SUN COAST RESOURCES, INC Employee Reviews

would not go back
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
Have to work from 5pm, till 5am working in rail yards fueling trains. they were constantly telling you (don't spill, don't spill) if you spill fuel on the ground they would fire you. You have no since of job security, plus you are always smelling the fumes of fuel.
I would love to work there again
Tank department (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2017
Love the job the people is great good co-workers great benefits if I had the opportunity to go back I would definitely go back right away I pretty much know everything
suncoast
Fuel Technician / Operator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 3, 2017
not your typical environment this job is more like a buddy system. no hard work just the drivers and co workers try to make the job harder then it is. lack of respect is shown at suncoast
Pros
get money if you get ours
Cons
the stress you deal with is terrible.
Work until you get it done .
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2015
If you have a problem in your department, HR is very helpful. Flexible hours and you work until you're done, regardless of the time.
Pros
Could come in earlier than schedule to finish up work from previous day.
Cons
Stay until its done regardless of time.
Energetic Company
Outside Sales Rep. for Lubrication (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 22, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Sun Coast. The company had streamlined processes and was very competitive in the market.

Provided education, and average work day was what was expected for the position I hired on for.
Pros
Company Veh, Fuel Card, Medical, Dental etc
Cons
income was at the low end of the market for this type of company
Sun Coast
Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2014
Have all the available endorsement with no restrictions
Driving experience includes tankers, vans, mixers and flatbeds
Different working environment
Sr. Development Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2013
Different working environment with a solid work / life balance.
Fast paced environment
Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2013
The coworkers are great. The drivers aren't treated as well as office staff. Management plays favorites.
Fast growing, fun company
HR/Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2013
Sun Coast is a great company that I could have seen myself working for my entire life. I know they would have taken care of me and there is never a dull moment. A typical day can fly by at Sun Coast because there is never nothing to do. We are paid biweekly so on payroll weeks I would work 50-60 hours making sure that everything got done with my department and on the nonpayroll weeks I would be catching up on everything else like FMLA, benefit enrollment, new hire processing, resolving employees issues, terminations, so on and so forth. I learned a lot about working for a fast growing company, going through acquisitions, the laws behind HIPPA and FMLA, benefit administration, and so much more. The hardest part of the job is making exceptions for the family members and family friends who have worked for the company forever. There is a lot of grey area with Sun Coast. I absolutely loved the busy atmosphere and thrived in it. I also enjoyed being dispatched out to the east coast for Hurricane Sandy to help with disaster relief. And helping get all the hospitals and other establishments the fuel resources they needed to keep up and running.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay, exciting
Cons
Nepetism
small, woman owned company
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2012
Very well organized and professionally run company. I enjoyed my time with everyone in the company. Teamwork from every person in the company. Great way to learn the market.
Pros
get to learn the market
Cons
location