Sun National Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Quite and educational place to work
Loan Review Processor (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJApril 11, 2016
I enjoyed working within the Commercial Loan Department. An average day would be post closing one to five files, depending on the amount of paperwork I had to review, my coworkers where always available to assist when I needed it and management always kept everyone on top of the latest rules and compliance changes. Every holiday we always had a food day which was a chore I enjoyed doing, I did not mind taking the lead on making sure everyone was participating and fed. The hardest part of my job, besides leaving, was the attorney prepared loan documents. I always had to take my time in reading them and making sure all of the documents regarding the loan(s) had the same consistent verbiage.
Not a place you wanna work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJuly 19, 2016
When I first went to Vineland and Mt. Laurel for orientation/training, I thought I was going to LOVE the company, which i do. Everyone is so nice and helpful so just keep in mind I'm not bashing the whole company, just simply the branch I worked in. The manger quite clearly played "favorites". I had asked for a day off, due to moving and I was denied. A service specialist on the desk one day had asked to leave early, and have the next day off.. for a CONCERT. Her wish was granted. I was also asked to take a shorter vacation to come in and help out because another teller had requested vacation that week also, i did cut my vacation short. Months later, I put in a PTO request for another vacation.. was denied because someone else was going on vacation. The way the branch was ran was extremely UNPROFESSIONAL. Would never recommend working there... not to mention, the pay was just as lousy as the manager. The other tellers for the most part were great, but just as miserable as I was.
Pros
1 hour breaks
Cons
the manager
Good Job for College Student
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 31, 2016
This is a great job for a college students as they don't offer the best salary and compensation package. Also, little to no job advancement or career training.
Pros
Great for Colloge students
Cons
Salary
Ok Job but not too much room for advancement
Teller (Current Employee) –  Millville, NJFebruary 22, 2016
I don't see many job openings happening as the company is downsizing and closing branches. I feel like I am stuck in a position at the bottom and I haven't seen a raise or bonus in the 2 years that I've worked there.
Pros
easy job, training provided
Cons
no room for advancement
nice place to work
Also respond and assist customers (Former Employee) –  Little Egg Harbor, NJMay 24, 2016
Busy branch. little town so customer were so nice to us . they feel like walking in and talking to friends. very friendly. coworkers really nice hard working people.
N/a
Project Coordinator (Intern) (Former Employee) –  South Vineland, NJMay 7, 2016
Very nice workforce. Knowledgeable associates who are willing to help the person next to them. A great company with future plans for expansion.
Enjoyed working at Sun Bank
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Millville, NJJanuary 19, 2016
I was the #1 Banker for 5 years in the whole state of NJ. Sun Bank is really a great company to work for. the reason I left is because I wanted to go into management. Sun Bank was Eliminating the Asst. Manager position.
Great place to work with a friendly work environment.
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Collingswood, NJFebruary 17, 2016
A typical day at work is greeting customers, processing bank related transactions, balancing the money drawer and the vault.
Terrible
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  New jerseyAugust 27, 2015
Expectancy theory was broken over and over again. The amount of effort it took to get sales incentives sucked. They have no idea how to manage employees or managers. Everythign is decentralized causing chaos throughout. The actual workers were great but it was hard to motivate sice expectancy and equity was completly off. They should thank they lucky stars they are not sued for wrongful termination and ADA issues/
productive and fun place to work
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  njJanuary 2, 2016
my co workers were amazing. very good staffing. i managed one of the branch absent of a manager . I loved the experience. i love the customers
Its Okay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJJanuary 10, 2016
Can be busy or slow. Not much room for growth. There is a lot you need to know. There are many programs you need to learn to use,
Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJAugust 10, 2015
Everyday is different. One day we can be preparing for the circus another day a concert. Days are long around events, not your typical 9-5 job.
Pros
Shows
Cons
Hours
Going through Restructuring
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel NJJune 23, 2015
tough times at the bank, we are sure it will turn the corner though with the new leadership that has come aboard.............
Pros
Restructuring
Cons
Restructuring
nice people to work with
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somers Point, NJMarch 26, 2015
typical day: busy
good place to develop people skills and get to know the people in your community. Most co-workers are helpful and pleasant to work with.
It might be a little bit of a hassle if you need a day off or need to be late a few hours unexpetedly
Poor CEO Management
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Floram Park, NJMarch 16, 2015
When you tell your Sales Stall you are going to make a major push on increasing mortgage originations on a Thursday and then eliminated to whole division the 3 days later. It leaves a bad taste in you mouth
Pros
local bank
Cons
poor executive management
Verry little direction or leadership
Vice President Secondary Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 17, 2014
I enjoyed working as part of a team in the residential mortgage department helping turnaround the department into a compliant business for the bank.
However it was determined by executive management to eliminate 40% of the workforce including the residential mortgage division.
Very disappointing since I wanted to be at Sun for many many years.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
not much accountability or decision making, cohesive vision from leadership
Nice place to work and great co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJAugust 14, 2014
Serve as primary liaison between Commercial Banking customers, relationship team members and various operations groups in order to ensure superior levels of customer service. Provide assistance and support to loan officers with daily needs of borrowers including loan advances/payments, overdrafts, opening DDA accounts and wire transfers. Provide direct support to 3 loan officers and handle a portfolio of over 80 customer relationships.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having support from co-workers in order to accomplish daily tasks.
Friendly staff
Teller (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJJune 3, 2015
Coworkers were very friendly and helpful. Great customers. Stable hours and benefits. Was not very busy looking for something more fast paced.
Poor work environment
Relationship Manager, VP Commercial Lending (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJune 4, 2012
A typical day consisted of driving between counties to a meeting in Cumberland County, back to Gloucester County to meet with clients and then up to Burlington County to the office. After a long day of travel it was hours of paperwork at home. Management was not "plugged in" to what was needed. Tools to perform the job were not properly provided, and several senior management "leaders" used hostile language and were abusive to employees around me. Some of the employees engaged in practices that were not professional.
Cons
not a productive work environment at that time.
Looking for advancement opportunities
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJJuly 3, 2012
I have been with the company for almost 5 years. I have learned a lot throughout my time. I feel as the company has taken care of me up until this point but now feel that it is time for me to find new opportunities along with learning new skills. I like a fast paced environment which I currently do not have at my current job. I am also looking for an opportunity to be a part of a team who is goal-oriented.
Pros
hours and benefits
Cons
lack of communication, slow days