Mobile Oncall Phlebotomist needed for Nights/Weekends for Independent Clinical Laboratory located in Ruskin, Florida. The primary work location will be Hillsborough County.
We are seeking a skilled Mobile Phlebotomist for Oncall. This position requires excellent professionalism and customer service focus as well as strong attention to detail. Candidates with proven on the job experience as a Phlebotomist in a clinical lab environment will be given first preference. Only applications Updated within the past 6 months will be considered for this position.
Performs specimen collection, ensuring correct patient and specimen identification and specimen integrity by using appropriate techniques. Enters and verifies patient demographics, location, physician data, tests requested, time and date of collection, appropriate clinical information, and all other pertinent data found on requisitions as required for processing and billing. Verifies accuracy of entered information. Verifies appropriateness of specimens received.
Communicates courteously and professionally with internal and external customers. Interacts with co-workers with an emphasis on teamwork and a focus on customer service. Resolves basic service issues as necessary. Labels specimens according to established departmental procedures and practices, delivers specimens to the laboratory or courier in a timely manner and/or performs initial processing and preparation of samples for transport.
- Minimum age requirement of 21.
- Reliable vehicle, GPS and cell phone to use for work.
- Must exhibit a high level of personal maturity and responsibility.
- Good reading, writing and math abilities are required. Oral and written communication skills sufficient to understand written and spoken instructions in English.
- Good organizational skills are also required.
- Previous experience of at least six months in a clinical laboratory setting or completion of a phlebotomy school.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Pinellas County will be the primary location.
- Prefer a minimum of 3 years experience