SUN Products Employee Reviews

Line operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 2, 2017
Temp worker, full time employees stood around and temps did a majority of the work. Had to walk way to far to get to any breakroom. Half your break time was walking. Decent pay, long hours.
Cons
Long walk to breakrooms
Co-workers were great!
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2017
my position was a very busy position. the work was good and my immediate supervisor was for the most part very helpful. Upper management was a completely different matter. There were policies in place that were proven very ineffective. Which were proven on paper, and in practice. Several well thought out, tried and previously implemented procedures, but were not implemented due to upper managements distain of previous owners. There were also policies that people were dismissed for that were purposely left out of the employee hand book.
Pros
Co workers
Great place to work at.
Case Erector (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 6, 2017
All together I enjoyed my job at Sun Products. I learned how to work better with a team and I also learned a better work ethic. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with all kind of people and being able to learn new stuff everyday. The hardest part of the job was getting use to the schedule.
Alright place to work, is growing with changes to come
Value Stream Lead, Production SME, UPS Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 4, 2017
Was recently bought by Henkel. Is now Henkel-Sun products, the unknown is stressful, the previous company (Sun) had communication issues and they still exist during this transition period to Henkel and that is difficult. I do not feel that we are always on the same page as a company; almost as if we are working at separate places with nearly opposing final goals
Good company to work for.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 24, 2017
The managers seem to have the ability to keep moral high in this working facility. Great pay and benefits. Working for this company will make you feel confident in working torwards a career.
Pros
Great pay and benifits
Cons
Working a lot of overtime.
Quick to throw you under the bus..
Subcontractor (Former Employee) –  Holiday, FLJuly 8, 2017
I used to subcontract for this outfit, but NEVER EVER again. They will not support you, they will not have your back, and the minute something goes awry, you are the FIRST to blame.
Pros
They pay.
Cons
This is a company that hires subcontractors to do the majority, if not all of their work. Save $ and hire an outfit directly. Don't work for them as a subcontractor, they will litter your profile with unfounded, negative reviews.
great coworkers. managment is very lacking
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 12, 2017
there are jobs that pay well there, however these jobs are hard to get in to. I applied for one position, which I was absolutely more than qualified for, but was offered a different job all together. the original position wasn't even filled. they had a position that they had a hard time filling.
Company was just bought out by Henkel
Deployment Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 6, 2017
The company is being restructured having just been bought out. My job is being eliminated. Since I don't have much knowledge of Henkel, I really can't give a fair assessment.
My opinions about sun
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 30, 2017
While working at sun there were alot of workers who did absolutely nothing, there were also when I had to run a machine because the machine operator wasn't doing there job. It was an OK work place but over all I will not work there again.
Pros
You get paid every week
Cons
You walk to death, you dont have time for anything and breaks are really short
A very childish environment and a lot of drama between management and employees
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 4, 2017
The workplace culture is very racist and I would not work there again. Everyone seems to be wrapped up in their own drama and the managers are not taught how to lead the line members. They just throw anybody into management.
Most people do not enjoy working here
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 2, 2017
The schedule is hard to get used to sometimes. 12 hour shifts are very long and tiring. The pay is decent but there is a lot of high school drama to deal with .
Sun Products
Shipping Coordinator/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 24, 2017
Horrible place to work. They never want to advance from within the company. Bend over backwards for new hires and do nothing for people who have worked there longer.
A good company, but low pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 23, 2017
The job is easy but it pays low for this area I think.

The job is kinda easy but I had to teach myself a lot they didn't give me good training. I had maybe 2 day some people get a week.

Management is really nice on the floor upper management I never really saw.
Awful Management
Senior Manager, Category Development (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTFebruary 25, 2017
Company paid well because there is no culture or advancement opportunity. Bad management, especially on sales team. Will be interesting how Hankel integration will be.
This job had some very shady practices, but they are no longer open where I worked.
Pack floor worker (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNFebruary 21, 2017
The job wasn't bad or hard. It really depended on who was your supervisor and who you worked with though. If it rained, you could possibly get sent home due to lack of work too.
Pros
Wasn't a hard job
Cons
Shady work practices, not enough consistent work days sometimes, lazy coworkers
Loud assembly line long hours , corporate take overs
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  SLC,UTFebruary 16, 2017
Poor management , slim to no advancement. They will stick you on the graveyard shift . Repairing coveyor belt , blow molders, and all other aspects of the plant. Poor traianing. Bad attitudes overall. Nobody there is really happy.
long established company with great future potential
Line Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 15, 2017
Hard work, long hours, but with a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. I learned many aspects of the blow molding industry that I was previously unaware of which make me far more valuable moving forward. The hardest part of this job is the shift hours taking time away from my family, but the relationships on the job forming a "work family" so to speak is the most enjoyable part of the job.
No room for advancement
Prefer not disclose (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTJanuary 5, 2017
There is no room for advancement, only if you have the right connections because it is all about politics. Also, the more work you do the more likely for you to be stock in your position because your boss will get comfortable with what you are doing. However, there are few departments that appreciate what you do for them.
Pros
Free coffee, great facilities
Cons
HR department
A typical day
Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTJanuary 4, 2017
Horrible place to work!

Clicky

You get looked at if you dare leave on time, even if you are in earlier then everyone else.

Management has favorites
what to expect
Raw Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 3, 2017
The work is not that hard the hours are not for everyone. The co-workers are very nice to work with. Depending on which department the smell may be a little strong.