Sun Life Financial Employee Reviews

Fun and challenging place to work
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Really enjoy my time there but I am looking for a job with less travel so I can stay busy with my daughter. The excitement of going to a new client every week makes it feel like a new job every week. I would love to join this group again but I need something local so I can spend more time with my daughter.
Ea
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAAugust 30, 2017
worked here for five years. Very much enjoyed time I spent here and would recommend employment to others. The people I worked with were great team players
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
uncertainty
Productive and Fun
Dental Administrative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 21, 2017
I learned this call center is great for other branch opportunities, 7.5 hours at your desk on call with all types of callers from clients and providers in and out of network. You get toknow your team and they are very helpful. Depending on your supervisor they can either be great or really terrible.
Pros
Cafe, open area, nice environment
Cons
short breaks, parking
Great Culture
Prospect specialist (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAAugust 21, 2017
Awesome Culture , Great Coworkers ... Great Location, Learned a lot of Employee Benefits. They are currently updating a lot of the campus with new Café/Gym's which is always a plus.
Fast paced environment
Life Disability Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 20, 2017
This is a very fast paced place to work. Multi-tasking is a very important part of your day. Answering phones, processing claims, working with doctors, nurses, lawyers and multiple other professionals to give the client the best end result.
Pros
lots of vacation time, work from home, relaxed dress code
Cons
too much work - not enough resources, multiple changes
Productive, satisfying, fast paced, sometimes stressful place to work.
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAAugust 20, 2017
As a member of the LGBT community, I have always felt comfortable and treated fairly. Sun Life has a very inclusive culture.
Management has always treated me fairly and are willing to help in any way they can. They care.
I am constantly learning new systems, new applications.
The hardest part for me is sometimes keeping up with the pace of daily production and of learning new things with the rest of my teammates.
The office is a clean, bright and pleasant environment.
Pros
Great managers. Easy commute. Pleasant work environment. Enjoy the actual work.
Cons
Pay could be better.
Nose to the grind stone.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAAugust 18, 2017
Sun Life Financial was a very stressful place to work in terms of environment and the demands placed on everyone to produce without much guidance. The management was not worker friendly and did not care about the communities that adjoined them.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
This is an amazing company to work for!
NAIC Investment Accountant (Current Employee) –  Wellesley Hills, MA 02481August 4, 2017
I love this company. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else.The only downside to this company is sometime you do not work for the best manager. It all comes down to which department you are in. My previous manager was AMAZING! This guy taught me so much and was extremely understanding of peoples personal life.
Pros
Great work home balance
Cons
You never know who your manager is until you are start.
Management can be difficult to deal with at times
Sr. Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJuly 27, 2017
At times it seems like management is unsure of the direction they want to head in and as an employee you don't have much direction. Many projects take much more time than they should due to this lack of direction.
Fast paced environment
Senior Manager of Investment Finance (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJuly 24, 2017
The company is focused on implementing LEAN methodology. Emphasis is placed on process improvement and automation. Technically savvy people will do well here.
Good company, value diversity, great potential
AVP, MVP Program (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 11, 2017
This is a large company that has a ton of potential, and tries to treat its employees fairly. Good benefits, good pay, and can have a balanced work life here. The downside is that they are quick to downsize when it's needed, so not a lot of position stability for the long term.
Cool
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJuly 11, 2017
Work experience is any experience that a person gains while working in a specific field or occupation, but the expression is widely used to mean a type of volunteer work that is commonly intended for young people — often students — to get a feel for professional working environments
Fast pace office
Unemployed (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 9, 2017
Solid training program, ongoing training provided as changes occur. Professional management from Officer level & higher. Enjoy working with most people in the office & sales office.
Pros
Parking garage for small fee, free parking 2 blocks away, discounted lunch in building cafe, good benefits, possible work from home
Cons
If exempt from OT, could be long hours.
Very good work culture
Contract Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wellesley Hills, MAJune 21, 2017
People here seem to have learned the skill of treating members of all teams with respect.
I have been treated very well here.
Interaction between business and development has been a positive experience.
Pros
Charity events
Cons
Na
Bad management
Product Consultant - Individual Insurance (Former Employee) –  Wellesley Hills, MAJune 16, 2017
The company is poorly run and upper management doesn't support their staff. They will often take credit for your work and will yell at you make any mistakes.
Company Review
Senior Claim Analyst (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 14, 2017
While providing a comprehensive benefit package Sun Life is an excellent place to work they provide training on the changes to the health insurance claims. As well as updates to current changes to the federal insurance changes.
Not bad
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MOJune 13, 2017
Use to be Assurant - now they are changing things and jobs are being eliminated or changed all together. People that work there are good people just the way the company is going its unsure except for the job eliminations
This company has a parking garage, which is good in the winter.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Wellesley Hills, MAJune 9, 2017
Sun Life Financial was a company I really did enjoy working for. However, as time went on, things definitely began to change. I do not wish to bad mouth any previous employer or employees.
Pros
Parking gargage
Cons
I just don't know what to say about that.
Sun life of canada (philipphines), inc
Agent Secretary (Former Employee) –  PhilppinesMay 30, 2017
I love working at SUN LIFE OF CANADA (PHILIPPHINES), INC. I have learn a great deal working with others whether it was in the office and working with customers.
Great first job
Solutions Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wellesley Hills, MAMay 30, 2017
As my first introduction into the corporate world, SunLife was a gentle teacher. The organization is large enough for ample growth opportunity. The communication across departments was stellar. They were on the cutting edge of technology. All in all, a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Life Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval