Sun National Bank

Sun National Bank Employee Reviews

Poor CEO Management
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee), Floram Park, NJMarch 16, 2015
Pros: local bank
Cons: poor executive management
When you tell your Sales Stall you are going to make a major push on increasing mortgage originations on a Thursday and then eliminated to whole division the 3 days later. It leaves a bad taste in you mouth
na
Vice-President of Sales Training (Former Employee), Florham Park, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
Prefer not to review this company. Worked in an offsite location and can not give accurate depiction of company as time there was short
Great Company
Bank teller (Former Employee), Millville njNovember 13, 2014
Great company to work for and great coworkers. Safe place to work as well.
Verry little direction or leadership
Vice President Secondary Marketing (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: not much accountability or decision making, cohesive vision from leadership
I enjoyed working as part of a team in the residential mortgage department helping turnaround the department into a compliant business for the bank.
However it was determined by executive management to eliminate 40% of the workforce including the residential mortgage division.
Very disappointing since I wanted to be at Sun for many many years.
Nice place to work and great co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bloomfield, NJAugust 14, 2014
Serve as primary liaison between Commercial Banking customers, relationship team members and various operations groups in order to ensure superior levels of customer service. Provide assistance and support to loan officers with daily needs of borrowers including loan advances/payments, overdrafts, opening DDA accounts and wire transfers. Provide direct support to 3 loan officers and handle a portfolio of over 80 customer relationships.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having support from co-workers in order to accomplish daily tasks.
Small Nuts and Bolts company
Vice President/Director of Computer Operations (Current Employee), Vineland, NJJune 27, 2014
Pros: flex time, small town feel
Cons: lean staffing
Great small bank to work for, learn a lot on the job management who cares about individual development
Bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Newark, DEMarch 23, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: robberies
It was a fun job dealing with the different customers that came in, I love working with people. I love helping people...
Productive and professional
F/T teller (Former Employee), Freehold, NJFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: professional setting
Cons: little compensation
I liked the environment, but there was no opportunity for growth.
Fun workplace & great co-workers
Teller (Former Employee), Manahawkin, NJNovember 17, 2013
I had a great team and enjoyed having regular customers every day. That "Cheers" mentality-- "sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name." Working for this company was a pleasure overall.
nice small office. great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Little Egg Harbor, NJNovember 6, 2013
Pros: good salary, offices in a lot of locations
Cons: layoffs
desk job working with customers, great co-workers. good salary, close to home
No room for promotion
Teller (Former Employee), Manahawkin, NJJune 17, 2013
Pros: great team
Cons: management and no room for growth
Had the opportunity to work with some of the best tellers; I learned a lot from them. Management really had no idea on how to supervise and be a leader for the team. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting regular customers with their banking needs, and building rapport with them. A lot of opportunity to learn the business inside and out, and Sun National had "normal" banking hours.
great job, good hours
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Matawan, NJMay 4, 2013
Accurately and efficiently process and record routine transactions for bank customers including cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, processing loan payments and money transfers. Promote and advise on the bank's products and services.
Great place to work with lots of opportunity.
ATM Network Manager (Current Employee), Vineland, NJApril 22, 2013
Enjoyable place to work. The bank likes to promote within. Manament is fair to employees. Co-workers work together as a team. I've gained valuable knowlede at Sun National Bank and would recommend working for this company.
Average work environment
Hybrid Bank Teller (Former Employee), Matawan, NJMarch 12, 2013
Pros: bankers hours
Cons: no breaks
The average day working at a bank. Nothing out of the ordinary. You do not learn anything passed what your job title allows.
Productive and fun with a great team to be a part of.
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Trenton, NJFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: hour lunch, went to lunch wit co-worker, had good hours, made good money, had a lot of success.
Cons: work enviorment, company started to downsize in the workplace.
Had wonderful expericences at this organization during my 3 yrs there. Never had any problems with managment and everyone
i ever had an encounter with was very nice and welcoming towards me.
Fun place to work
Part-timer (Former Employee), Trenton, NJOctober 13, 2012
Pros: fun place to work/short hours
Cons: nights & weekends/low compensation
I worked here as a part-timer. Having live events and a fun team of coworkers really made my work here enjoyable. A lot of the part-time/event jobs require night and weekend hours, and that can get tiring if you already work a 9-5 in addition to that. Compensation wasn't great, and is sometimes unequal regardless of gender and seniority.
Good Company
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Vineland, NJSeptember 20, 2012
Good company if you like banking. Very strategic company, wonderful place to work.
AVP, Retail Branch Manager
AVP, Retail Branch Manager (Former Employee), Browns Mills, NJSeptember 18, 2012
Develop and implement strategies to increase balance sheet growth, profitability and customer retention for the assigned branch. Enhance the Sun National Bank market position through the development and leveraging of strong community relationships. Establish minimum performance standards for branch personnel to align with branch goals and objectives; provide the guidance and leadership necessary to meet defined standards. Ensure the operational integrity of the branch
Productive workplace, nice environment flexable working conditions.
Regional Marketing Assistant - Medical Lending (Current Employee), West Windsor, NJSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: i work from home if necessary but not frequently, very understandin if you need to change hours in an insatnt, mnagement team in my group is very fair and understanding.
Cons: i do not get to interact that much with others most of the people work remotely.
I am very happy at this job. The company is very professional but very family oriented.

I am just looking for Part time work in the evenings to supplement my income
Looking for advancement opportunities
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Old Bridge, NJJuly 3, 2012
Pros: hours and benefits
Cons: lack of communication, slow days
I have been with the company for almost 5 years. I have learned a lot throughout my time. I feel as the company has taken care of me up until this point but now feel that it is time for me to find new opportunities along with learning new skills. I like a fast paced environment which I currently do not have at my current job. I am also looking for an opportunity to be a part of a team who is goal-oriented.