We are looking for an individual who can ensure accuracy, timeliness and appropriateness of the accounting close process, year-end audit and the financial statements and implement process improvements in the overall accounting department while working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Oversee, supervise, review work of and train employees including the assistant controller, AP manager, station accountant, senior accountant and revenue staff.
- Supervise the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close of the company’s accounting books as well as prepare and review various journal entries and prepare financial statements for management
- Prepare/analyze reconciliations for complex accounting issues such as top-off liability, maintenance reserve splits, capital lease analysis, etc.
- Prepare and/or review DOT reports to be filed and ensure timely filing
- Research GAAP issues, prepare/update accounting memos and update Controller on new accounting guidance.
- Coordinate the year-end financial statement audit, 401k audit and PFC audit as well as prepare footnotes and other financial reports to support the audits
- Lead team to improve the internal controls of the company including documenting policies and procedures
- Prepare and/or review various monthly and ad hoc reports for the CEO and parent company
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Application Requirements:
- College degree in accounting (B.S./B.A.) required
- CPA preferred with at least 3 years of public accounting experience. Airline experience a plus.
- Minimum of five years direct accounting experience preferably at an airline
- Intermediate Computer Knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel/Access and Great Plains Accounting
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Must have authorization to work in the United States
- Able to speak, read, and understand English
- Able to work overtime as required particularly during the accounting close process and during the annual audit
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Organized, able to work alone with little supervision or on a team
- Qualified candidate must pass a criminal history background check as well as a pre-employment drug test