Sun Life Financial

Sun Life Financial United States Employee Reviews

Sun Life Financial
Benefits Enrollment Educator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 17, 2015
A great company to work for. Great People, Vision and Work/Life Balance. Globally conscious and very ethical. Very supportive atmosphere.
Fast paced workplace for IT
DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Wellesley Hills, MAMarch 5, 2015
The IT team at SLF is dedicated beyond any other team I have ever been a part of. The workload was in my opinion, too heavy for the amount of team members. But most of us are driven by challenge, and that's not easy to find.
A great place to work
Associate Director (Former Employee), Windsor, CTJanuary 16, 2015
A great place to work. What I enjoyed the most at my job was the interaction with people, the ability to travel and the ability to work remote. I learned a great deal from management which helped me develop in to an Associate Director which was my last role prior to leaving Sun Life. The hardest part of my job was feeling stretched at times not being able to be accessible when an associate needed to reach me.
Productive and Progressive Corporate Environment
Senior Team Leader (Former Employee), CanadaNovember 1, 2014
Pros: progressive environment, good pay and benefits
Cons: demanding job and work life balance was a struggle
Each day was incredibly full of challenges, supporting a team of 12-15 customer service representatives. Setting goals as the leader and achieving them as a team was very satisfying, as was supporting personal and career growth in my team.
A great company to work for.
Senior Group Manager (Former Employee), Wellesley Hills MAOctober 20, 2014
 Managed a staff of 20 plus direct reports in the Premium Administration and Group Portability and Conversion teams.
 Business owner for the collection of $2.5 billion in annual premium.
 Project Manager on all premium implementation and conversion initiatives.
 Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all group product, administration system, and reporting initiatives for Premium Administration.
 Lead process improvement lean/six sigma projects for Premium Administration.
 Created and implemented the new employee training program.
 Identified training needs to continually develop team members to increase the department’s functional matrix.
 Reviewed and responded to all escalated, complex, and sensitive Premium issues.
 Delivered business results by managing employees in a way that effectively assists them to achieve their performance goals.
 Business owner for all Premium Administration audits.
 Promoted teamwork and collaboration between all business units.
Mistake
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: gained underwriting knowledge
Cons: poor management
Working here in late 2012 and 2013 post selling of the SLF annuity practice proved to be a mistake. Over hires without any solid business rationale to support the hires were rampant. Since then more than one round of lay offs have occurred this year.
IStream Developer, Contractor (Former Employee), Windsor, CTAugust 17, 2014
Co-workers were very helpfu. Manager was top notch. Enjoyed working remote.
It is a good company overall
Mutli-line Claims Administrator (Current Employee), Wellesley, MAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: *
Cons: *
It is a good company overall. Some departments have better management than others.
Great place to Work
Business Transformation Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Wellesley HillsJuly 23, 2014
Great place to Work. Enjoyable Experience. Learned a lot.Great place to Work. Enjoyable Experience. Learned a lot.Great place to Work. Enjoyable Experience. Learned a lot.Great place to Work. Enjoyable Experience. Learned a lot.Great place to Work. Enjoyable Experience. Learned a lot.Great place to Work. Enjoyable Experience. Learned a lot.Great place to Work. Enjoyable Experience. Learned a lot.
Relationship Manager
Senior Operations Consultant (Current Employee), Windsor, CTJune 19, 2014
In my current role at Sun Life Financial, I am responsible for the day to day oversight of operations that is outsourced to a third party vendor. A typical day would include me reviewing claims, making business decisions as they relate to the operations of the business, reviewing and editing processes, managing projects that wil support the operations.
Great Job Culture
Annuities Distributor Service Liaison (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 8, 2014
Met some amazing people while working at SLF - everyone was always extremely willing to help.
Great company!
Help multiple leadership positions (Former Employee), CanadaApril 7, 2014
Employer invests in their employees providing ongoing training/courses. Really enjoyed working with them!
Fast pace with good and fun people
On-site Support/ Win 7 upgrade specialist (Current Employee), Wellesley, MAApril 3, 2014
I come into work and check the ticket Que, and emails.
I will make phone calls and emails while, arranging times to troubles shoot and problem solve users computer issues. I also check and maintain inventory. I also build and configure laptops and desktops for users, and also for refresh user old equipment.
Great work environment with workers willing to collaborate and assist each other with daily work assignments
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee), Windsor, CTFebruary 14, 2014
I work out of a work basket and I am assigned work daily. I will review documents for compliance and quality assurance for each case, each demanding its own required attention. I have learned about our business, how it differs from my previous underwriting at the Hartford. My co-workers and more experience employees are willing to assist me with jobs activities and policies that are still new due to the learning process.
Management is lacking in knowledge and experience
LTD Claim Administrator (Former Employee), Windsor, CTFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good insurance for employees, employees willing to each other when manangement falls short
Cons: low pay, lack of training for positions hired for
management disrespectful, lacking in knowledge of job function and training of employees.
Amazing company but very stressful
Front End Claims Generalist (Former Employee), Wellesley, MAFebruary 3, 2014
This company has amazing opportunities for even entry level positions within the insurance industry. However, you'll need to be ready for a very very fast paced environment and a high volume of work.
Don't work here!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Wellesley, MAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: psychotic managers
I loved my job but my manager was not good at managing others. I went to HR for guidance and was promptly fired.
It was first company i have worked in US, and great experience working for Sunlife
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Wellesley, MAJanuary 17, 2014
Sunlife was the first company I have worked for in US. I was new to US but I got great support from my colleagues and was awesome atmosphere to work in.
Good Insurance Carrier
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS REPRESENATIVE (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2014
This is a good opportunity if you are aligned with a significant amount of brokers that have a constant stream of good RFP activity. If not this position is not a good one and you will not succeed. This position is 80% based on your distribution partnership and 20% underwriting and organizational growth.
Sun Life
Internal Wholesaler (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 2, 2014
Managed territory on annuity and linked benefit platform. Aided advisors with case work and product information.

1 2 3

About Sun Life Financial

Sun Life is a leading international provider of protection and wealth accumulation products and services to individual and corporate – Read more

Sun Life Financial Salaries

$46,000 per year
Senior Financial Analyst
$80,000 per year

Sun Life Financial Photos

Sun Life Financial of Canada office in Basingstoke, UK.
Sun Life Office in Gurgaon