Sun National Bank

Sun National Bank Employer Reviews

Productive and professional
F/T teller (Former Employee), Freehold, NJFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: professional setting
Cons: little compensation
I liked the environment, but there was no opportunity for growth.
Fun workplace & great co-workers
Teller (Former Employee), Manahawkin, NJNovember 17, 2013
I had a great team and enjoyed having regular customers every day. That "Cheers" mentality-- "sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name." Working for this company was a pleasure overall.
nice small office. great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Little Egg Harbor, NJNovember 6, 2013
Pros: good salary, offices in a lot of locations
Cons: layoffs
desk job working with customers, great co-workers. good salary, close to home
No room for promotion
Teller (Former Employee), Manahawkin, NJJune 17, 2013
Pros: great team
Cons: management and no room for growth
Had the opportunity to work with some of the best tellers; I learned a lot from them. Management really had no idea on how to supervise and be a leader for the team. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting regular customers with their banking needs, and building rapport with them. A lot of opportunity to learn the business inside and out, and – more... Sun National had "normal" banking hours. – less
great job, good hours
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Matawan, NJMay 4, 2013
Accurately and efficiently process and record routine transactions for bank customers including cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, processing loan payments and money transfers. Promote and advise on the bank's products and services.
Great place to work with lots of opportunity.
ATM Network Manager (Current Employee), Vineland, NJApril 22, 2013
Enjoyable place to work. The bank likes to promote within. Manament is fair to employees. Co-workers work together as a team. I've gained valuable knowlede at Sun National Bank and would recommend working for this company.
Average work environment
Hybrid Bank Teller (Former Employee), Matawan, NJMarch 12, 2013
Pros: bankers hours
Cons: no breaks
The average day working at a bank. Nothing out of the ordinary. You do not learn anything passed what your job title allows.
Productive and fun with a great team to be a part of.
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Trenton, NJFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: hour lunch, went to lunch wit co-worker, had good hours, made good money, had a lot of success.
Cons: work enviorment, company started to downsize in the workplace.
Had wonderful expericences at this organization during my 3 yrs there. Never had any problems with managment and everyone
i ever had an encounter with was very nice and welcoming towards me.
Fun place to work
Part-timer (Former Employee), Trenton, NJOctober 13, 2012
Pros: fun place to work/short hours
Cons: nights & weekends/low compensation
I worked here as a part-timer. Having live events and a fun team of coworkers really made my work here enjoyable. A lot of the part-time/event jobs require night and weekend hours, and that can get tiring if you already work a 9-5 in addition to that. Compensation wasn't great, and is sometimes unequal regardless of gender and seniority.
Good Company
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Vineland, NJSeptember 20, 2012
Good company if you like banking. Very strategic company, wonderful place to work.
AVP, Retail Branch Manager
AVP, Retail Branch Manager (Former Employee), Browns Mills, NJSeptember 18, 2012
Develop and implement strategies to increase balance sheet growth, profitability and customer retention for the assigned branch. Enhance the Sun National Bank market position through the development and leveraging of strong community relationships. Establish minimum performance standards for branch personnel to align with branch goals and objectives; – more... provide the guidance and leadership necessary to meet defined standards. Ensure the operational integrity of the branch – less
Productive workplace, nice environment flexable working conditions.
Regional Marketing Assistant - Medical Lending (Current Employee), West Windsor, NJSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: i work from home if necessary but not frequently, very understandin if you need to change hours in an insatnt, mnagement team in my group is very fair and understanding.
Cons: i do not get to interact that much with others most of the people work remotely.
I am very happy at this job. The company is very professional but very family oriented.

I am just looking for Part time work in the evenings to supplement my income
Looking for advancement opportunities
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Old Bridge, NJJuly 3, 2012
Pros: hours and benefits
Cons: lack of communication, slow days
I have been with the company for almost 5 years. I have learned a lot throughout my time. I feel as the company has taken care of me up until this point but now feel that it is time for me to find new opportunities along with learning new skills. I like a fast paced environment which I currently do not have at my current job. I am also looking for an – more... opportunity to be a part of a team who is goal-oriented. – less
Poor work environment
Relationship Manager, VP Commercial Lending (Former Employee), Vineland, NJJune 4, 2012
Cons: not a productive work environment at that time.
A typical day consisted of driving between counties to a meeting in Cumberland County, back to Gloucester County to meet with clients and then up to Burlington County to the office. After a long day of travel it was hours of paperwork at home. Management was not "plugged in" to what was needed. Tools to perform the job were not properly provided, and – more... several senior management "leaders" used hostile language and were abusive to employees around me. Some of the employees engaged in practices that were not professional. – less
a good part time job
Teller (Former Employee), Bridgeton, njFebruary 29, 2012
Pros: low stress
Banking is not the "must have" job it used to be. The prior benefits of good "bankers" hours no longer exist. They did work with me and my college schedule, and they were understanding when I left after the completion of my degree.
Great values.
Vineland NJ (Former Employee), Full-Time tellerNovember 8, 2011
Working here was great! The district manager was a great woman who wanted the best for this bank.