solid and stable but the ink industry is on a race to the bottle and there are times quality passed by for profit.
Pros
People and coworkers are good people. It is a job.
Cons
It is just a job. This company does not permit growth outside your disciple.
fun place to work
Sr. Accounting Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2016
I made great friends here. The hours were great. The office ran like a well oiled machine. The Brahch Manager was a great man, The office Manager always had your back, there are very few places left like this place.
dusty and dirty place to work
Production Tech (Current Employee) –  amelia ohioNovember 6, 2016
this job is dirty. most of the time boring. if you can cook a box of brownies you can do this job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
you work 4 on and 4 off 12 hours a day or night
Cons
management sucks
Multifunctional company
BUSINESS MANAGER BRAND PROTECTION (Current Employee) –  Manchester UKSeptember 20, 2016
Variety and diversity bring fun and challenges working at Sun Chemical. Over a 24 year career, I've enjoyed time in the laboratory developing products, I've travelled internationally to implement projects and I've also been on the road selling technology and creative solutions. Every day is a new adventure.
From Idea to Final Drawings
Co-op Session 1 (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILJune 16, 2016
As an engineering project manager I led projects from being an idea to completion of final documents and the cutting of Purchase Orders. I was responsible for projects varying from 40K to 350K. Usually I had five or six projects going at the same time. The job required me to travel across the United States from San Francisco to Philadelphia. This was the hardest part of the job for me. I enjoyed the work and excelled but my family and my church matter to me so it was difficult to leave week after week. Travel ranged from about 50 to 85%.

I learned to lead people much older than myself and tackle complex automation problems and deal with personnel issues as well.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the moving pieces come together to at the end and being able to hand over a completed project that I was proud to put my name on.
great starter job
Billing & Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 15, 2016
good place to work if you don't have a degree, location wasn't the best and it's hard to get promoted. Going to HR got you nowhere!
fun work place with a nice vacation package.
Ink Technician (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCApril 15, 2016
Since i was stationed at the implant i diddnt see my co workers at sun chemical much but when i did it was always pleasant. Co workers were helpful when i had to call them to ask questions about a certain shipment etc.
Pros
Start out with three weeks vacation
Cons
Would get called ion the weekend from time to time
Management accountability workforce
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILFebruary 19, 2016
Management here sucked there were numerous times where the shipping supervisor would tell a few guys he was tired of certain people and they were going to get fired. i was contacted from a manager through text yelling at me and screaming about how i am unreliable because i could not come in early. The work i did was never enough even though no one else did as much.. i was fired for the same reason as someone else that wasnt.. everyone knew and talked about the plant managers sleeping together having affairs.. pay could have been a little better working in a harmful to health and environment factory.. one of my bosses had 2 or 3 cousins working under him.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
bad people in management.
Sun Chemical was a good company with room for advancement
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIFebruary 15, 2016
Sun Chemical was a good company with opportunities for training and advancement.

Typical day at work was trouble shooting electrical equipment. Learned calibrating instrumentation that was involved with air permits for the environment, which I consider to have been the most enjoyable part of the job.

My co-workers along with management were all easy to get along with as well as working with.
Pros
Opportunities for additional training.
Cons
Lack of business - laid off.
I had an extraordinary breadth of hands-on plant engineering experience.
Project/Plant/Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCFebruary 15, 2016
I introduced Diogenes process control system to chemical plant with twenty 5000 gal reactors. Also introduced Modicon PLC system.
I enjoyed my work hours
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 9, 2016
I like the fast pace time went by quick. Enjoyed making ink pigments & unloading the ink into totes. My co workers were a joy to work with.
Sun Chemical
Account manager/Channel manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJanuary 28, 2016
Good solid company. Well run from a management perspective. Organized uses 6 sigma theory. Territories are large and travel required.
Pros
solid
Cons
a lot of travel
Decent place to work but difficult to get the required support needed to progress sale
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 25, 2016
Strong metric based sales process, superior technical capabilities within the companies legacy portfolio. Analytical teams very strong. Very difficult to get the technical resources out into the field when needed.

Lots of personal follow-up required to get what is needed when it is needed.
Pros
Strong Portfolio
Cons
Weak Support
Productive learning environment for an Internship
Marketing Associate Intern (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILDecember 8, 2015
I worked a summer internship at Sun Chemical in their Marketing department. The managers were all great and eager to help you learn on the job. Hours were very consistent and it paid decently for an internship. Working there gave me a lot of insight on how important marketing is in an international company.
Pros
Fun environment, great people, challenging yet not overwhelming
Cons
Only lasted a Summer
Long hours and abundent stress
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 7, 2015
Many long hours and stress above an acceptable level. Commission plan is overly complex. Budgets seem to be done by guess and not what customers would purchase making all but impossible to meet a sales budget
Pros
Company car
Great Benefits
receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Maumee OhioAugust 26, 2015
It is a good place to work. It is a fast paced environment that makes the day go fast. They have good equipment to work with.
Pros
tv in lunch room with cable
Cons
dirty job
Industry Leader
Team Coach/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati,OHAugust 21, 2015
Great company to work for. They are an industry leader in printing and publication ink. Great coworkers and awesome opportunity to learn more about manufacturing.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
No room for advancement or tuition reimbursement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Chemical. Our community is ready to answer.