Sun Products Corporation

Sun Products Corporation Employee Reviews

Good job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Portland TNFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: pay basedon location
Cons: healthcare
Good job for the local area, hard work, long shifts, mediocre pay. Enjoyable labor to say the least. Excellent camaraderie.
never would recignize good efforts by employees
Line Leader (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 12, 2015
Poor management. guess because they were planning to close plant .
Enjoyable place to have a career
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: great benefits, management, colleagues, work hours
Cons: working with hazardous material, the plant shut down and i didn't get to retire from sun products corporation.
My typical day at work started by checking maintenance and production schedules for availability of equipment to schedule PM work orders and repairs. I would then check availability of parts for upcoming repair orders which include daily interaction with multiple vendors to compare costs of parts to reduce company expenditures.
Completing purchase orders for payment of necessary parts. Oversee maintenance crews and maintain open communication and support for operational and maintenance needs. Interaction with production and maintenance supervisors.

During my career with Sun Products Corporation, the learning experience was immense. I was Safety Lt. for the Emergency Response Team and trained on a consistent basis. Sun Products enhanced my knowledge as a machinist and allowed me to advance my career as a Maintenance Planner. This allowed me to learn the CMMS and SAP systems.

Management at Sun Products Corporation was diverse. By maintaining open communication with various management styles and personalities I learned to be more open minded and a team player.

The labor force was very diverse and had various skill levels. During my career I was able to help train and mentor incoming maintenance machinists allowing them to learn from my many years of experience. This also allowed me to learn new and innovative ideas to increase my knowledge as a machinist and planner.

The most difficult part of my job was also the most enjoyable. Responding to emergency situations was difficult if there was a hazardous situation with personal injury. It also gave me the personal satisfaction of knowing I was helping to maintain a safe environment during these situations and helping my colleagues.
Sun Products - Team Manager
Production Team Manager (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYDecember 27, 2014
Pros: salary range
Cons: 13-14 hour days, lack of support from upper management, no hr/safety/training suport on night shift.
Overall, the position of Team Manager at Sun Products Corporation is satisfactory. Currently, the company is going through a production mentality change where they are transitioning to the Value Stream manufacturing model. This change in culture is much needed. Many new faces in the management team have been brought in which has put a strain on the more senior managing partners. There are a lot of good people that work at Sun Products. However, my observation is that you are "promised the world" to persuade you to accept employment but many of those promises do not come to fruition.
Fast paced environment.
Associate Scientist (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTDecember 10, 2014
Best part of working here was after working on a new product to finally see it on the shelf in a store, finally getting to the consumer.
Great People to work with and friendly management staff.
Quality Assurance/Blow Mold Safety Lead (Former Employee), Dyersburg, TnOctober 16, 2014
Pros: fitness room available on campus to associates for just a small fee.
Cons: little room for advancment
Scheduled 8 and 12 hour shifts
Plenty of opportunities to take extra training courses
Offered tuition reimbursement to qualified full time employees in a related field.
Hardest part of the job is working long hours and standing on your feet doing repetitive work.
I loved that my values and ideas were respected and implemented throughout the plant. I also loved the teamwork that was so essential in making and shipping these products.
Great People to work with and friendly management staff.
Great job for twenty three years until the Plant shut down
Manufacturing Production Technician II (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: safe, clean work envirenment, and i loved my job and co workers.
Cons: i guess the shift work was tough at times.
High volume productivity performed in a safe clean work environment. I spent twenty three years producing a product with pride. We were expected to work safely and the company held monthly safety and quality meetings to ensure just that. I learned many skills during my years there such as setting up and shutting down the manufacturing equipment trouble shooting issues and identifying faulty packing materials. I was also given the opportunity to become forklift certified and worked for a short time in the warehouse staging and my favorite was truck loading. The people were all great and we all worked well together. The hardest part was saying good bye due to the plant closing.
Short handed across most areas of the company.
Planner (Former Employee), USASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: decent pay and benefits
Cons: culture
Short handed across most areas of the company, so you are not able to do the things you should be doing. Most days are spent putting out fires all day long. Too much finger pointing, CYA, and not enough cooperation.
Great place to work.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTAugust 7, 2014
This company is a good company to work for but there isn't much room for advancement.
I enjoyed working here.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great coworkers.
Cons: closed our location.
Very good job. We were able to work many different jobs and learn new skills. The pay was great as were the benefits. My co-workers became a second family.
It was ok company to work for
Palletizer Operator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 26, 2014
Pros: entitle to two 15 minutes breaks and 30 minutes for lunch and only had to work 8 hrs shift.
Cons: had to pay a lot for health insurance.
I enjoyed working with the people there. we worked well together , help each others out so we can get things done faster. we were more productive under Unilever than under Sun Products Corp cause of
mismanagement and negligent.
production work place
Production Reporting Clerk (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYJune 18, 2014
Pros: alot family fun outtings
Cons: short breaks, no air in warehouse, not enought team work
come in at 6pm and isnt the life for me love have day shift job. I double check work order make sure they are running the correct one for the product i handle changes over and end of runs, make sure all product is ready to be shipped out to customer.
Fun Workplace
Team Member (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYMay 13, 2014
Pros: days off
Cons: 12 hr
In this position, I am responsible for the operation and basic maintenance on the machine.
I safely perform routine operations as in start-up or shut down. On down time I help my team members complete others tasks if needed.
I enjoy working there.
Operation Technician (Current Employee), Baltimore MdApril 9, 2014
It was a good place .I enjoy working there.i work there for 27 years.
good place to work
Senior Financial Analyst - Marketing Finance (Current Employee), Wilton, CTApril 8, 2014
good place to work, to include above average work/life balance, benefits are good and job culture is good
Enjoy my job and the people I work with.
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits and incentives for progress.
Start the day by showing up about 30 minutes before shift to get information from the previous shift on what is done and what work load is left to complete and any issues that may need to be resolved. Get with the team manager to work out the game plan to get work completed for the next day. I have learned valuable information from my manager about managing and coordinating the team to get things accomplished. He has also been a great mentor in my interest to promote to the next level into a management position. I feel like I have a good relationship with my co-workers and communicate well with them. The hardest part of the job would have to be when things are so busy you feel like you aren't getting anything done but the numbers reflect accomplishment. The most enjoyable part is when I can share in the joy with my team of breaking a production record, being able to see what working together can accomplish is a great feeling.
Fun place to work
Materials Manager (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYSeptember 30, 2013
Sun is a fun place to work that has a great management staff. I have learned a lot thru my plant director and fellow peers. A very rewarding job.
Repetition
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Dyersburg, TNJuly 18, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: no place for advancement
A good place to start out with as a young person perhaps your first job.
Fun place to work!
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJuly 10, 2013
Very outgoing place, very independent job...nights shifts stinks though
Family oriented manufacturing facility
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee), Dyersburg, TNJuly 5, 2013
Great environment, plenty of room for advancement. Company paid dinners and family activities