Sun Loan Company

Sun Loan Company United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Consumer Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Troy, ALFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: hour lunch breaks
Cons: no in between breaks
Getting calls done on time, working collections none stop. Smiling and enjoying the customers that come in and out on a daily basis. Being competitive, setting weekly and daily goals. Hardest part finding a way to get the collections in. Working the past due accounts.
work hard....no play
assistant office manager (Former Employee), ALFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: desk job
Cons: money, field visits, travel
very demanding job. little room for advancement. expected to do more than job title calls for. field visits to homes with nothing for security or protection. use your own car. low pay back for gas. unrealistic goals which leads to no commission. not a good job for single parents.
basic good company to work for
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Park Hills, MONovember 26, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, good environment to work in
Cons: direct management
greeting employees, calculations for log book, set goals/expectations for day, customer service, collection calls, tax preparer, scheduling for employees, collect payments, approve loans, handle complaint calls, trouble shoot for other offices. Help employees with drawer balance issues, day to day running of the office. Great company to work for but not much availability for advancement. Direct management is not held to a good standard for the job they should do.
Over all we have a good time in the office and enjoy our customers.
excellent training
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bryan, TXNovember 4, 2014
I enjoyed the girls that I worked with in the office and the training was fantastic because I got to go out of town many times. The part of the job that gets old is making the phone calls every day to past due accounts. But the insurance was good and the hotels I stayed in were fantastic.
Great place to work .
Branch Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: great rewards for my hard work.
Cons: not the best health insurance
A typical day of doing loans you learn so much my upper management where good people to work for,my co-workers where great. The hardest part of the job was fielding collections. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people in there time of need.
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager Loan Officer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: field visits
Great co workers, processing consumer loan applications, bank drops, balancing general ledger, office duties, collections
I loved the trust and compassion of this job
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: fun, loved going to work
Cons: i lost my supervisor trust
I had a great working relationship with my supervisor. We communicated one on one everyday. I felt the trust he had in me and for my employees. The communication, encouragement with positive feedback was wonderful to work for,
Busy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), AlabamaAugust 29, 2014
Cons: field visits aren't safe
On the phone calling collections from beginning of work day to end...constantly...unless you are out in the field knocking on peoples door for collection. The hardest part of job was field visits.
Customer Service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Yukon, OKJuly 28, 2014
Pros: getting to meet new people
Cons: long hours and did not provide adequate reimburshment for gas mileage or wear and tear on vehicle
I enjoyed working for this company but the management made things very hard and I feel as though I was setup for failure because I am a single mom.
Does not compensate
Manager (Former Employee), AlabamaJuly 10, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: pay sucks, long hours, wear and tear on car, unrealistic goals
This company wants managers to work on salary so that they do not have to compensate them for overtime correctly. They want you to work 50+ hours per week and overtime is only half your pay for management. The little overtime pay you do get you only get on the last check of the month. They want you to put all these miles on your car and will barely pay you for gas. Please beware before you apply for this company.
Great work environment
Manager (Former Employee), Silver City, NMJune 24, 2014
Pros: travel
Great company to work for
Enjoyed my co-workers
Good management team
Learned to review credit reports and make loan decisions
Sun Loan is the company to work for to advance.
Manager (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXMay 24, 2014
Pros: food from customers.
A typical day was daily prep-meeting, learning to grow and work with each other, the hardest part of our job was to turn down application, and enjoyable part of our job was to approve an application an watch our customers leave with there heads up and a smile.
Long hours low pay raises are very low if anything.
Manager (Former Employee), South AlabamaApril 6, 2014
Pros: stable company
Cons: low pay, high turnover, vehicle wear and tear, yearly raises if any are very low.
They claim to be a family oriented company, but you will be working 50 or more hours a week (managers are salary) and even that is not enough. They always want more. Automatically paid for a certain amount of mileage to visit delinquent customers at their job and home. This is often not enough to cover the actual miles. Lots of wear and year on your automobile. Managers do not hire staff, they can only recommend and refer them.
Execellent Company to work for
Branch Manager/Cross Trainer (Former Employee), Lawton, OKJanuary 24, 2014
Execellent Company to work for, good benefits and pay. Good advancement opportunties
Good benefits and job security
Office Manager (Former Employee), Rio Grande City, TXDecember 21, 2013
Its a good place to work you do some traveling and have lots of training and advancements.
Workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), AlabamaOctober 17, 2013
Pros: horrible
Cons: horrible
Managers are very lazy make assistant do all the work and they get the pay and credit for it poor management team . Run away fast like your clothes was on fire. They want you to field visit people housing in dangerous areas . Please beware of this company
drama work place,lousy pay
manager (Former Employee), texasAugust 7, 2013
Pros: bonus
Cons: no off day during the week to handle your business, field visits are very dangerous, supervisors dont care about their assitant managers
Favoritism mess drama if you have a problem you can't go to management or your supervisor.nothing is kept confidential
Company provides an excellent training program
Asst. Mgr (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2013
Pros: great training, bonuses, advancement opportunities
Cons: base pay could be better, late nights to meet quotas
Great company. Great training program. Monthly bonuses were provided, however I feel the base pay should be more.
Strict work place
Manager (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOMay 8, 2013
Pros: healthcare
Cons: lack of management control
I took loan applications, answered the phone, processed payments, ran credit reports, and helped customers. This company went through management very quickly so this made it hard to work there.
management
Manager (Former Employee), Mexico, MOMay 1, 2013
Pros: benefits good
Cons: being offered position and then being told after training you didn't get it.
I did not work with this Company Long , I went to training and when I came back the Supervisor Had told me they were giving Position to Asst. Mgr.

About Sun Loan Company

At Sun Loan, we've been committed to providing outstanding customer service since day one. We opened our first location in 1988 – Read more

Sun Loan Company Salaries