Sun Loan Company Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Excellent Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Guthrie, OKSeptember 20, 2017
Sun Loan Company is a great family oriented company to work for. They treat all their employees with respect and make you feel right at home. The work day is typically busy because there is always things to do that will better improve the operation and growth of the company. I have learned so much from working here and consistency is the most important cause in the end it truly pays off. I enjoy most the relationships I have built with coworkers and customers while employed with Sun Loan Company.
Pros
Incentive Competitions and Bonuses
Cons
Dealing with irrate customers
Productive and great work family
Consumer Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOAugust 9, 2017
Working at Sun Loan gave me a lot of knowledge. If you work for them you get to travel a lot for training metting, I did enjoy that. However it does take time away from your loved ones. I felt the company didnt understand my need for my children and the precious time I sometimes needed.
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
late nights and weekends
Don't go there
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, TNAugust 6, 2017
The company could not careless about their employees. And they care even less about employees families. Not a good company at all. I advise to run the other way.
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 27, 2017
I loved working here. I worked here for so many years and it became a second home to me and my customers and coworkers became just like family. I still have relationships with some customers and ex coworkers.
Very productive and friendly.
Sign Holder (Former Employee) –  Seminole, OKJuly 23, 2017
I loved working for this very good company, or tax service, because the staff and customers were very friendly. The staff told me what to wear, (an Uncle Sam suit), and what to do. I recall having at least 20 vehicles drive by and honk.
If assigned tot he right location it is a great place to work.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOJune 30, 2017
As a branch manager all the choices made for the branch fall on your shoulders. Some Supervisors work with you and encourage you to excel, while others micromanage you and attempt to run the office their way. Your taught to assess every situation, find the optional optimal outcome, and strive for it. The teams are small in most offices, usually less then three people. The hardest part of the job is the area your assigned to. Some areas are easy, and making loans is not challenging. Other lower income areas make it difficult to profit when a solid loan count must be held, even if it means losing thousands per month due to write offs which the company does not attempt to go to court to collect. The best part of the job by far are the customers, you feel a sense of pride and accomplishment sharing in their lives and aiding them whenever possible.
Pros
Good benifits, free lunch when the supervisor visits, insentives for profiting stores.
Cons
Managers are expected to work long hours, not take breaks, and never to miss work.
I loved my customers that would come or call the office
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Pauls Valley, OKJune 28, 2017
I would start my day by making collection calls.

while making calls i would take care of customers that would come in the office or call the office.

Occasionally we would have to go to the houses if we could not make contact with the customer.
Pros
The awesome customers.
good company
Consumer Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 19, 2017
on a daily basis you will process loan applications, make collection calls, you go field chasing a couple of times a week. process
loan payments for customers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
manager is a dictator
Over worked and under paid. Back stabbing supervisors and management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 12, 2017
You're over worked and under paid. You only get paid 40 hours a week salary but you work 50 plus hours to try to meet unreasonable goals. upper management don't take up for employees and only look out for themselves. Horrible company to work for. The more you give them the more they want. Say good bye to your personal and home life cause it doesn't exist if you work foe this company. Lots of backstabbing and gossip and lots of turnovers.
Pros
Its a job
ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 9, 2017
ok employment. very little room for growth within the company. did not seem like a stable job after a while. seems like you can be easily replaced. great starter job though
Don't work here ! Very Stressful!!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 31, 2017
Supervisor does nothing but talk on her phone all day while branch manager and staff collect , make loans and solicit! They put to much pressure on you to meet your goals and punish you with two late nights till 8 pm with a 2 hour lunch . They also take away your half day just because they can . I don't recommend this job to anyone who has kids because you will not be able to see them grow up . Supervisor have favorites . Training department is great but SUPERVISORS are horrible! They do not appreciate there employees !
Pros
Good Benefits, Training ROCKS!
Cons
Long hours, not family orientated, supervisors bully staff, no overtime for managers
productive and fun environment
Customer Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 23, 2017
Job is from 8 - 5 was a very fast paste work place. Employees were great very friendly management was very helpful tough but had ups in downs like any other job you have. I was really upset though, because of the fact that i moved from city to another city for the job then got let go from an office that wasn't doing well. Management didn't even give us the 6 months we needed to improve the store and got let go and didn't even offer me another position in another store. Other than that it was great benefits were great and did a lot of out of town business meetings.
Pros
Free lunches and paid business meetings
Cons
Not a reassuring job.
Productive and fun enviornment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elsa, TXMay 23, 2017
I loved working here but i didn't enjoy working outside all day long wearing a costume but it was worth the money and the environment was friendly. Overall a nice and friendly work zone that i would recommend.
Pros
lunch breaks, water breaks, hourly breaks, easy change in positions
Cons
standing outside for at least an hour
Stressful
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILMay 19, 2017
This is a great company to work for but it is a stressful job. This is a collections based company since they work with loans. Long hours, stressful days sometimes, but they take care of their employees.
Horrible Place to Work
Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 18, 2017
If you just want a job and don't care how you are treated this would be a great place to work. But if you want respect and want time with your family good luck. You have to be a favorite in order to not get treated like a human. Managers are expected to work late every night and lets remember you are salary so there is no overtime. Your CLS cant have overtime or you will get in trouble. Yes you get vacation time and sick time but you wont ever get to take it since they seem to think you always need to be in the office. You are given goals to meet every month and watch out if you don't meet them cause that's when they start letting you know your job is on the line. O and even if you do meet your goals your job is still on the line just like someone else who used to work for Sun Loan and they walked in and fired her and the reason they gave her was not even legit.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
horrible supervisors
The company is a very good place to work. The people is very friendly and wants to make sure that everyone is properly trained.
consumer loan specialist (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OK 74006May 11, 2017
Answering calls and taking payments is a typical day. I have learned to be more patient, and how to negotiate. The hardest part was just trying to learn the new program, but the atmosphere is the best from co-workers all the way to the supervisors. They all want to make sure that you are properly trained and any questions or concerns that you might have they make sure that they are addressed and answered in a very timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that I worked with and for,and getting to train in different towns and states. Meeting with ladies from different states and learning how they deal with some customers helped me be better at my job.
Pros
Traveling and meeting new people, health care
Overall a good experience so far.
CLS (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 1, 2017
I am a current employee. I've worked for the company since 1/2/2017. So far I've had a good experience. My supervisor is awesome and I feel comfortable with how she runs our office. My manager and I get along really well, we rarely have disagreements. However, the environment is very stressed at times especially at the end of the month. The goals are high, witch pushed us to work harder (fair enough). My only real complaint is the manager bonus and the CLS bonus is super harsh. When the manager bonuses it's a HUGE bonus but when the CLS bonuses it's not even half of what the manager bonus is.
Pros
Benifits, Great management
Cons
Low bonus
driven but friendly inviroment
manager (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNMarch 30, 2017
I have learned how to be adaptable and to be prepared for anything. My supervisor is respectful and an excellent teacher. Mostly happy with my 10 years. My co-workers and supervisor are like my second family. I love being able to help my customers.
Pros
co-workers and bonus
Cons
deadline stress
Good Job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILFebruary 27, 2017
This company is a good company the only complaint I have is that you are expected to work way too many hours and it takes its toll on you as the manager it was a ton of work and it does pay off in the end when you bonus
very fun place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTIVE (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 24, 2017
quick pace very family friendly learn how to file files open and close new existing accounts learn how to run application credit checks call backs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Loan Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9