Sun Products Corporation Employee Reviews

Loved working there
Filler Operator (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJuly 1, 2017
Loved working there. If it was not for the plant closing down I would still be there today. There was plenty of room for advancement. It was like working with family. We all got along.
Very priductive
Welder and ran auto welder and fab (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 13, 2017
My job was temp. And I had no benefits or no insurance. And it was a weekend only job and had no time with family.needed a permanent job and permanent benefits.
Good company to learn and grow with.
PC SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 22, 2017
As a young company, it has been rewarding to learn and grow alongside with the growth of the company itself. We identified strengths and weaknesses and always strived to improve processes and procedures and to stay on top of the latest and greatest technologies.
Good pay.
Blender Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 6, 2017
The pay is good here, however the environment is dirty and sometimes unsafe. Management is not great. benefits were good. worked 7 days a week some weeks.
Buena empresa, Buenos beneficios
Assistant Customer Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Todo Puerto RicoApril 28, 2017
Durante los nueve años que labore para la empresa me sentí a gusto trabajando para esta empresa. Oportunidades de seguir creciendo profesionalmente. Flexibilidad en manejo del tiempo para trabajar. Ambiente adecuado para trabajar en conjunto con otros empleados.
Pros
Flexibilidad en el tiempo de trabajo
Cons
ninguna
Great Team
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 11, 2017
Sun Products Corporation is such a great place to work and the team I work with is so supportive that we succeed together because of the team spirit that we have.
They had great benefits.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 20, 2017
I worked here for 15 years and i loved what i did.
Things slowly started to come to a fault and i was working less n less due to the economy. I also had to move out of town for a bit due to a family emergency. I quit and moved.
Transition Job
Facilities Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 4, 2017
I took this position as a transition to the drafting field. I was able to keep up on my CAD skill. I was able to broaden my experience. There wasn't much in getting promotions or moving departments.
Great workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 28, 2016
Good management and fun people to be around while at work. Good work environment. Hours were not the best due to me being a student.
Good money, bad management
Blender Operator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 28, 2016
Mediocre benefits and salary. Management is corrupted. Workers only do what it takes to get by. No one ever offers constructive criticism or help.
Retail, on your feet all day
Demand Planner (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTAugust 12, 2016
Didn't work here too long, can't really say much about it besides it was retail, lots of front facing, no desk, being micro managed a lot
Pros
Discount on West Marine Products
Cons
No breaks
This job was a good long term temporary job.
Accounting Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 12, 2016
This job originally started out as a temporary job. It eventually turned into a permanent job, but only for a short time. The environment was good, but most of my experience was with the temporary placement agency. After I was let go and got my next job, they did ask to have me back.
Productive and teamwork
Traffic Controller/Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 19, 2015
I will miss the work the most I enjoyed my work and teamwork with other co-workers. I learned alot working there for the last 11 1/2 years.
Pros
Pay and work I loved
Cons
Being laid off by a company I believed in
A job
Office Assistant/Warehouse Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 21, 2015
Learned a lot about teamwork, management, and the warehousing/logistics industry. Co-workers became like family members. Lots of lessons learned.
Pros
union job
Cons
communication
Good company to work with, gave me the tools and resources to better my career
Technician II (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 17, 2015
A good place to work and learn. Lots of outside work in the heat, but that is part of the job. Managers were very good to work with and learn from. Plenty of overtime witch is good, overall I enjoyed working at Sun Products.
Pros
Great place to learn and people to work with.
Cons
Hot and dusty, could be very irratating to the eyes and skin.
Great Company
Maintenance Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasadena TexasJuly 16, 2015
Advance practices as plant is only 15yrs old. As Maintenance team manager I supervise and schedule training to 25 maintenance associates to advance all craft levels to the master craft (multi-craft)
level.
Pros
FDA complance facility, plant is very clean.
Brief Review
Plant Operator Tech II (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TxJuly 11, 2015
Great benefits and great company to start my career. Company was good to me for 10 years I am now in search of a new company where I can stay and become a productive team player.
Benefits
Cons
Stability
Production driven and stressful
Forklift operator, SAP, Red Prairie (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJune 16, 2015
Forklift operator pulling finished pallets from production and shrink wrapping them then adding to SAP and Red Prairie to take to the warehouse. I learned to work with different people from different cultures. The management was weak and many times the schedule was changed and mismanaged. The job was fun at times and enjoyable. The hardest part of my job was getting the shrink wrappers to work properly because they were old and more often not in service. I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers as a team effort to make the day enjoyable and productive.
Pros
Very good choices of vending machines, free coffee, and hot chocolate. Wednesdays and Thursdays there was all you can eat free popcorn
Cons
Scheduling of production was many times wrong creating a lot of down time
i've learned to operate blowmolding and injection molding machines also i've been a line leader over these areas
Line Leader/Operator III (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green Ky 42104June 14, 2015
I get along with upper management , I have good co-workers , the new value stream system I think is not working in the best interest for the company , and at the end of the work day I enjoy that I have made a good quality product
Pros
the people i work with, benifits
Cons
the value streem system they are trying to implement
Great people and enjoyable environment
Manager Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 27, 2015
Great place to work. People are fun and are passionate about the business to succeed. Hours are flexible and the company works in a collaborative environment. Helps balance family and work.