Job responsibilities of the Network Administrator include but are not limited to providing support for the network infrastructure and server environment. This includes configuring, installing, maintaining, reporting on and upgrading hardware, software and peripherals in a physical and virtual environment. The Network Administrator must support the following technologies: MS server (AD, Exchange, Sharepoint, SQL), VMWare virtualization, Local area and wide area networking, Firewalls and VPN, NAS/SAN technologies and VoIP telecommunications. The position is expected to maintain a high level of customer service by resolving customer support issues within SLA guidelines and with professionalism.
- Work closely with the other Network Administrators and IT staff on server and network projects.
- Support and maintain MS Windows and Exchange environment including 3rd party antivirus and anti-spam servers.
- Maintain corporate and client user accounts across multiple systems.
- Provide close network monitoring for security and operational stability.
- Installation, configuration and support of the corporate server, network and VoIP infrastructure.
- Maintain technical and procedural documentation for server and network configuration standards and install procedures.
- Provide hardware repair for all systems and coordinating warranty issues through vendors.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- College degree and/or five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience required in trouble shooting various problems that can include but are not limited to server systems, TCP/IP LAN/WAN, routers, switches and properly identifying issues to follow escalation procedures.
- VoIP experience is highly desired.
- Customer service experience required.
- One of the following certifications or other certifications preferred: Network +, CCNA, or MCITP.
- Ability to prioritize support issues and multi-task.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills required.
- Qualified candidates must pass a criminal history background check as well as a pre-employment drug test.