Sun Coast Resources, Inc. Employee Reviews

This was the best company I have ever worked for.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2016
This is one of the best company I have ever worked for, the pay is great,the benefits are great they have 401k for retirement. Their trucks are nice and clean and if something needs to be repaired they have mechanics to take care of it right away. they stress safety 24 hours a day.
Pros
Great Company
Safety Department
Risk Management/Workers Compensation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2016
This is the most unprofessional place that I had every worked for about 9 months. There is no written policy of how things are done, it is on a day to day basis. One employee could do the same thing wrong, however if they Stratton Williams like you, then you can get by with it.....yes it is the buddy buddy system, brown nose.If you like to brown nose then you are in. The Safety Dept is a JOKE.....
Pros
Cons
Buddy....buddy system. Brown nose then you are in.
Ok place to work
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Good shift and stable growth in company. Established in the industry and most coworkes willing to assist if help needed
Pros
GOOD EQUIPMENT
Cons
MANAGEMENT SUCKS
I felt challanged
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2015
I was proud of my performance. Felt challenged on a daily basis. Cost savings was always top of mind. Streamlined the processes to make daily work seem easier.
Pros
Team players
Cons
not always supported when presenting new ideas
Meetings, Invventory, Reports
Travel and Accounting Department (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Meetings on safety, on daily work, translating to workers on there job duties, monthly reports, scanning, gas receipt charges.
If you just need a job not a career
Billing (Former Employee) –  HoustonJune 15, 2015
I worked here for a little bit over 3 months. I tell you I was so excited at first. I thought this was a great opportunity to learn something new since most of my career was in the Medical Field. But let me tell you I wasnt going to say anthing about this place but it has been on my heart how they did me and what I have learned from working here. I cant speak for anyone else but this place was crazy to me. The first day I started I started training at 9am and by the next day I was placed at my own desk working. O it was so micro manged I have never seen anything like this in my life. I had no idea what I was doing my trainer was so busy when I did stop her and ask for help the first couple of times she was nice but after that she would get an attitude which made me feel uncomfortable asking her anything. Then when you made a mistake you had to send an email to everyone in the departments and you would ALWAYS get a rude response. They made you feel so low and bad for making a mistake. Also working there I feel like managment and team leads new nothing. I would ask both of them the same question and get two different answers. Things just confusing there and I started not like coming to work. Not to mention I felt harassed everyday. Everyday someone made a comment about how short I was to the point where I didnt even feel comfortable at my own job. Once I did find a new job I put my notice in at 10 am by 2 pm they was walking me out lol which was fine with me I felt a big relief. When the team lead walked me out she had a smile on her face saying " Have a nice life". All I can  more... do is pray for suncoast and the people. I have learned that everything that sounds good is not always good for you. And this place was not for me. I was looking for a career not a job and this place didnt offer me that so with that said good luck Suncoast wish this company nothing but the best of luck.  less
Pros
I got to learn SAP
Cons
no training, bad managment
Constantly changing policy, procedures, paperwork...
crude oil driver (Former Employee) –  south texasJanuary 28, 2015
Extremely driver unfriendly company. If you stopped at truck stop over 15 mins management would call demanding an explanation. Forced to signed an arbitration agreement giving up your constitutional right to a trial if the company screws you, also allowing them access to your personal electronic devices I.e. cell, laptop, etc.... If they believe you may have proprietary information. If you enjoy paperwork, policy, procedure and punishment then sun coast is for you. Don't believe any of the best places to work surveys because they only survey a small sampling of office staff. Not once has a driver been surveyed lol
Pros
75 mph trucks, free health ins for individual
Cons
long days, lowest pay, just a number, too many rules constantly changing
Would not recommend
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland TerminalDecember 4, 2014
Tried my best to stay and stick it out, did pretty good by lasting 3 months. Longer then the previous techs I replaced and suprised myself for putting up with their bs for as long as I did. Good, hard working, honest people don't seem to last there. I would pass on this company if you are reading this review.
Pros
Terminal Manager Scott
Cons
No help from Corporate office in Houston
horrible dnt work here
billing clerk (Former Employee) –  HoustonOctober 31, 2014
Horrible management never work in any dept esp not in billing dept alicia blackmon is the worst of the worst that exists shes never there to assist u not even the first day u start. Horrible company no training provided. If you do something wrong you are held accountable for it.
Pros
nothing
Cons
strict with no training no opportunity to advance
don't work here if you are a driver.
driver (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasOctober 2, 2014
Keep looking for a job. Absolutely the worst company I have ever worked for in 10 years of driving. Only thing they care about is what happened when you stop for over 8 minutes. If you don't write this down it is considered stealing time. Stop by the shop next door to fix your raggedy truck and they give it back with the same problem. Extremely unqualified people in management positions in Houston and Corpus Christi. Uneducated drivers as Terminal Management sisters and brothers and cousins and girlfriends ex husbands all the type of mess you will find in the Houston office. Corpus Christi the same except its a Mommy daughter combination with a useless friend in payroll....try talking to her before lunch or 10:00am on payday Friday when she finally porks into work. Trust me keep looking for another company.
Pros
Cons
incompetence
management is terrible and they do not care if you have a life or not
yard attendant (Former Employee) –  beaumont, texasApril 17, 2014
If your expecting a day off while working the yard attendant job then this is not the job for you...They expect u to work all day at the shop then go to Huntsman at night...You will work 7 days a work and don't even try to ask for a day off because it wont happen.
You know you have a potential lifetime career when that place of employment always takes care of you
wife of 5+ years employee (Current Employee) –  KilgoreMarch 19, 2014
Great benefits for not just the employee but family, as well. As with most oilfield jobs, expect the work to be slow in the winter months; with it picking back up by spring.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 28, 2014
Love this place. There was always something to learn every day. The people there are great to work with and for,
could not get home
Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2013
• Measures crude oil in accordance with Enterprise policy at the lease
• Performs field measurement duties; tank level measurement by gauge line, S&W determination by sampling, sample analysis, and custody transfer documentation
• Drives trucks that transports crude oil from the lease to the upload station
• Unloads crude oil at the appropriate station in accordance with the established operations and safety procedures
• Performs routine maintenance and inspections to assigned vehicle and equipment
• Complies with all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and Enterprise vehicle policies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Coast Resources, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5