SUN Products Employee Reviews

Production
Auto Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 18, 2016
I've gained so much experience, met new people, learned a lot from my co-workers and their cultures. Most of the time, we would have a gathering just to reflect on our Pros and Cons, where we need help on and what areas need to be filled in with either more help or less help in.
Pros
Light works
Productive and friendly environment
Multi-Crafted Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNOctober 19, 2016
Productive and friendly work environment. Supervisors were always very eager to help and support the employee's decisions. All the employee's treated each other with great respect.
Pros
Work out room
Cons
Facility closure
This company is a great place to work.
Innovations Chemist (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTSeptember 14, 2016
Sun Products Corporation is a poductive and fun workplace with great people. A typical day includes the creation of 6-8 laundry care batches and/or washing garments with the detergents that have already been made.
Good place to work however poor management is in place.
Bowling Green Ky-operator (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 9, 2016
My job dictates that i run 3 production lines while managing temporaries or other operators so that they may be productive as well as efficient.
Pros
Being responsible for myself as well as others, fast paced
Cons
Good place to work but under bad leadership
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNAugust 27, 2016
Company was purchase by a investment group that reduced the footprint of the company. They closed three plants then sold the company. Plant management was changed with managers that was not qualified to do the jobs driving down production.

This plant changed owners four times in 27 years.
Great work / life balace and benefits
Demand Planner (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTAugust 12, 2016
The work life balance was good, you were never required to stay later than five as long as you were on top of your work.

People were laid back for the most part and looking for each other's success

People ate at their desks most every day though, not exactly the funnest part.

Difficult part of the job was the management, no clear direction and need to listen to more feedback.

You get people from a lot of different areas who bring different perspectives in so you learn a lot by listening here.
Pros
Benefits, Work life balance
Cons
Culture is clicky, favoritism, lack of direction
Good atmosphere, good place to work.
Senior Inventory Auditor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake CityAugust 8, 2016
Good place, currently leading the industry in research and development of new and better cleaning products. Very solid in finances as we are owned by Vestar Capital.
Pros
I have the ability to miss work to take care of my family at times in need, and make the time missing time up later while at home.
Cons
If you are not good at office politics, you are slowly weeded out.
Not at all what was expected.
Single-dose operator (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 6, 2016
The current company had a very dim view of how to treat employees. They chose deal deal with people as numbers and not names. The hardest part about the job was dealing with bad decisions made by management.
Pros
very few.
Cons
They forgot the value of employees.
Productive place to work
QA Capabilites Leader (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 9, 2016
Productive and educational place to work that has been the leading brand in manufacturing detergents. Multiple departments have a collaborative attitude in data driven results to make a better quality product.
management needs to do better
Injection Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 6, 2016
Management at Sun products likes to use a lot of negative reinforcement telling everyone how bad they are doing or that they are all going to be fired. Working extra hours after the clock is accepted but they will not compensate you for your time, and the raises they give are a joke.
Pros
easy job
Cons
management
overview
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 15, 2016
The work is easy but not stabile some days production runs great others its very slow we have trouble getting trucks to load most days. this makes it hard for us to always meet the required quotes that they want you to reach each day. the 12 hour shifts are very long at times. as far as management goes you hardly ever see them. everyone is friendly at first but after sometime you are just another face. they seem to have lots of turn over.
Pros
time off, benifits
Cons
low pay
management sucks ok pay
Tech 2 (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 6, 2016
long boring hours, management is incompetent, and machines are not maintained properly. if you need a job go for it. they were bought by a large corporation about 5 years ago and it has went downhill from there.
Pros
days off
Cons
Ok work environment very slow
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Boling Green KentuckyMay 9, 2016
On a Typical day load and unload products. I never saw my boss but in the morning. worst part of the job it was 12 hours at $10.00 an hour...not much pay and no benefits.
Pros
easy work
Cons
No Benifits, 12 hour shifts at 10.00 Hr.
The people are great. I loved my job. They shut the plant down.
Parts Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNApril 23, 2016
My co-workers were the best. I loved my job and wished I was still there working. They shut the Dyersburg facility down in December of 2015.
desk job with extra hours always available
Data Governance (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 31, 2016
The company makes laundry detergent. Depending on the management/department working with, your workload could be next to nothing or 10 hours a day. I learned that how much work I accomplished only made issues within my department because my time was not spent socializing and building relationships. I continuously completed 70% of our whole departments duties but was never good enough to be acknowledged because I was not in the click. I enjoyed the work and dealing with many departments cross functionally.
Pros
cross functional involvement
Cons
lazy coworkers
Productive work place.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 24, 2016
While employed at Sun products, I was expected to learn most of the work on my on due to a highly disorganized training system, and hostile environment due to full time employees. Besides my co-workers I enjoyed my job to the fullest. I was capable of simultaneously operating multiple machines. I enjoy staying busy and on my feet and this job included all of that.
Pros
Work four days on four days off one week and the next week you work three days on three days off
Cons
short unsupervised breaks.
Very low moral at this place.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 10, 2016
This use to be a good company to work for but not anymore. I worked there for 12 years and everything about that place just gets worse. The insurance is very high and is not worth much. When you have questions or ideas upper, management could care less. Not to mention there is no room to improve your self anymore.
Sun products
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 1, 2016
It's an okay place to work, especially if you can get on full-time. Advancement; however, is almost non-existent. Not really a place I would have a career, but a decent job to get experience.
Pros
Good starting pay, days off, flexible management
Cons
12hr shifts, lack of opportunity, no significant raises after base pay.
Sun
Production employee (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNFebruary 29, 2016
Terrible communication, unreliable schedule, management can not be trusted with their actions or comments. Management plays favorites. Management never consistant with the rules.
Pros
NA
Cons
Unreliable
Great co-workers
Blow mold maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 20, 2016
Good busy work that keeps your mind occupied and focused on tasks at hand. It is also challenging to meet the expectations required and or needed for customers damands.
Pros
good pay
Cons
micro managed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUN Products. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7