Sun Loan Company Employee Reviews

Felt like working for the devil!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  MOJuly 20, 2016
Horrible company to work for! Branch managers are expected to work 50-60 hours a week w/ no over time. Unrealistic goals are expected to be met monthly. I had a gun pulled on me & physical altercations (different situations) when doing field collections. Extreme stress! Rules and policies constantly change without notice. No help from upper management. I felt like I sold my soul to the devil while working there. They do not follow the Golden Rule!
Pros
Paid trips
Cons
Everything!
Company has significant management/micromanaging complications
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Vinita, OKSeptember 7, 2016
My first 8 years at the company was amazing but when management on the upper levels changed it became a difficult place to work. Unrealistic goals and a much more increased work load than what our 2 person offices could accommodate.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
High stress little reward
Very fulfilling work environment
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXOctober 19, 2016
Fast paced work day and I enjoy working with people we as a company could provide for in times of need.

Many employees work well together and are happy with the company mission. The one place I have worked where almost everyone has worked there for over 5 years. Many over 10 years.
former employee
cls (Former Employee) –  AlabamaAugust 17, 2016
Worked for the company for 10 months, 7 months without a manager, The store was the 3rd largest in the state. There was only two people in the office. Supervisors have no respect for employees.Treat and talk to them like they are nothing, No appreciation shown. VERY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL. Never worked for a company so mismanaged
Cons
everything
Its a job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  OklahomaJuly 5, 2016
Office managers are worked long hours and not paid overtime if there is more than 2 employees in the office. Even when you think you are doing well they still push for more. Being called an office manager is a joke. You have no authority. Office managers cannot reprimand or write up or even terminate. Some of upper management show favoritism and doesn't care about their employees.
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
stressful low pay little respect
Awful
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 22, 2016
Worked here 11months as a manager and the supervisor was awful. Busted my butt daily and received zero recognition as well as my all was never good enough. Does not train as should, was just thrown to the wolves. Have so many things i could say but i will not. If your tough skinned give it a go....if you have zero heart or compassion this job is for you!
Good company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 20, 2016
Overall sun loan was a good company! They have great hours and benefits and monthly bonuses which helped a lot! Small offices which made it a friendly inviting environment
good company to work for
Consumer Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXAugust 23, 2016
I enjoyed the professionalism of my co workers. I learned how loans work and the hardest part of the job was handling multiple customers at once.
Not family friendly
Manager (Former Employee) –  MONovember 30, 2016
This is a horrible company to work for and doesn't care about u as a person all they are worried about is the bottom dollar.
Dishonest to Employees and Customers
CLS (Current Employee) –  Grandview, MONovember 21, 2015
Field visiting door to door in bad areas & collections is primary function in this location. Company not concerned about safety or extreme wear & tear on your vehicles. Regular road trips out of town expected. Company flip flops on rules & policies on a monthly basis. Limited training provided at start. Antiquated or old software & equipment limits office function. Which is extremely frustrating, especially being timed to provide a fast answer to push a high risk loan. Failing headsets, broken chairs, printers from the dark ages and DOS software. No internet access, but expectations to thoroughly skip customers. Low pay for job expected, limited bonuses at this location, penny raises. This type of loan & company is on it's way out.
Pros
Close office staff at one time
Cons
Door to door field visiting, wear & tear on vehicle, low pay, wishy washy policies
Sun Loan
manager, an assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Attalla, ALJanuary 25, 2016
A day at work is making and collecting loans. I've strengthened my communication skills along with my customer service skills. I love working with this company.
Horrible training/No support
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 29, 2015
No upper management support. They will tell you during interview they have great training programs and insurance. I found 1 physician in a 100 mile radius. Training came from lower level employee, totally unacceptable.
Pros
Cons
Horrible company to work for
Busy office enviroment
company trainer/office manager (Former Employee) –  Vinita, OKNovember 6, 2015
I loved working with the customer and training new employees. It did however become very stressful and there were no positions for advancement.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
love it
Consumer Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 24, 2015
I really enjoy working for this company. Pay was very good for having no experience, but sadly I needed to move to part time which this company does not offer.
Pros
wonderful work environment, on the job extensive training, great pay
Cons
no part time option, too much traveling
Best Job Ever
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJune 4, 2015
I can't say enough about this awesome company! If you take pride in your work and have a good work ethic, you will be rewarded. Excellent atmosphere with ability to feel a sense of ownership of the branch. Great support from upper management! I love going to work every morning! The finance business is challenging, but that's what makes it exciting! If you're a people person that believes in rolling up your sleeves and working together as a team to achieve results, this is the place for you! If you're looking for a secretarial position in a slow paced environment, keep looking.
Pros
Treated fairly, appreciated, and rewarded for results.
Cons
None.
Productive place to work and learn
Consumer Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNJune 2, 2015
The company taught me many valuable skills. Time management, patience and communication. My day consisted of taking information and processing loan applications, updating customer information when needed. As well as home visits to customers for payments and outside marketing.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
Last minute extended hours weekly
Fun enviroment meeting new people
Receptionist/clerk (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJuly 28, 2015
Loved working with people and being able to help them out in taking out a loan. I have great customer service. It was a very laid back job, always finished my work on time. Never was late either. I enjoyed me job.
Pros
Laid Back Job
Cons
slow days
Unprofessional
Customer loan specialist (Former Employee) –  AlMarch 20, 2015
You work very long hours and don't get treated well. I was sick and was told to suck it up so the customers wouldn't notice. I would think the perfect response would be...."hey, you've been working long hours everyday...get off a little early and go get yourself seen about"
Didn't happen!
They are not at all what I expected.
Pros
Cons
long hours, field visits, people changing rules as they go
Fun place to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKOctober 1, 2015
Fun working environment. Sometimes not completely sure on schedule. As an employee working for another manager things weren't always as it should have been
basic good company to work for
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Park Hills, MONovember 26, 2014
greeting employees, calculations for log book, set goals/expectations for day, customer service, collection calls, tax preparer, scheduling for employees, collect payments, approve loans, handle complaint calls, trouble shoot for other offices. Help employees with drawer balance issues, day to day running of the office. Great company to work for but not much availability for advancement. Direct management is not held to a good standard for the job they should do.
Over all we have a good time in the office and enjoy our customers.
Pros
flexible scheduling, good environment to work in
Cons
direct management

2.9